Pennsylvania Police Officer, Brian Shaw, Shot and Killed During Traffic Stop

I hold a high standard for those who wield violence against those civil servants who are placed in authority to serve and protect the citizenry by the state.
You have a higher standard for the exercise of violence by the citizenry than that for the agents of state? I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree here.

You have a higher standard for the exercise of violence by the citizenry than that for the agents of state? I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree here.

I have a high standard for both. If we disagree on that, okay.

You gotta wonder if cops in general would be safer if they were super strict on the bad ones. Put them in jail or severely punish them for even minor things. It would go a long way to regain public trust.

I'm law abiding and usually cool with cops but I cringe and try to avoid the very young ones that obviously have no business being cops.

Another "look what a black guy did today" thread, disguised as an earnest question out of your sincere concern. How original...

Now let's watch the usual critters post post the usual crap.

This seems to be what you think. There is no mention in the OP of race at all. So, if a black person did anything bad it is "look what a black guy did today" to you, as if to YOU all that matters is race.
YOU are the one reducing someone to the color of their skin.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/18/us/pennsylvania-police-officer-killed/index.html

"Investigators have identified a suspect in the death of a western Pennsylvania police officer who was gunned down during a traffic stop.

Rahmael Sal Holt, 29, shot and killed officer Brian Shaw on Friday, police said.
'Consider Holt armed and dangerous,' the Pennsylvania State Police tweeted.

Brian Shaw had been a patrolman with New Kensington's police department for less than a year when he was killed Friday night, according to police Chief James Klein.

The traffic stop resulted in a foot chase before Shaw, 25, was shot, Klein said.
New Kensington is about 20 miles northeast of Pittsburgh."

>

"Shaw played for Slippery Rock University's football team, according to the school athletic department's Twitter page.

'Words can't describe how I feel,' head football coach Shawn Lutz told KDKA.

'He was part of our 2011 and 2013 championship teams.'

Shaw was the team's kicker, Lutz said. The university is about an hour's drive north of Pittsburgh.

'He said he wanted to be a police officer, he was a hard working guy, such a positive young man,' Lutz said of his former player.'Every time I think about Brian, I think of such a positive guy who would be successful at anything he did.'"

Another sad case, recently, where a police officer doing his job, gets killed.

I think it's important to get to the bottom of violence against police officers in the US. Are there systemic problems that are creating a culture of violence against law enforcement? In my opinion there clearly is. Another young, profitable life taken from us far too soon. May God bless and help his family and the colleagues he was taken from.
What are you trying to accomplish by posting this story?

I mean do you constantly peruse police blotters looking for certain types of cases to show to the people on this site? It certainly looks that way.

And you really are just innocently posing a topic, right?

You have all the aplomb of a typical right wing racist. You mention systemic problems yet you identify none of them. Zero. Zilch. So we readers must fill in the blanks of your lazy, uniformed opinions. Don't think I'll do that.

I pull anchor as soon as I identify the cowardly racist.

This seems to be what you think. There is no mention in the OP of race at all. So, if a black person did anything bad it is "look what a black guy did today" to you, as if to YOU all that matters is race.
Read the defendant's name Einstein. Rahmael Sal Holt

Why that name sounds like a terrorist name.

<{you!}>

Reverse virtue signaling is always fun.

What are you trying to accomplish by posting this story?

I mean do you constantly peruse police blotters looking for certain types of cases to show to the people on this site? It certainly looks that way.

And you really are just innocently posing a topic, right?

You have all the aplomb of a typical right wing racist. You mention systemic problems yet you identify none of them. Zero. Zilch. So we readers must fill in the blanks of your lazy, uniformed opinions. Don't think I'll do that.

I pull anchor as soon as I identify the cowardly racist.

Did you think it's good that there is increasing violence against police officers? I sure don't. And I think there are systemic reasons for it that need to be addressed.

Regarding your unfounded racism accusations, why don't you stop with that. Or maybe examine your own heart.

Another "look what a black guy did today" thread, disguised as an earnest question out of your sincere concern. How original...

Now let's watch the usual critters post post the usual crap.
How are you a moderator?

