Pennsylvania Police Officer, Brian Shaw, Shot and Killed During Traffic Stop

There's thousands others. For every Walter Scott that goes to prison we have a hundred more like the Daniel Shaver shooter, and a thousand more that don't even get fired.

This sounds like an exageration.

Terrible is exactly right friend. What else would you need to know tough? Whatever that guy's crime was, up to and including rape and murder; its not the LEOs job to dispense an execution. Yet that's exactly what that was.

BTW, his crime? Waving a bb gun around in a hotel room, that some one saw from the outside.

Okay, seriously, that context does matter.

Obviously the cop was jacked up and should be charged.

But the guy put his hands behind his back at least once to the small of his back where the gun could have been. If it was seen from outside the hotel room that he had been waving a gun around, how was the cop to know that it was a bb gun? I mean it was very sad to watch, and yeah it should have been handled 100% differently. I'm putting this one on the cop for sure.

I think he's driving at cops having dangerous jobs and traffic stops being particularly dangerous, hence them being on guard with motorists

That was my take. How does someone get it being about blacks?

Its almost like we hold a higher standard for and interest in people who wield violence backed by the authority of the state.

THis is something to be aware of but what they have to deal with needs to be understood also.

That said 962 times. Not thousands. I just said that there were 120 cops that died in 2017 already related to the job.

That's not even a 10 to 1 ratio AND by far and away the majority aren't as cut and dry as the ones in your videos. Further to this, there are police officer murders that are straight up assassinations where that was the intent from the outset (like the cops in Dallas and the ambush I just posted).

Okay, seriously, that context does matter.

Obviously the cop was jacked up and should be charged.

But the guy put his hands behind his back at least once to the small of his back where the gun could have been. If it was seen from outside the hotel room that he had been waving a gun around, how was the cop to know that it was a bb gun? I mean it was very sad to watch, and yeah it should have been handled 100% differently. I'm putting this one on the cop for sure.

It couldn't have been though. They had him prone. The imprint of a gun in silk basketball shorts would stick out like a boner in a speedo. The guy was begging and sobbing for his life, right before he had to pull up his shorts because the psycho was giving him stupid commands.

On top of everything else, the cop was being a condescending cunt the entire encounter.... Should be a clue he wasn't "afraid for his life."

That said 962 times. Not thousands. I just said that there were 120 cops that died in 2017 already related to the job.

That's not even a 10 to 1 ratio AND by far and away the majority aren't as cut and dry as the ones in your videos. Further to this, there are police officer murders that are straight up assassinations where that was the intent from the outset (like the cops in Dallas and the ambush I just posted).

That was in a single year, friend.

I would think that for anyone considering a career as a cop, being shot while engaged in a foot chase with a criminal would have struck them as a reasonable scenario.

This is not like, for example, a cop being shot through their driver's side window while eating a burger. That type of straight up execution simply isn't supposed to happen to law enforcement.

Stories like this one strike me the way stories about firemen killed in burning buildings do. They are human tragedies. And I appreciate that there are men and women willing to fill these societal roles. But, in all honesty, I am not outraged over it.

If someone lost their dad in either scenario the pain and lost would still be there. Its a outrage, good man lost for what reason.

It couldn't have been though. They had him prone. The imprint of a gun in silk basketball shorts would stick out like a boner in a speedo. The guy was begging and sobbing for his life, right before he had to pull up his shorts because the psycho was giving him stupid commands.

On top of everything else, the cop was being a condescending cunt the entire encounter.... Should be a clue he wasn't "afraid for his life."

I'm not going defend that murder. It's just if there are different classes of murder based on emotional involvement (2nd degree murder in the case of a spouse finding that the other was cheating or walking in on it for example), then technically there might be a reduction for that. But okay, that was murder.

That was in a single year, friend.

I posted the 120 cops for 2017 which is a single year also. There's 330 milion people in the US. There's been a 1000 homicides in Chicago this year.

I posted the 120 cops for 2017 which is a single year also. There's 330 milion people in the US. There's been a 1000 homicides in Chicago this year.

We're not talking about total homcides. We were talking about people killed by police. Most of the "justified" ones are for unarmed people, or for resisting, and running for nonviolent crimes. That number is close to a thousand every year.

We're not talking about total homcides. We were talking about people killed by police. Most of the "justified" ones are for unarmed people, or for resisting, and running for nonviolent crimes. That number is close to a thousand every year.

Well my point was take emotion out of the conversation as focusing on one or a few brutal, obvious murders isn't representative of all of the crime going on in one of the largest country populations on earth.

Also, I can see that police overstep and violence/brutality against civilians should always be guarded against. Similarly I think the growing violence against cops should also be looked at as a problem affecting all of us.

And, unfortunately, I think it's going to come down to more cops being employed with more training and support. More tax burden to citizens, but so be it.

In the end, sure, I'm down for introspection and extra analyses of practices, mentalities and procedures.

I really think it's time for communities to start policing themselves.

And in these really bad cases of police corruption. Guys need to go away for life

That said. People should try to put themselves in the shoes of the police. We can't even talk in this forum without acting like assholes with each other. Shit is not an easy job dealing with the worst of society constantly.

Imagine having to deal with guys like Rational Poster day in and day out

Well my point was take emotion out of the conversation as focusing on one or a few brutal, obvious murders isn't representative of all of the crime going on in one of the largest country populations on earth.

Alright, taking the executions and murders out of the equation, You still have "peace officers" dressing up like they're going to war, then acting like it. You still have civil asset forfeiture that steals more money from people than thieves do, and you still have 40,000 no-knock raids every year, most of which are for non-violent crimes. Then we still have federal agencies stocking up on billions of JHP rounds that are never to be used in international conflict.

That enough? It's actually probably too much. Enter cognitive dissonance.

Alright, taking the executions and murders out of the equation, You still have "peace officers" dressing up like they're going to war, then acting like it. You still have civil asset forfeiture that steals more money from people than thieves do, and you still have 40,000 no-knock raids every year, most of which are for non-violent crimes. Then we still have federal agencies stocking up on billions of JHP rounds that are never to be used in international conflict.

That enough? It's actually probably too much. Enter cognitive dissonance.

Thanks for the articles. I promise I'll read them. Got about a third of the way through the first one and saw it was quite long, more than I have time to commit to in concenration right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back