Old school punk culture...

real punk was in the 80’s, by the 90’s it had been dissolved into ska or pop. Not saying that was bad music but it wasnt punk
We are talking about the subculture not the music and you're wrong.

It just wasn't mainstream anymore.

We are talking about the subculture not the music and you're wrong.

It just wasn't mainstream anymore.

Im not wrong. You just jumped onto the bandwagon late and just want to consider yourself punk. Of course there are outliers but for the most part it was done by then. Some would argue it was done by the mid 80’s One could also argue that it was never mainstream either. In fact calling it mainstream back then could get your ass beat. Youre talking shut but i grew up in an area that kids like you were copying 10 years later.

Oh. By ‘subculture’ do you mean posing? Then i guess yeah youre correct

Im not wrong. You just jumped onto the bandwagon late and just want to consider yourself punk. Of course there are outliers but for the most part it was done by then. Some would argue it was done by the mid 80’s One could also argue that it was never mainstream either. In fact calling it mainstream back then could get your ass beat. Youre talking shut but i grew up in an area that kids like you were copying 10 years later.

Oh. By ‘subculture’ do you mean posing? Then i guess yeah youre correct

I was never a punk, I just mixed with the scene a bit through cross pollination. People always argue about what is proper punk, telling people they're not punk is about as punk as it gets.

Really I think punk is an idea, do it yourself and don't tell me what to do. That is timeless. Saying it was over in the 80s is buying into the mainstream narrative that subcultures are inevitably subsumed by mainstream culture. This is obviously false, as eddies exist outside of the main current, their are branches, tributaries.

I should have been clearer. Really what I meant is that it was no longer part of the mainstream or it's subcultures, but had fractioned off even further.

And no, I don't mean posers, the people I knew made their own music, protested fascism violently, lived in squats etc. Most looked good doing it though for sure, but there was a 100% buy in to the philosophy from an outsiders perspective.

And no, I don't mean posers, the people I knew made their own music, protested fascism violently, lived in squats etc. Most looked good doing it though for sure, but there was a 100% buy in to the philosophy from an outsiders perspective.

That's still happening all around the globe. Half of my friends is still doing that touring from shitty squat to shitty squat all over the world. It's a very small scene tho. In germany maybe 3 or 4 legit streets that I know of.

And these people are quite functional, educated folks.

The posers are the full blown alcoholics and squatters without much Punk going on in their daily lifes except listening to some shit and doing drugs/ drink.

... Cool story bro
images

I’m too young to have been a part of that scene.

I do go to punk shows pretty regularly though. My buddy runs a venue so I get in for free whenever I want. Vision and The Scandals played at the most recent show I went to.

The scene is shrinking but it’s still pretty strong where I am at due to the surf and skate culture.

If you put on some Operation Ivy, Misfits or NOFX at the bar near my house there will be few people who know the lyrics.

My sad existence which puts me on the same forum as you... takes one to know one I guess
Ah yes you can use the internet good for you buddy. I’m proud of you, but I guess still not smart enough tot realize multiple different types of people from all walks of life can use the same site. Keep working at it you might not be a miserable cunt one day.

Ah yes you can use the internet good for you buddy. I’m proud of you, but I guess still not smart enough tot realize multiple different types of people from all walks of life can use the same site. Keep working at it you might not be a miserable cunt one day.
Miserable cunt... says the person repeatedly insulting me lol

Miserable cunt... says the person repeatedly insulting me lol
Insulting someone when they come into a thread with people enjoying themselves to shit on what they enjoy , is usually what miserable cunts do yeah.
Hope you enjoyed your lesson for today.

Back