Official Women's MMA Discussion Thread #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
First.

I want to thank my mom.

They've to showcase Honchak more, I think is even less known than Kankaanpaa among the Invicta champs.

They'll build up her more.

Cyborg? Will her fight for the vacant BW title and vacate the FW strap?

I would be interested in Shafir signing for Invicta and getting in on the Flyweight or even Lightweight title chase. In that case wee may get a Ronda sighting at an Invicta event, which hasn't happened yet, I think?

I would be interested in Shafir signing for Invicta and getting in on the Flyweight or even Lightweight title chase. In that case wee may get a Ronda sighting at an Invicta event, which hasn't happened yet, I think?

Flyweight? Don't you mean Featherweight?

And I think Marina could make a good run on Featherweight on Invicta, 1 or 2 wins and she's there. Dat 4horsewomen hype!

Nobody knows where is Marianna Kheyfets?
Did she retired?

Bennett just fought in September, I think she wanna a full camp for a title fight, and Honchak has to fight asap.
Pretty sure the champ will face Bennett.

Making these "intercontinental champ vs. champ superfights" helps even Invicta FC to take time and build up contenders a bit more (btw in Invicta a fighter could need just one win to become a contender, IMHO the SW title bout should had been Katja vs. Inoue, not Eggink).

Nobody knows where is Marianna Kheyfets?
Did she retired?

She wouldn't have been fully prepared, she had the rematch with Tomimatsu a month prior to IFC 8.

Marq from WombatSports interviewed Jag last year and asked her about Marianna, Jag said she hasn't seen her at the gym in a while. So I guess she did retire.

[YT]ifVxipnJwaY[/YT]

[YT]rsBp1v3Ixss[/YT]

Flyweight? Don't you mean Featherweight?

And I think Marina could make a good run on Featherweight on Invicta, 1 or 2 wins and she's there. Dat 4horsewomen hype!

Lol, yeah, featherweight. Her excuse not to fight Ronda is that it would be physically impossible for her to get to 135. I don't think she'd make 125. :icon_lol: I think if she tried, she could pull a cyborg and get to 135 if she wanted.

Lol, yeah, featherweight. Her excuse not to fight Ronda is that it would be physically impossible for her to get to 135. I don't think she'd make 125. :icon_lol: I think if she tried, she could pull a cyborg and get to 135 if she wanted.

It's fair. Like Cormier and Cain or Barao and Aldo.

Marina is a pretty thick girl, she could make 135 tho. She needs to improve her technique, but going down on weight is better because of more fighters and better competition.

ByLt-YqCAAAQ17E.jpg

With Davenport being a 3hr drive from Chicago, I wonder if Fallon Fox is going to stop by.

ONE FC: Ann Osman

Ann Osman is a pioneer. As the first ever professional female mixed martial artist from Malaysia she has not just broken down opponents, she has also broken boundaries and paved the way for a new generation of girls to take up the sport.

In her two ONE FC fights to date Osman has shown the world that it’s possible to be a female, a Muslim and a fighter. She’s a great example to young people and nothing gives me more satisfaction than to see her punching her way to the top of the flyweight division.

There’s been a lot of hype around Osman but she has the skills to match and is much more than just a pretty face. [...]

If she went to a quality gym the first they would probably do is try to get to drop weight classes. Dolce gets her to 115 no probs.

Cutting weight is not quite the same, nor as easy, for females as it is males.

Also, UFC isn't paying Rin enough to afford Mike Douche's exhorbitant prices. Not to mention the language barrier.

So, who should Cyborg's opponent be in December? I say Tonya Evinger.

I really want to see Tonya in the UFC soon and a loss to Cyborg would derail that, even though it's nothing be ashamed of. Personally, I would rather see Sara D'Alelio matched up against Cris. She's called her out and it would be a good test.

I really want to see Tonya in the UFC soon and a loss to Cyborg would derail that, even though it's nothing be ashamed of. Personally, I would rather see Sara D'Alelio matched up against Cris. She's called her out and it would be a good test.

Blech.

D'Alelio has been awful lately. There is no way she deserves a match with Cyborg at this point. Evinger is a much better matchup. If she springs the upset, she'd not only get into the UFC, she'd be 'in the mix' for a shot at Ronda.

Also isn't an event scheduled for Nov. 15, unless they push back the Branch-Okami card to the same night as Tito-Bonnar & UFC Mexico.

Guess I called it huh. :(

Huh? When?

But yeah no, no way D'Alelio should get this fight. She has lost her last 3.

Tonya Evinger on the other hand seems like a pretty good choice: experienced, recent and good win, somewhat of a name (at least among people following WMMA).
(also not yet beaten by Rousey)

Cutting weight is not quite the same, nor as easy, for females as it is males.

Also, UFC isn't paying Rin enough to afford Mike Douche's exhorbitant prices. Not to mention the language barrier.

I'm sure she could get to 115 if she dropped a bunch of MUSCLE but by the same token I'm sure Ronda could get to 125 or JDS could get to 205 if they starved themselves and stopped working out to drop MUSCLE. Considering she's already dropped down from 145 though it would be like telling Cormier to drop to 170 after already going from HW to LHW, kind of extreme if you ask me...

I'm sure she could get to 115 if she dropped a bunch of MUSCLE but by the same token I'm sure Ronda could get to 125 or JDS could get to 205 if they starved themselves and stopped working out to drop MUSCLE. Considering she's already dropped down from 145 though it would be like telling Cormier to drop to 170 after already going from HW to LHW, kind of extreme if you ask me...

Yeah. It just drives me nuts when people act like cutting weight is soooooo easy, when it's anything but. You can tell that those people have never had to go through a weight cut of any kind. I have, it 's not easy, and to say it sucks would be the understatement of the year. 11 years after I finished wrestling in high school, the dieting and weight cutting still has long term effects on my digestive system.

Also so sick of hearing Dolce's name come up all the time, like his word is gospel or something. Talk about a hype train.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back