• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Paulo Costa| Less than 350k is a joke

Does he not realize we don’t care about watching him because he just got embrasses and dry humped?

Someone tell him his hype train is gone. It’s time to earn it - get in there and fight somebody. Two good wins don’t make you a star, especially coming off one of the most humiliating defeats ever.

Fighters are underpaid but I’m sick of seeing this BBC victim cry

Regarding WMMA, they should cut

OptimalIdealisticBluejay-max-1mb.gif

And pay the guys more

Last edited:
Does he not realize we don’t care about watching him because he just got embrasses and dry humped?

Someone tell him his hype train is gone. It’s time to earn it - get in there and fight somebody. Two good wins don’t make you a star, especially coming off one of the most humiliating defeats ever.

Fighters are underpaid but I’m sick of seeing this BBC victim cry
Speak for yourself. I want to see Costa fight.

I really don’t think Paulo is worth more than that. He got a title shot, got embarrassed, and has 1 good win against a quality opponent.

Speak for yourself. I want to see Costa fight.
I’ll watch it too but he thinks we’re going to lose sleep or the UFC will care if he doesn’t - he’s way off. He’s not a star or even a big draw and he’s going to get clowned on or apologize.

"Whoa whoa whoa, if the UFC cuts you don't even think about reaching out to us for those kind of numbers. That's twice as much as I pay an entire Bellator card even with a championship fight headlining. Look, best I can do is 10/10. You'll be making more than 90% of the roster! Don't forget that sponsorship pay! Not sure what kind of sponsors you can get who would pay anything worthwhile though, considering our humiliating viewership numbers. But still, SpOnSors!"

-Coker

So mad. So good.

<36>

Don't have a heart attack watching your hero get ridiculed by his own fighters. Stay gold my little UFC shill.

That’s not how pay works. It depends on market value not on deserve. Like ,y roommate deploys to actual war zones 6 months of the year and doesn’t make that much

Well yeah I’m saying thats how it should work. It would be a decent start to not have every fan accept and bend over to current standards

"Whoa whoa whoa, if the UFC cuts you don't even think about reaching out to us for those kind of numbers. That's twice as much as I pay an entire Bellator card even with a championship fight headlining. Look, best I can do is 10/10. You'll be making more than 90% of the roster! Don't forget that sponsorship pay! Not sure what kind of sponsors you can get who would pay anything worthwhile though, considering our humiliating viewership numbers. But still, SpOnSors!"

-Coker
And you gotta sell at least 250-300 tickets or you only make half that.

I don't think he's worth that much honestly. He looked terrible in his last fight/loss so I'm not sure how he comes up with this value jump

Don’t think this a smart play for Costa. He just had an embracing loss and he’s probably going to get booted from the rankings soon
Now, that wouldn't be because the promoter is controlling the rankings and can use them for leverage, right?
I don't think he's worth that much honestly. He looked terrible in his last fight/loss so I'm not sure how he comes up with this value jump
What percent of event revenue would he be worth as a headliner. At least 10 percent of gross right? 20?
I really don’t think Paulo is worth more than that. He got a title shot, got embarrassed, and has 1 good win against a quality opponent.
He's not worth 10 percent of gross revenue when he headlines?

True, but is it really the good time for him to whine about salary? Timing is everything.
It's better to come hat in hand after a win, but winning isn't exactly fully under his control. He could make weight then his opponent gets sick and he doesn't make a dime. He could get robbed or a career ending injury.

I'm so sure some statistician could game out the scenario, but usually better to ask now then later when it comes to fighter pay.

Most of the sherdoggers whining about low fighter pay stream all the fights for free anyway. How about you dust off your own purse strings and actually contribute something to the UFC kitty before trying to manage someone else's finances?

Do I think UFC fighters should be paid more? Yes, I do. Their share of the revenue pool is comically low. Having said that, Paulo is coming off a 1-sided embarrassing loss, he has 0 leverage at the moment.

Most of the sherdoggers whining about low fighter pay stream all the fights for free anyway. How about you dust off your own purse strings and actually contribute something to the UFC kitty before trying to manage someone else's finances?

This isn't a bullshit claim. It's facts. That said, they'll say they're only lining Dana's pockets. Same old song and dance on this forum.

So mad. So good.

<36>

Don't have a heart attack watching your hero get ridiculed by his own fighters. Stay gold my little UFC shill.

I couldn't care less about Dana, I'm just doing my duty of putting you Bellator shills in your place. Still baffled at how much of your time you waste on something you hate so much. Sad life

Reactions: lsa
Costa's been in the UFC for over 4 years and has only fought 6 times. Compare that to Kevin Holland fighting 5 times in 2020. He's trying to get away with doing as little as possible for big paydays. Holland deserves a pay bump more imo.

Now, that wouldn't be because the promoter is controlling the rankings and can use them for leverage, right?

What percent of event revenue would he be worth as a headliner. At least 10 percent of gross right? 20?

He's not worth 10 percent of gross revenue when he headlines?
I really don't know. It is just a fight night event, his last loss was an embarrassing one and I don't really think he brings many eyes to the cage by himself. As in, him backing out probably won't bring down viewership, respectively. That's just my observational opinion.

350 just seems too high to me.

Back