• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Out of the GOAT'S, who had the most stacked competition?

Out of the GOATS, who had the most stacked competition?

• Total voters
205 then was a shark tank and forest held gold and beat up rampage who was very dangerous back then and competed with legit talent. Bisping got KO'd by Silva, KO'd a hittable rockhold and got owned in a fight with the WW king.

205 then was a shark tank and forest held gold and beat up rampage who was very dangerous back then and competed with legit talent. Bisping got KO'd by Silva, KO'd a hittable rockhold and got owned in a fight with the WW king.

<36>

I'd put money on Forest Griffin beating Bisping.
Maybe, who knows. I was laughing at Silva "knocking out" Bisping, when Bisping answered the bell and won the next round. Oh no better stop it for Pings safety before he..... wins the fight.

Maybe, who knows. I was laughing at Silva "knocking out" Bisping, when Bisping answered the bell and won the next round. Oh no better stop it for Pings safety before he..... wins the fight.

it was disgusting how anderson tried to pretend it was a real KO and celebrated on the cage

it was disgusting how anderson tried to pretend it was a real KO and celebrated on the cage

And that was basically his only significant strike in the fight, finally decided to take a risk when there was 3 seconds left in the round and Bisping was talking to the ref.

Jones > Fedor > Silva for strength of competition.

Fedor is the obvious overall GOAT though for going unbeaten for 10 years as a relatively small HW.

No hate.... The results show the facts. GSP had two opportunities to provide strength to his resume...

1) A rematch with Hendricks after the split decision (many thought he lost)
2) A defense of the MW belt against a Top 5 after he was gifted belt with fight against Bisping.

I understand where you're coming from. IMO, the Hendricks fight showed us how much of a tough dude GSP was since Hendricks was probably jacked up on something. If I were in GSP's shoes, I wouldn't have given a rematch to him too.

As far as a MW defense, I have to trust GSP with his colitis thing, since nothing prove he didn't have it, but yeah, a defense would have been great. A GSP/Bobby Knuckles fight is pretty salivating. It makes GSP a poor MW champion, that's for sure.

I understand where you're coming from. IMO, the Hendricks fight showed us how much of a tough dude GSP was since Hendricks was probably jacked up on something. If I were in GSP's shoes, I wouldn't have given a rematch to him too.

As far as a MW defense, I have to trust GSP with his colitis thing, since nothing prove he didn't have it, but yeah, a defense would have been great. A GSP/Bobby Knuckles fight is pretty salivating. It makes GSP a poor MW champion, that's for sure.

But look at other GOAT competitors. All of them fought guys that got busted at some point. There was especially no way around these fights at the higher weights.

GSP never intended to defend MW. It was obvious by his wording and actions before the fight. If he thought he could compete at MW he didn't need to wait for Bisping to be champion. He could have challenged Rockhold or Weidman.... both of which would have submitted GSP with a finish since GSP has no striking power.

Good to see Fedor getting thrashed in all the recent GOAT polls. Sherdog has finally come to its senses.

Jones, easily.

Cormier twice
TRT Vitor
Prime Machida
Prime Shogun
Prime Shad
Rampage
Gustaffson twice
Chael P. Sonnen, The American Gangster

... among many others ...
you can add Bader bellators finest

I'd put money on Forest Griffin beating Bisping.
its a close one ... both were at LHW the same time - bisping came off a close split decision loss to rashad who two fights later koed Forest.
I would say it would be a 50-50 at that time.

CD8057C2-967C-46B9-AE9D-0BBC2707C2CB.gif
And don’t say no because of steroids half the guys he fought were on needle in the ass PEDs not picograms.

Jones and I don't think anybody is close. The guy has beat a who's who of mma fighters and almost always dominated them.

How well did their opponent do AFTER they lost to the GOAT against top competition? I did it this way so as not to give unfair advantage to a GOAT beating someone who was at the end of their significant career or just simply a can. The list came up like this...

Spider =11 – Horn, Leben, Franklin (twice), Marquardt, Leites, Maia, Belfort, Chael, Hendo, & Brunson (shoutout for WW Sakurai)

GSP = 9 (11) –Karo, Heiron, Mayhem, Sherk, Fitch, Shieds, Condit, Hendricks, Hughes (but the 2nd win not counted due to Hughes losing a lot & fighting people about to retire.) (Bisping & Hughes 2 had the belt at the time so that’s a strong case for 2 more GOAT points imo, but it’s questionable) (shoutout to an undersized Penn)

Couture - 9 - Vitor x2, Horn, Randleman, Rizzo x2, Liddell, Tito, Gonzaga

Cormier = 8 (9) Monson, prime Bigfoot, Barnett, Rumble (maye x2), Gus, Volkan, Stipe, (shout out to MW Hendo & Spider) (keep an eye on Black Beast)

Aldo = 8 (9) – Cub, Uriah, Lamas, Jung, Edgar (twice) Mendez (twice) (keep an eye on Moicano & Jeremy Stephens)

Fedor = 8 – Herring, Big Nog (Twice) , Cro Cop, Hunt, Arlovski, Coleman I (not 2) & Monson? (shoutout to Arona & Sobral, but neither are HW’s)

Jones = 8 – Shogun, Bader, Machida, Vitor, Gus x2, Teix & DC (DC Once… the 2nd one he cheated - (keep an eye on Lionheart)

Mouse = 7 (8)- Benevidez (twice), Dodson (twice), Moraga, Kyoji, Cejudo (keep an eye on Borg)

Stipe = 6 - Hunt, Arlovski, Werdum, Reem, JDS, Ngannou

@Jones :correction add Rampage, Evans, Lionheart, Sonnen, TRT Belfort
Finished 6 out the 12 opponents during his title rain 7 out of 13 if you count the second DC fight.
  • Longest win streak in UFC light heavyweight division history (thirteen)
  • Most consecutive light heavyweight title defenses in UFC history (eight)
  • Most consecutive light heavyweight title bouts in UFC history (thirteen)
  • Most successful light heavyweight title defenses in UFC history (nine)
  • Most submission victories in UFC light heavyweight division history (five)
  • Most wins in UFC light heavyweight division history (eighteen)
Seriously is there any doubt.

Back