Overwatch Official Discussion, v2: ELO Hell (hello darkness my old friend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pretty much wont do comp unless I have a team of three or more. I'll just do quick play and practice with characters I'm not very good at. Last night though we went like 1/3. Had some of the worst teams ever. This Reaper did his special on top of the payload so he missed everyone. Then he drops down and one shots everyone cause they are standing in front of the pay load (we only had to move it like one more inch). It was the worst reaper I'd ever seen in my life. The worst part is we needed a good reaper.

I've gone from almost 2400 down to the upper 1800s. It's disgusting. I'm almost always the best player on my team be it as DPS or tank.

The most recent match I had to quit halfway as the other 5 players on my team were pregrouped and I had golds in eliminations, damage, and objective eliminations.. As Rein.

This bullshit after all the Halloween shit, which I spent about 20 bucks on loot boxes.. Is that it? Blizzard sees you spend money and just assumes you'll play regardless if you lose 9/10 matches?

Looks like it's time to stop playing for a while as this is not fun at all.

I've gone from almost 2400 down to the upper 1800s. It's disgusting. I'm almost always the best player on my team be it as DPS or tank.

The most recent match I had to quit halfway as the other 5 players on my team were pregrouped and I had golds in eliminations, damage, and objective eliminations.. As Rein.

This bullshit after all the Halloween shit, which I spent about 20 bucks on loot boxes.. Is that it? Blizzard sees you spend money and just assumes you'll play regardless if you lose 9/10 matches?

Best advice I can give you is when you see good players try to friend them and build up a group. Me and my cousin did this and now we have a nice group of people I know are good.

Gold range is hell. I was stuck there since my placement matches (got placed at like 2430 or something) and fluctuated between 2100-2400 for like 1.5 months. Even when grouped with friends, if we got 2 bad random teammates it makes it nearly impossible to win. Solo queue or just queueing with 1 friend made it a total crapshoot as to if we were going to be placed on a good team. What ended up happening was I would just group up in 3-5 queue and I also started playing Ana a lot to go along with my friend's Reinhardt and we were able to string together a lot of wins and I eventually got into Plat. In the Plat range for the most part people play a lot better so if you lose it's because the other team played better as opposed to people on your team being stupid/terrible (this still happens but it's a lot rarer compared to when you're in the lower ranks)

Gold range is hell. I was stuck there since my placement matches (got placed at like 2430 or something) and fluctuated between 2100-2400 for like 1.5 months. Even when grouped with friends, if we got 2 bad random teammates it makes it nearly impossible to win. Solo queue or just queueing with 1 friend made it a total crapshoot as to if we were going to be placed on a good team. What ended up happening was I would just group up in 3-5 queue and I also started playing Ana a lot to go along with my friend's Reinhardt and we were able to string together a lot of wins and I eventually got into Plat. In the Plat range for the most part people play a lot better so if you lose it's because the other team played better as opposed to people on your team being stupid/terrible (this still happens but it's a lot rarer compared to when you're in the lower ranks)

The problem with Gold is that everyone is dumped there by default, even unranked players who have never played this game before. I peaked at like 2450 or some shit, then had a faulty mouse that double clicked unbeknownst to me, went on a bad losing streak dropped to like 1700. I was hating life for a while, finally got a new mouse, started playing support characters that were in a better position to carry themselves like Lucio, Zen, previously I mained as Mercy until I realized that she's flatout the worst support in this game. I haven't touched Ana yet but I can't snipe for shit, so I doubt that will help me much. Started to climb back up, now somewhere in the 2300 range give or take 40 points. Trying to make a final push to Plat before the season ends in a month or so.

Holy shit that's bad ass. Had a Reinhardy in my group once charge Diva out of the control point far away into a wall and only him and Diva died. Ran over to him and rezzed him.

Holy shit that's bad ass. Had a Reinhardy in my group once charge Diva out of the control point far away into a wall and only him and Diva died. Ran over to him and rezzed him.