I would think that for anyone considering a career as a cop, being shot while engaged in a foot chase with a criminal would have struck them as a reasonable scenario.

This is not like, for example, a cop being shot through their driver's side window while eating a burger. That type of straight up execution simply isn't supposed to happen to law enforcement.

Stories like this one strike me the way stories about firemen killed in burning buildings do. They are human tragedies. And I appreciate that there are men and women willing to fill these societal roles. But, in all honesty, I am not outraged over it.

EXACTLY. Nobody of a reasonable and civilized mind wants police officers to be harmed. But to clutch your pearls and act shocked and appalled when it happens is super disingenuous; Just like a soldier or a firefighter, they signed up voluntarily. The conservative media likes to seize upon these stories as a means of demonizing protesters. This allows them to conflate protests against police brutality with "anti police rhetoric" . The reality is, what endangers police officers' lives, are violent, psychopathic cops like the retard in AZ who essentially executed a man in a hotel hallway. Just like drone strikes on innocent civilians actually work to undermine the national security of the US by turning more people against us.

How come you didn't reply to the post I mentioned you in, regarding MicroBrew's thread with "white" cop and "black" man, race-baiting, right in the title?

Also, I noticed someone removed the post you liked flaming me hard, calling me a "Sack of shit" in the Russian mega-thread:

SBJJ quoted it on page 15 of that thread:

Hit-N-Run said:
"You are a sack of dog shit. You and the ilk like you. Spreading lies and deceit. You are the enemy of our country, wanting to tear down the institutions to protect your corrupt and evil leader.

You are a traitor, if you are even from this country."

@SBJJ can concur, I'm sure.

So you can get down from your high-horse any time now.
smashT

Will wait for the rest of the story to come out before blindly accepting the police version

I think it's important to get to the bottom of violence against police officers in the US. Are there systemic problems that are creating a culture of violence against law enforcement? In my opinion there clearly is. Another young, profitable life taken from us far too soon. May God bless and help his family and the colleagues he was taken from.

You want to know why people want to kill cops?

Don't want to be judged as a collective? Don't wear the uniform.

Walter Scott’s murderer got 20 years. The hotel one we can only hope the City gets bankrupted in civil court. Poor tactics shouldn’t justify deadly force.

Fucking shocking that people who identify as wanting limited gov't actually try to make that argument.

Walter Scott’s murderer got 20 years. The hotel one we can only hope the City gets bankrupted in civil court. Poor tactics shouldn’t justify deadly force.

There's thousands others. For every Walter Scott that goes to prison we have a hundred more like the Daniel Shaver shootr, and a thousand more that don't even get fired.

That one looked terrible. I'd still like to know what the situation was because there wasn't anything given there. If it's as clear as it looks, then I am all for the book being thrown at that officer.

That one looked bad too and if it's as clear as it looks then the book should be thrown at the officer who shot and anyone else involved.

I honestly don't have the time to watch that one fully.

So for the first two videos, if it's as clear as it looks, murder charges for the shooting officers and serious charges for the others involved.

I'm not going to use emotion to arrive at the conclusion you just did.

There has to be law and order, period. There's no excuse for an all-out war on the police force.

But I do agree that police murder and brutality does need to be investigated fully.

Again, as I said in an earlier post, there's been 120 police officer deaths I 2017 as a result of being in the line of duty.

How many brutal murders between civilians have occured in Chicago alone this year? 2016 had 762 which was a record. This year has more I believe. There are no body cams for most of those. Many are horrific and senseless too.

The fact is cops are putting themselves in harm's way constantly. If you are calling for an us against them mentality a) you're looking at specific examples and not all of the examples (including the cops who've been murdered) b) I think you're on the wrong side.

That one looked terrible. I'd still like to know what the situation was because there wasn't anything given there. If it's as clear as it looks, then I am all for the book being thrown at that officer.

That one looked bad too and if it's as clear as it looks then the book should be thrown at the officer who shot and anyone else involved.

Terrible is exactly right friend. What else would you need to know tough? Whatever that guy's crime was, up to and including rape and murder; its not the LEOs job to dispense an execution. Yet that's exactly what that was.

BTW, his crime? Waving a bb gun around in a hotel room, that some one saw from the outside.

Back