Old, single, ain't lookin' to mingle

I filed for divorce in April, after 10 horrible years I endured for the sake of my kid. It's such a relief, I feel fantastic. Like you, I'm late 50s. I've no interest in dating again, it's such a waste of time and energy. If I get antsy, well where I live (Hong Kong) there are cheap hookers aplenty, as well as quick access to men's playground destinations like Pattaya and Phuket.

I appreciate the vote of confidence but my hormone levels have tanked because I'm an old man (late 50s). 5 minutes after seeing a naked 22 year old woman, she would drive me out of my mind and I wouldn't be able to leave quick enough.

If I'm meeting someone, It's a woman with a solid career and a good head on her shoulders.

shell-like-it-too-frank-thomas.gif

I appreciate the vote of confidence but my hormone levels have tanked because I'm an old man (late 50s). 5 minutes after seeing a naked 22 year old woman, she would drive me out of my mind and I wouldn't be able to leave quick enough.

If I'm meeting someone, It's a woman with a solid career and a good head on her shoulders.

This is going to sound stupid but I really feel that dating is a numbers game. Go sign up for Match.com and if you aren't a total creep, you can land like two or three dates a week if you just email people and act like a human being. When I used to date, I would get a response rate of around 25% about a third of those would turn into dates. That sounds terrible but it takes really no effort to write 12 emails to line up one date. I just formed a template, read their profile, and filled in my template with details to personalize it.

The other thing would be to join various clubs like on meetup.com. They are full of people that are just looking for more friends and that is a good start. Building houses for the poor like with Habitat for Humanity is a good place to meet women that don't have a stick up their ass and are handy.

This is going to sound stupid but I really feel that dating is a numbers game. Go sign up for Match.com and if you aren't a total creep, you can land like two or three dates a week if you just email people and act like a human being. When I used to date, I would get a response rate of around 25% about a third of those would turn into dates. That sounds terrible but it takes really no effort to write 12 emails to line up one date. I just formed a template, read their profile, and filled in my template with details to personalize it.

The other thing would be to join various clubs like on meetup.com. They are full of people that are just looking for more friends and that is a good start. Building houses for the poor like with Habitat for Humanity is a good place to meet women that don't have a stick up their ass and are handy.
This would be solid advice for someone else.
But I'm not worried about meeting someone as I am not looking. I want to move forward in life on my own terms tied to no one else's baggage but my own.
I have two D&D groups going, I friends for hiking and drinking. I don't need intimate companionship.

I'm here to share my experience in failed marriage. I can talk about the details of what went wrong and perhaps someone may gain from this. I'd like to help others... Paying it forward. Trying to leave the world a little better than how I found it.

But I'm not worried about meeting someone as I am not looking. I want to move forward in life on my own terms tied to no one else's baggage but my own.
I have two D&D groups going, I friends for hiking and drinking. I don't need intimate companionship.

I'm here to share my experience in failed marriage. I can talk about the details of what went wrong and perhaps someone may gain from this. I'd like to help others... Paying it forward. Trying to leave the world a little better than how I found it.

I look forward to you unibomber manifesto on marriage. I don't know what to say about mine and why it works. She is nothing like me but most of the problems are dealt with humor. I think I can count on one hand the number of arguments we have had over 20 years that were serious. I see other couples in monthly yelling matches and don't understand where the energy is to keep going like that. Bad marriages seem incredibly exhausting from the outside.

u wnana jerk of togethe ronline bro, not gay just some dudes geting manual relase
gotta kep the pipes clean or ur nouts rot off
just some due sboring of together
Were you jerking off as you typed that?

Too soon, bro. Too soon.

You're a grown ass man with 2 D&D groups...... yeah, SHE is DEFINITELY the problem.
<Dany07>

time to book flights to South East Asia and live like the king!

That place is going to change with so many guys going there. They ain't all perfect little angels either

Two dinners per week is about 300 bucks. Over a month that's 1200 bucks. That seems expensive.

Shouldn't she bring something to the table other than ass?

I was sitting down with my female boss the other day discussing my situation. She said to me 'next time you should marry your equal'.

I say this a because I make a lot more than my wife. Which is an issue for her. It brings out the borderline personality disorder.

She had BPD?

I look forward to you unibomber manifesto on marriage. I don't know what to say about mine and why it works. She is nothing like me but most of the problems are dealt with humor. I think I can count on one hand the number of arguments we have had over 20 years that were serious. I see other couples in monthly yelling matches and don't understand where the energy is to keep going like that. Bad marriages seem incredibly exhausting from the outside.

I don't have a manifesto nor am I a misogynist.
To add to my lessons learned I would add that you should marry someone who you would trust as your business partner. This was the issue with my first wife. She was terrible with money. We had shared a bank account and there wasn't on line banking at the time. So I was relying on ATM receipts to balance the check book. I'd ask if she took any money out and she'd tell me she didn't remember how much. Just enter 60.00, she'd say. Well, banking doesn't work like that.

She had BPD?
that's the best I can tell. There was a lot of name calling and belittlement. She also made it very difficult to see my friends and family. Always knocking me down, telling me that I should feel lucky I had her. Then when I'd tell I wanted out, she would try to reconcile telling me she was afraid to be alone. It's the classic earmarks from what I have read.

Back