Peak W Klitchko vs peak Lewis

Ko to fight record is meaningless. Ko to wins is the teller. Sanders had 42 wins, 31 Kos
Ok to fight is fine. If I fight a bunch of scrubs and knock them all out then fight 15 world champs and lose all the fights, you dig?

Corrie sanders was playing golf. He fought against Wlad like Bart Simpson windmilling his arms towards Lisa and dropped Wlad more times than Lennox went down in his career. Is McCall a ko artist? No. Is sanders? No.

Have fighters who don’t normally ko people landed a punch on the button at the right time? Yes. Does going down twice in your career mean you have a weak chin? No. Does getting bum rushed by Corrie sanders and finishing your career with people asking how high up the rankings you land seem absurd? Yes.

Wlad would get beaten by Lennox any day ending in a y. You think he would look for the kill against someone his size who hits harder? Let me know what other fights you want to gamble on because I enjoy making money.

I know their resumes, I’ll give you the time to google them and come back with some half assed argument about nothing. You don’t understand what a weak chin is, you don’t understand what strength of resume means and you definitely like to put caveats in like “at his peak”. Wlad was stopped by a man who punched himself in the face during a fight. Lennox avenged his defeats.

But sure, keep on with whatever you’re trying to say. I disagreed about weak chins and you’ve managed to change the discussion so many times I actually don’t give a shit about this anymore. When people discuss a topic I don’t feel particularly informed on I listen and learn, I don’t try and make Corrie sanders sound like sonny liston.

Last edited:
Thompson x2, Chagaev, Povetkin, Haye, and Byrd x2 were good wins (Peter x2 were half decent wins, too).* Wach and 2008 Rahman definitely weren't, though. Wlad dominated a poor era where he never had to face the only guy on his level (not the Klitschkos should have ever been expected to fight each other, but it hurts his resume in an already poor era). That doesn't mean that he isn't a great HW (he gets into the top 10 on my list), but his era wasn't even close to the peak of 90s era (arguably the best era in HW history) which Lewis came out on top of. The post-Lewis era which the Klitschkos dominated was genuinely poor and up there with one of the worst in history. It would probably be remembered a bit better had the two fighters who were clearly levels ahead of the rest of the division fought each other (again, it would be ridiculous to ask them to fight each other, but that definitely hurts Wlad's resume and the perception of the era).

*-I didn't add Pulev as a relevant win because the result was a travesty which remains a black mark on the sport.
The early 90s are one thing. The majority of the 90s are overblown with fights against washed up Tyson, Foreman, and Holyfield. Where Lewis made his name.

It really isnt so far off.

That's not the way the momentum in that fight was going, at all. Lewis had just won the last two rounds (and the 4th was also close; having the fight 3-3 wouldn't be absurd) and actually had a long history of getting into slugfests ultimately pulling through. It's tough to say what was going to happen, but Vitali definitely didn't have the momentum in that fight.
If it didnt stop on cuts who do you think comes out on top?

Theres a reason Lewis didnt want a second go around.

If it didnt stop on cuts who do you think comes out on top?

Theres a reason Lewis didnt want a second go around.

I'd lean towards Lewis as he had the momentum and drastically more experience close fights. We can speculate why Lewis never gave him a rematch, but I think the fact that he had already planned on retiring, was creeping up on 40, and had a tremendous list of achievements more than meets the threshold of a reasonable explanation.

The early 90s are one thing. The majority of the 90s are overblown with fights against washed up Tyson, Foreman, and Holyfield. Where Lewis made his name.

It really isnt so far off.

A washed up Tyson (not the shot to shit Tyson of the 00s, but the post-prison Tyson of the mid 90s) would still destroy most of the 00s HW division (probably everyone except the Klitschko brothers, and he'd be very dangerous against Wlad if Wlad had an off-day which were not exactly infrequent in his career). It was considerably deeper.

Very close fight on paper. We're talking about Steward Wlad and a 100% focused Lewis, of course.

Either we have a close jab, jab, jab, cross battle that could go either way, or Lewis tries to move inside. Of course he can get tagged with the left hook but I think he has the craft and the physical strength not to get muscled around or instantly smothered, and his ability to hit Wlad with the uppercut could be a factor.

Hard to be certain of what happens. I'd pick Lewis, not by a mile.

Ok to fight is fine. If I fight a bunch of scrubs and knock them all out then fight 15 world champs and lose all the fights, you dig?

Corrie sanders was playing golf. He fought against Wlad like Bart Simpson windmilling his arms towards Lisa and dropped Wlad more times than Lennox went down in his career. Is McCall a ko artist? No. Is sanders? No.

Have fighters who don’t normally ko people landed a punch on the button at the right time? Yes. Does going down twice in your career mean you have a weak chin? No. Does getting bum rushed by Corrie sanders and finishing your career with people asking how high up the rankings you land seem absurd? Yes.

