• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Paulo Costa| Less than 350k is a joke

Now, that wouldn't be because the promoter is controlling the rankings and can use them for leverage, right?

I guess was a dumb point I made. Rankings don't matter because the UFC is don't have to use them. Unranked guys can get title shots and and number one contender ship doesn't really mean anything.

The bigger issue that UFC has him under contract and a dozen guys willing to take his spot. I guess the move for Paulo here would be to finish out the contract and test free agency.

I couldn't care less about Dana, I'm just doing my duty of putting you Bellator shills in your place. Still baffled at how much of your time you waste on something you hate so much. Sad life

Don't lie and backtrack now that Dana is being called out. Stick to your guns. Dana is still your hero.

What's sad is I live rent free in your head all day every day my little UFC shill. For some reason I consume you. Enjoy every second of it.

<36>

I really don't know. It is just a fight night event, his last loss was an embarrassing one and I don't really think he brings many eyes to the cage by himself. As in, him backing out probably won't bring down viewership, respectively. That's just my observational opinion.

350 just seems too high to me.
ESPN pays a couple million per fight night, then there is another couple million in sponsors and international TV revenue, plus gate during normal times. Saying Costa doesn't deserve 350k is saying he deserves less than 10 percent of revenue. Love or hate him, that seems a little low no?
I guess was a dumb point I made. Rankings don't matter because the UFC is don't have to use them. Unranked guys can get title shots and and number one contender ship doesn't really mean anything.

The bigger issue that UFC has him under contract and a dozen guys willing to take his spot. I guess the move for Paulo here would be to finish out the contract and test free agency.
They matter on some level to casuals and fighters it seems. And well unfortunately Costa reupped after the Hendricks fight. So he's 2 fights in on probably a 6 fight contract? So free agency isn't happening anytime soon.

That's great money in this company if you aren't a champ. Context matters.

They matter on some level to casuals and fighters it seems.

I believe that UFC has a standardized pay structure partially based on ranking. Big John says they literally of pay chart on a board. So I maybe I am understating their importance.

ESPN pays a couple million per fight night, then there is another couple million in sponsors and international TV revenue, plus gate during normal times. Saying Costa doesn't deserve 350k is saying he deserves less than 10 percent of revenue. Love or hate him, that seems a little low no?

They matter on some level to casuals and fighters it seems. And well unfortunately Costa reupped after the Hendricks fight. So he's 2 fights in on probably a 6 fight contract? So free agency isn't happening anytime soon.
I guess I just don't see that kind of value in him at the moment. I know I'm biased and couldn't care less if he fights or not but I don't think anyone is heartbroken Gastulem is stepping in and that makes a difference. He was lucky to be headlining tbh. Maybe after a good W and some momentum.

I'm not hating on him but he's really not in a position to be making demands like this. It's gonna backfire on him

Yeah I wonder how much those under the radar programs cost, wouldn’t be cheap.
I dunno Lebron almost got busted back in the day when anti aging clinic in miami got popped. NBA swept that shit under the rug and Lebron lost 20lbs of lean muscle that year lol. I honestly wish they weren't tested at all because some dudes are always going to cheat anyway.

Maybe so, but very bad timing to not fight due to pay after you got embarrassed in your last outing

This will be perceived by the majority of people to be Costa being scared to fight
are you stupid? he is a fighter he isnt scared to fight.

pls dont be a goof and belive dana's lies.

a regular fighter asking for that type of money? this dude isnt even a champ, or an ex champ... nah fam, shoulda put the wine down and maybe you would be worth twice that by now.

$350k is twice as much as he deserves

Wtf is he crying about, especially after he shat the bed against Izzy

The Chael Sonnen Quote where he says fighters will duck fights by pricing there purse too high and out-negotiating themselves is true

they wanted costa to be the main event against jared

they should atleast pay him 500k for that

I dunno Lebron almost got busted back in the day when anti aging clinic in miami got popped. NBA swept that shit under the rug and Lebron lost 20lbs of lean muscle that year lol. I honestly wish they weren't tested at all because some dudes are always going to cheat anyway.

Receipts?

I believe that UFC has a standardized pay structure partially based on ranking. Big John says they literally of pay chart on a board. So I maybe I am understating their importance.
I doubt they standardize pay based on ranking for various reasons. Seems very impractical for the UFC. Rankings are really only as important as people view them (dumb but it's true).

ALL ufc fighter deserve at least that much, So it doesn’t even matter if Costa lost his last fight. Sadly this expactations are not normalized.

Isn’t UFC roster pretty much supposed to be top20-30 fighters of their weight class? And you are telling me these people don’t deserve this money for risking their health
Show me anybody that actually risks his LIFE everyday all year long that gets paid $350K per year. Not to mention the fact these guys have to be offered 3 fights per year. So the total is now over $1M per year. Seems like that’s not a bad wage. Give the $15K/15K fighters a decent bump to about $50K/50K.

Or maybe don’t sign the contract? That is every fighter’s right. Go get a real job that pays you over $1M per year. If you think those jobs are just growing off of trees.

If you sign a contract, then honour it. If you’d rather test free agency, then that’s their right. Just like the real world. But, either get what you’re worth in your contract negotiations, or don’t sign it. But, once you do sign it. Shut up, and fight.

Costa is a good looking man. He'd make bank in sponsorship if he played the game like other less good looking men do. No homo.

WellgroomedElderlyFlea-size_restricted.gif

I doubt they standardize pay based on ranking for various reasons. Seems very impractical for the UFC. Rankings are really only as important as people view them (dumb but it's true).

Big John has said something on it. He says something about how rankings are tied to pay below Josh and Mcarthy talks about the chart. Should be time stamped

As a ppv main event 350k is pretty low he should clear at least double that.. if not triple. Anywhere else on the card, 350k is fair. If triller is really paying that much more, why not box a bunch if youtubers.

Back