The way I got D.Va's 'kill four people with your ult achievement' was I put it down in kind of a crappy spot, but the enemy Rein charged into it and took it to three of his hiding teammates. I said thanks for the assist :D

Incredible.

I saved a teammate yesterday with my Riptire when Roadhog tried to chain them. Hog died and started cussin up that game chat.

77006-Goon-Omg-This-Is-Amazing-I-m-So-Happy-Gif-Pandawhale.gif

Blizzard needs to fix this game.

Leavers, trolls, and match throwers aren't penalized enough. It's only the people actually trying to play the game that suffer.

Leavers, trolls, and match throwers aren't penalized enough. It's only the people actually trying to play the game that suffer.

I haven't had to many issues in comp other than shitty players. Me and my cousin go healer and tank now always and do much better. Last night we did Reinhardt and Ana and we stomped other groups. At one point is was just mean on the point with my cousin in the distance constantly healing me and killing the team. Made it long enough for the rest of the team to show up and stomp the shit out of them. In fact in that game three people on the other team left. I've noticed on weekdays/sunday night people will leave comp because they most likely have to go to bed so they don't care about the penalty.

Yeah I am experiencing them alot more now it seems. I got up to 2420 then ran into back to back trolls. My final match of the day was very strange it was a group of 2 trolls playing Torb and Symetra on Ilios when we were in need of another tank and healer, we lost the first two rounds, then the 3rd round they switched to real characters and played for real. We ended up winning that match. They were on voice chat too, trying to troll this Korean guy on our team who was carrying us.

I mostly play Rein and do that quite often. One of the few time's I played D'Va the enemy Rein charged my ult into his own team and got a full team wipe on the first stage on Hanamura.

I mostly play Rein and do that quite often. One of the few time's I played D'Va the enemy Rein charged my ult into his own team and got a full team wipe on the first stage on Hanamura.

I normally don't bother charging her I just shield and hope my team gets behind me or try and cover the ones closes to me.

I normally don't bother charging her I just shield and hope my team gets behind me or try and cover the ones closes to me.

I can only imagine what his team was yelling at him when it happened. It was funny as hell. I was stood just at the top of the stairs by the main doorway, he was in the courtyard, the rest of his team was in the door way. I popped my ult, his team fled behind the wall, then he charged me through the doorway. Wish I had recorded it.

I don't normally charge it, but there are occasions (like if she detonates it between yourself and the group) where you know 3-4 people will die and you can take the hit and get it out of the way.

I can only imagine what his team was yelling at him when it happened. It was funny as hell. I was stood just at the top of the stairs by the main doorway, he was in the courtyard, the rest of his team was in the door way. I popped my ult, his team fled behind the wall, then he charged me through the doorway. Wish I had recorded it.

I don't normally charge it, but there are occasions (like if she detonates it between yourself and the group) where you know 3-4 people will die and you can take the hit and get it out of the way.

Yea I can't even imagine how pissed I would be if that happened. That would piss me off more than the Mei who freezes the door way as soon as a match starts. Fucking hate those people.

Welp, dipped into the 1700s today after being 2366 around two weeks ago.. This game is an absolute blast, win or lose, when everyone is actually trying to win and not being some sort of toxic dipshit. If Blizzard can fix the matchmaking element of the game it'll be around for quite a while.

Other than that, reading across a few forums of people quitting the game because of this crap matchmaking. What's with the "50/50 win ratio" anyways? If people are playing well do they get thrown into a batch of shitty players?

In any event, Sombra and new maps be damned, I'm giving it up for a while. Look forward to everyone's thoughts on Sombra and any new shit.

Initial thoughts after a couple of games with the new hero Sombra. I expect they're gonna have to nerf her quite heavily as I think she has a really high skill ceiling and in the hands of the right person her abilities seems really OP. You can essentially stop your opponents from using any of their abilities and especially ults. Her DPS is pretty damn high at close ranges too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back