Wlad would get beaten by Lennox any day ending in a y. You think he would look for the kill against someone his size who hits harder? Let me know what other fights you want to gamble on because I enjoy making money.

I know their resumes, I’ll give you the time to google them and come back with some half assed argument about nothing. You don’t understand what a weak chin is, you don’t understand what strength of resume means and you definitely like to put caveats in like “at his peak”. Wlad was stopped by a man who punched himself in the face during a fight. Lennox avenged his defeats.

But sure, keep on with whatever you’re trying to say. I disagreed about weak chins and you’ve managed to change the discussion so many times I actually don’t give a shit about this anymore. When people discuss a topic I don’t feel particularly informed on I listen and learn, I don’t try and make Corrie sanders sound like sonny liston.

Lewis got woobled almost EVERY fight when he got clipped flush on the chin, and disguised it by leaning on his opponents and pulling through to next round

Oh and Wlad hits' WAY harder. There's a thread about it from a former boxer who sparred Lewis, Foreman and Wlad, and said wlad punched hardest.

Oh and Wlad hits' WAY harder. There's a thread about it from a former boxer who sparred Lewis, Foreman and Wlad, and said wlad punched hardest.

That’s not what the fella said. He did say wlad hit the hardest, but Lewis was close behind him, not that wlad hit way harder. It’s also worth considering that they were sparring; some guys spar at 50%, some go really hard. It was a good read but not conclusive because of this
Wlad was the only guy to knock him clean out though

That’s not what the fella said. He did say wlad hit the hardest, but Lewis was close behind him, not that wlad hit way harder. It’s also worth considering that they were sparring; some guys spar at 50%, some go really hard. It was a good read but not conclusive because of this
Wlad was the only guy to knock him clean out though

Well, I think based on the available footage that Wlads right hand is substantially harder. It isn't just when he knocks people out with it. Best right cross of all time in my book.

Another thing, wasn't Wlad a more consistent fighter? Did be really suffer the highs and lows during fights like Lewis tended to do? Lewis could be medicore one round, and a master class the next.

Well, I think based on the available footage that Wlads right hand is substantially harder. It isn't just when he knocks people out with it. Best right cross of all time in my book.

I agree, he possibly does have the hardest straight right of any HW, but Lewis appears to be right up there as well. They are 2 of the hardest hitting hws. Wlad was far more reliant on his right cross than Lewis was though, so there is probably more footage of KOs from wlad (with the odd left hook thrown in)

Lewis is just meaner and more well rounded, you have to pick him.
That said, both of them have the tools to give eachother problems, Lewis has never faced such an athletic big guy who has tons of power and is fast and you could say the same about Wlad, he has never faced a big man with that kind of skills an athleticism.
Still, if we're talking prime vs. prime (at their best) you have to pick Lewis.

A washed up Tyson (not the shot to shit Tyson of the 00s, but the post-prison Tyson of the mid 90s) would still destroy most of the 00s HW division (probably everyone except the Klitschko brothers, and he'd be very dangerous against Wlad if Wlad had an off-day which were not exactly infrequent in his career). It was considerably deeper.
Wlad would murder plodding Tyson.

It was considerably deeper off of 3 guys who were all well past it.

So this guy is saying wlad k has the best right cross of all time. Hits way harder than Lennox. And got stopped by a retired golfer.

I don’t even have to make shit up to shoot this nonsense down. Wladimir Klitschko was a very good heavyweight. He wouldn’t throw thunder at Lennox because when you get stopped by three people you were supposed to knock into press row, you’re gun shy.

So this guy is saying wlad k has the best right cross of all time. Hits way harder than Lennox. And got stopped by a retired golfer.

I don’t even have to make shit up to shoot this nonsense down. Wladimir Klitschko was a very good heavyweight. He wouldn’t throw thunder at Lennox because when you get stopped by three people you were supposed to knock into press row, you’re gun shy.

Are you retarded? The question was PEAK Wlad. Not the Wlad who punched himself out.

I won't say Wlad's right cross is the best of all time but his left jab to right cross 1-2 combo may have been. By the time the opponents head got back in place from the jab that right would be there punishing them usually to a KO/TKO result

Are you retarded? The question was PEAK Wlad. Not the Wlad who punched himself out.
What was peak wlad though? It's also peak Lewis vs peak wlad. You're entitled to your opinion but you're shitting on Lewis is pretty biased.

Wlad would murder plodding Tyson.

It was considerably deeper off of 3 guys who were all well past it.

Yeah, the strength of the era was entirely reliant on old Foreman and post-prison Tyson. Do you actually think Wlad's era is any way comparable to the 90s era?

Back