Pettis chances of beating WB have to be in the 0.X % range

Pettis just beat Chiesa, a now WW, and had a war with Ferguson, who also could be a WW. I think the size difference won't be that bad for Pettis.

Hell, he's at least got a foe who's going to strike with him

Pettis is a huge disappointment. How far down has this dude drop down is amazing.

Can we stop calling him Wonderboy for goodness sake? He's 36 years old.

As for the fight, Thompson gets cracked in nearly every fight. Woodley x2, Brown, Till, Ellenberger all dropped/rocked him at least once. Pettis offensive wrestling is ok, he definitely had the grappling advantage, & Rufus is in his corner who has studied Thompson more than anyone in mma. The size discrepancy is overrated. Thompson has stated he walks around between 185-190, Pettis came into fight week at 182. Low kicks could a big ingredient here for Pettis. Thompson is super heavy on his lead leg & Pettis throws very quick kicks.

Thompson should obviously be favored, but Pettis is absolutely live here. Moving up in weight has changed/re-birthed many careers over the last 5 years so who knows what Pettis will even look like.

A lot of people thought the same thing when Kelvin was forced up to middleweight.

Maybe with Pettis the weight cut has been draining him & we'll see a different fighter who gives the ever cautious Wonderboy problems standing & if he can drag Thompson to the floor he can certainly sub him. The odds are still in favour of Wonderboy but to see Pettis has a less than 1% chance of winning is ridiculous considering he's a former champion (admittedly at a lower weight) & the many factors in play during an MMA fight.

In fact the more I think about it the more I think Pettis pulls off a hell of an upset on Saturday night.

What does Pettis becoming a champ years ago time have to do with this?

Wonderboy had 2 close fights against Woodley. That's a bigger accomplishment than beating Ben Henderson. Pettis wouldn't have even made it past the first round against Woodley.

Pettis currently has 7 losses in his past 9 fights.

His chances of winning this are slim.

Wonderboy won the 2nd Woodley fight actually.

Usually speaking it does

Rumble
Anthony smith
D.c
Mcgregor
Etc

McG is not a good example for your point: he did better before moving up in weight. I don't think there's a hard and fast rule. Rory MacDonald failed massively in his attempt to move up. B.J. Penn had mixed success at WW while he was unbeatable at LW. Robbie Lawler and Robert Whitaker improved a lot by going down in weight. Certainly many people do better in a given weight class, but I don't think the direction is universal.

Pettis with highreel KO tomorrow will be a huge comeback and resurgence, just look at Jorge.

Finally we get to see some kick WB in the head

Hell no. The odds are terrible. Bet 1000 to win 200. You have to be a total retard to bet on those odds

I don't think you quite grasp this thing you're discussing.

Please re-read your thread title, and your last comment.

Enlighten me then, retard

If it’s 0.9% chance for him to lose, 5-1 should be great odds... you don’t math very well

Ok. You claimed the chances of Pettis are in the 0.X % range. This means you assume his chances are smaller than 1%.
For simplicity let`s assume his chances are 1%. By this assumption Wonderboy`s chances are 99%.

So if you bet 1000$ to win 200$ your expected value is 99% * 200$ - 1% * 1000$= 188$.

As you made a point that you are not the brightest mind I will try to make this understandable for you:

Let`s say they fought 100 times: Then WB would win 99 times by your assumption and Pettis 1 time.

So if you placed the same bet for every fight

- you would win 99 times 200$ = 19800$.

- you would lose 1 time 1000$ = 1000$.

So after 100 fights you would have won 19800$ - 1000$ = 18800$.

(100 times the expected value of 188$ we calculated above)

If you are not betting if you are convinced your assumptions are correct you are an idiot.
The Posters who stated you do not craps the thing you are discussing and that you don`t do math very well were completely right.
To insult others and being wrong yourself makes you look very weak.

Now you are hopefully "enlightened" ;) Have a nice evening bro :)

Last edited:
Wouldnt surprise le if they start making out and getting sexual after a few mins.
Those guys are way to handsome to be fighting each other.
No homo just honest.

Whoever thought this match up was a good idea had to be smoking crack. The odds don't even do it justice. McGregor had a higher chance of beating Mayweather than Pettis does in this fight. It's so uneven that I'm not even interested in watching. Also why would WB be interested in this fight. It does absolutely nothing for him.

It's similar to Mikey Garcia fighting Errol Spence in boxing.

Silly fight Imo.

Wouldnt surprise le if they start making out and getting sexual after a few mins.
Those guys are way to handsome to be fighting each other.
No homo just honest.

Well they probably won`t hit the floor toghether as they are both stand up fighters so the chances for this to happen are slim but never say never
giphy.gif

Whoever thought this match up was a good idea had to be smoking crack. The odds don't even do it justice. McGregor had a higher chance of beating Mayweather than Pettis does in this fight. It's so uneven that I'm not even interested in watching. Also why would WB be interested in this fight. It does absolutely nothing for him.
Lol, Pettis is a creative and dynamic striker when he's not under heavy pressure and has room to work ( which WB will give him) plus the ability to pull out a quick sub if he drops you or you drop him and chase him to the ground.

I expect WB to win because he is a much bigger dynamic striker himself but Pettis is certainly a live dog here.

You sound poor as fuck. 200$ are not even worth it to put a thousand on it. That's peanuts. If you gamble on odds like that then you are a bad gambler. I got enough money in my bank account so that I don't need to gamble. i'm set.

I'll bet my house Dana and Mayweather got more money than you, they are really set, and they gamble.

When there's money involved, there's almost always a better analysis.

its nowhere near that low

hes closed at +260 odds

honestly its gonna be mostly a boring fight where not a whole lot happens and Anthony could easily have a moment or two

Pettis got STOPPED by Tony, Porier, Max Holloway.
Beaten soundly by Edson...

Pettis doesn't have the cardio or the heart.

LOL. Among all the stupid things you read on Sherdog, "Pettis doesn't has the heart" has to be among the top contenders.

Losing to Ferguson, Poirier and Holloway would happen to 99% of pro LW fighters. Actually you need to have heart just to fight them.

Pettis has a 20-30% chance of defeating WB and I wouldnt be surprised if he fluked out. Yall mussa forgot Showtime is a dangerous crafty son of a gun when hes at the top of his game. Skills were never an issue though his focus on improving wrestling hindered more than helped imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back