Media Oscar De La Hoya: Dana, quit blocking the GSP fight. How about we fight first, little b****?

I hope that Dana White never has a Boxing fight against Oscar De La Hoya.

I hope that St-Pierre never has a Boxing fight against Oscar De La Hoya.
Don't worry,neither will happen

I'm just saying no one in boxing cares about a 40 yr old retired mna fighter,and most of them won't watch odlh against anyone cos he hasn't fought in like 12 yrs.
It's not Conor and Floyd but it would sell..

I bet you here and now it blows away any buy rate they have coming up minus Conor/Dustin 3.. UFC Cards are complete shit right now..

dana-white-newsstand-main.jpg
All hail our Warrior King!!

That's cute. When did Dana ever claim to be a fighter? It's like Dana saying let's compare bank accounts.

It's not Conor and Floyd but it would sell..

I bet you here and now it blows away any buy rate they have coming up minus Conor/Dustin 3.. UFC Cards are complete shit right now..
50 yr Olds shouldn't fight. It's icky.

GSP won't bother suing because he won't want to burn that bridge.. But legally he may be able to get out if they are refusing to allow this..
He can fight in the ufc if he wanted to fight.

That's cute. When did Dana ever claim to be a fighter? It's like Dana saying let's compare bank accounts.
Dana claims he used to beat the shit out of Tito. Seeing as Tito is a professional fighter, it's only fair to assume Dana would be a fighter himself if the statement is true which I highly, highly doubt.

What's up with these UFC contracts exactly? It's like the fighters have to sign them in Blood.

They can cut you whenever they please for any reason, but if you have fights left on the deal 10-15 years can pass and it seems you are bound by it..

I wonder legally how iron clad they really are?
Fair question and I don't know the answer 100%. I do believe that when Handy Couture tried to walk away and fight in another org when he was still under contract with the UFC, the UFC was able to get an injunction against Couture and prevent him from fighting outside the organization. In 2016 GSP tried to get out of his contract with the UFC on a technicality - that they had not offered him fights in a certain amount of time - yet he is still bound by the contract so obviously that tactic failed.

One thing that is clear is that the UFC will zealously enforce these contracts wit their biggest (moneymaking) stars.

Dana claims he used to beat the shit out of Tito. Seeing as Tito is a professional fighter, it's only fair to assume Dana would be a fighter himself if the statement is true which I highly, highly doubt.
Sounds like something Dana would say to get under the skin of a mental midget. I like Tito though.

Reactions: lsa
Oscar would beat Dana down something fierce…then hump him Adrien Broner style in the middle of the ring

Dana claims he used to outbox Tito, an MMA fighter with subpar standup who relied on wrestling and GnP for his success. That's not completely impossible to believe. Dana knows Oscar would pummel the shit out of him. He always said that Tito would've mauled the shit out of him under MMA rules too.

Reactions: lsa
Dana claims he used to outbox Tito, an MMA fighter with subpar standup who relied on wrestling and GnP for his success. That's not completely impossible to believe. Dana knows Oscar would pummel the shit out of him. He always said that Tito would've mauled the shit out of him under MMA rules too.

It's impossible to believe anything Dana says is true regardless of the Subject...

Yes and the ufc was involved in that promotion and allowed it to happen. It’s their choice.
Legally that may be a problem.. Why is it only their choice? Conor was making noise about legally fighting the UFC with the Ali Act if they declined to make it happen.. I don't think GSP is suing. But don't assume legally there is no way out.. Nobody really has the bucks to sue the UFC..

If you believe theyd put a goof on the moon youd also believe Dana would accept a boxing match vs De La Hoya.

Fair question and I don't know the answer 100%. I do believe that when Handy Couture tried to walk away and fight in another org when he was still under contract with the UFC, the UFC was able to get an injunction against Couture and prevent him from fighting outside the organization. In 2016 GSP tried to get out of his contract with the UFC on a technicality - that they had not offered him fights in a certain amount of time - yet he is still bound by the contract so obviously that tactic failed.

One thing that is clear is that the UFC will zealously enforce these contracts wit their biggest (moneymaking) stars.
I'd love to see someone with the clout of a GSP take it all the way to court and maybe get a landmark ruling in favor of the fighter on these deals..

He meant to say that he used to outboxercise Tito. Honest mistake, probably.

Either way, sign the fucking contract Pink Goof. I'd love to see it!
6bc0ffc0-8dbc-11ea-bf63-e99c03f1fb91

Last edited:
Back