Paulo Costa seems to be genuinely surprised that he didn't win

I mean, I don't see anything wrong with what he said. It seems he thought he had won the third in the moment but after either re-watching or reflecting he realized he came up just short in a very close fight which is 100% the case. Whittaker showed that he's still one of the best 3 or 4 MWs in the world and Costa showed improved accuracy and that he's not far behind that level. This looks like one of those fights were both guys stock went up prior to what it was before the fight. MW has become a lot more interesting IMO since it was about a year ago, lots of guys in the top 7ish that can beat or lose to other top 10 guys.

You made me look at this from a different angle, thanks sir.

He won the fight, but lost the MMA match. We've seen this before.

Clear 2-1 Rob. The first round was Rob as well, until Costa landed that wheel kick. Easy fight to score.

Costa looked the best he has since the Romero fight, though.

Agree

I don't think Costa loses much stock here. His performance was better than most people had predicted.

If Costa stays busy (doubtful) he could still stay with the Elite of the division.

I thought it was a pretty darned good fight by both guys.

he needs to support his internet gimmick of tough-internet-meme-guy to stay relevant
ofc he gonna act like he won, sit out for another 1.5years waiting for highly ranked opponent

Clear 2-1 Rob. The first round was Rob as well, until Costa landed that wheel kick. Easy fight to score.

Costa looked the best he has since the Romero fight, though.
All these things are true. Good lad.

The Whittaker nuthuggers on this forum make me sick, I don't feel like that fight was a robbery, but to ridicule Costa for thinking he won is nonsense. The fight could have easily gone either way, every round was close and competitive and Costa inflicted more damage and came closest to finishing the fight.

Last edited:
If he didn't land that spinning wheel kick at the end of round 1, he would have lost 30-27 across the board.

What a delusional guy
If round 1 had lasted another minute, my parlay MAY have paid big. Dangit.

Is anyone excited for Hob Wheatacre's next fight? The dude has lost in dramatic fashion to the who's who of MW champions.

Costa is 1-3 right now since 2020. Has showed up overweight and pulled out so many times. He said he was the best shape and form for this fight and lost. He got lucky to even get the fight, and needs to show why he deserves his ranking.

The Whittaker nuthuggers on this forum make me sick, I don't feel like that fight was a robbery, but to ridicule Costa for thinking he won is nonsense. The fight could have easily gone either way, every round was close and competitive and Costa inflicted more damage and came closes to winning the fight.
I mean it was clear Whittaker won, again someone already said it but a fight can be competitive and still have a clear winner
The first round I gave to Costa, however rounds two and three were clearly Robs

Rob pretty clearly won rounds 2 and 3. I’m surprised Costa hasn’t come out with a litany of excuses for the loss like he usually does.

The Whittaker nuthuggers on this forum make me sick, I don't feel like that fight was a robbery, but to ridicule Costa for thinking he won is nonsense. The fight could have easily gone either way, every round was close and competitive and Costa inflicted more damage and came closes to winning the fight.
Lmao no. If you think this you just don't know what you're watching when it comes to fighting. The fight had a very clear winner and if you can't see it you're just dumb, sorry.

Costa is pretty funny...but if what he is saying is genuine, that is very unfortunate...because he and his corner should not have felt *remotely* comfortable enough to not push harder in the 3rd.

While 30-27 Rob is fucking laughable, 29-28 is easily defensible...and Costa should have know that. Yes, he busted up Rob's face...but everyone knows that 'visible facial damage' is not the exclusive evaluation for 'effective striking' lol

delusional but the guy is super talented has a chin of granite, he took a year and just dedicated himself... man he could be scary

Back