Media Ortega Says He Couldn’t Hear the Ref and Tap was Soft

I like him, but Ortega is as much of a sociopath as Jon Jones tbh. I have no doubt he heard the ref and felt every tap.

With the level of adrenaline and intensity with which he was applying that choke and the noise of the crowd I absolutely believe him.

I think for a pro fight, when you have a choke you should keep it on until the ref pulls you off. You won't kill them. They will be fine.

So this is like a reverse "i felt stipe tap" overeem situation ?

I've never heard of weight cutting affecting one's hearing. I suppose its possible though.
I guess dehydration makes your mucus thicker and makes it harder to expel, so maybe he had some buildup in his ears.

His hair grew back pretty fast. I remember when he was bald when he fought the Korean Zombie.
Does He pass the sherdog hairline experts tests? I think so.

With the level of adrenaline and intensity with which he was applying that choke and the noise of the crowd I absolutely believe him.
same
I like him, but Ortega is as much of a sociopath as Jon Jones tbh. I have no doubt he heard the ref and felt every tap.
I am intrigued by this? What makes you think this? (Whole post, but in particular the bold part)

half-baked.gif
Yeah same, this isn’t a Palharas situation, he’s tapped multiple guys in fights and never had this happen before. If it starts to become a pattern then I’d question it but as it stands I’m ok giving him a pass here.

Refs should be tiny and quiet and where camouflage all black.....they should be smart and invisible and smoke 3 packs of marlboros a day

Like Keith Peterson
Goddard and his fat loud head are too big for the cage

first time for everything weight cutting makes people deaf now

ok Brian we believe you

<YeahOKJen>

I've never heard of weight cutting affecting one's hearing. I suppose its possible though.

I would have guessed that cutting weight would lead to cutting substances like ear wax too (if anything), but apparently not.

the-more-you-know.gif

The weight cut made me grab the cage
The weight cut made me kick him in the balls
The weight cut made me poke him in the eyes...

I remember that time KZ and Edgar fought and Frankie was on his 2nd knockdown

Outta nowhere you hear "Get up Frankie Get UP!!"
in a thick English accent

It was Goddard nojoke

Back