News Phil Baroni arrested for murdering his girlfriend in Mexico (Facing 30-50 yr)

WTF
giphy.gif

Never understood the way that American bareknuckle boxing matches were officiated.

The first knock down garnered a warning; not a count.

I watched a few BKFC bouts with knockdowns that didn't start until the referee corralled the standing fighter to the neutral "corner" then was able to return to the downed fighter and look him directly in the eye before initiating the count.

I believe that I saw one fighter lose via TKO due to an illegal eye poke that the ref acknowledged at the time.

Side note: why does Leben always look perma-flushed?

Never understood the way that American bareknuckle boxing matches were officiated.

The first knock down garnered a warning; not a count.

I watched a few BKFC bouts with knockdowns that didn't start until the referee corralled the standing fighter to the neutral "corner" then was able to return to the downed fighter and look him directly in the eye before initiating the count.

I believe that I saw one fighter lose via TKO due to an illegal eye poke that the ref acknowledged at the time.

Side note: why does Leben always look perma-flushed?

Yeah BKFC is a joke really.

Houston Alexander won this fight by KO, but clearly cracked the dudes chin on the ground MMA style.

giphy.gif

Yet a week before Melvin Guillard was DQ'd for hitting his opponent on the ground.

He did beat Menne and Suloyev.

Also destroyed Chonan, unlike Anderson.
Yeah because of all of the fucking Roids. He could go crazy for a minute or two, but that was it. Anyone could do that taking the shit that he was on. The guy was a garbage mixed martial artists and a worse person.

You can't find decent win that lasted more than a minute or two. It was pathetic watching the guy fight.

Now that the story has been written about in U.S. publications, I feel as though I can comment. (Not that we didn’t already know, with the pics, tattoo comparisons, and general info about the man’s place of origin.)

Firstly, RIP to the victim, Paola, for she had her life taken from her in a brutal way. Like most people, she was loved.

Secondly, whatever happened between them — the allegations made in the various articles I have read — is almost immaterial. You don’t hurt someone when there are issues. I get that culpability, or diminished responsibility, are going to come into play, especially since Phil flagged down the police, but what he did was horrible. I’m not sure I believe the shower story, either.

Baroni will always be part of MMA history. The MMA fans before TUF, but not O.G. UFC 1 level, know what he meant for a brief period of time. Menne-Baroni was mandatory viewing for awhile. Also, I thought he had some fun fights in PRIDE — a gassed up brawler/wrestler with cardio issues and one of the most popular teams in MMA behind him. It was fun.

I would say ‘07 was about when things ended. Baroni became a name to beat, and nobody really saw things improving, imo. He had one last big fight (against Shamrock) but has been living off the memories of his early UFC run for some time now.

Clearly, Baroni has been in a downward spiral for some time. His story was becoming that of The Wrestler, for he was a washed fighter who could never find his own space in life, never could get out of the past and move toward a better future. Phil was the NYBA, and nothing seemed to change over the decades. When he started bare knuckle a couple years ago, and was getting prime placement, I thought, ‘this isn’t right’. He couldn’t take someone ten years prior, yet he’s going to get into the ring and fist-fight another fighter. It was brutal.

In recent days, the story of The Wrestler is what Baroni should’ve shot for, because he is now in a lot of trouble for killing a woman, possibly in a brutal way. I always thought he was a douchebag…this is a low I never thought we’d see. And Justice can never bring Paola back, no matter what happens, so I suspect the rest of Baroni’s story will be dark, and he’ll never be able to come out under this, which is what should happen.

This is sad, man. I met Phil many times through a mutual close friend in the early 2000s.

You on mobile? The ads on there are horrible, they highjack your phone.

Seriously, the ads at the bottom and top simultaneously, with their tiny little X's, can get fucked.
I'm making a post and the bottom add pops up and deletes everything i typed. Or redirects me cause i click on it not meaning to and yes im on mobile. :mad:

Baroni turns into a panic wrestler literally the second the match begins.

Man why did this thread need merged? it was much more light hearted and fun than the official thread. The mods need to slow down on making these mega threads and merging them all then they are addressing different topics or just a more zany thread. We need fun here, not well regulated official threads. It takes the fun out of it for the common man...the common SUPERMAN....elbow

This is sad, man. I met Phil many times through a mutual close friend in the early 2000s.

And how was that experience? What was he like the times you've met him?

Phil is from my neighborhood. I always liked the Best Eva, so this is pretty disturbing news.

He posted pictures on Instagram a while ago where he was holding a gun to his head. I had a bad feeling after seeing those.

His chin in the boxing match against Leben was possibly the most shot chin I've ever seen on a fighter. Poor guy has taken some serious damage.

I use to be a huge Phil fan my first user name on here was NYBA4life ..we saw this coming last few years ..fuck Phil i hope he rots in Mexico prison for life now

Phil is from my neighborhood. I always liked the Best Eva, so this is pretty disturbing news.

He posted pictures on Instagram a while ago where he was holding a gun to his head. I had a bad feeling after seeing those.

His chin in the boxing match against Leben was possibly the most shot chin I've ever seen on a fighter. Poor guy has taken some serious damage.
I think the drinking and partying was more of a problem then the damage from mma in my opinion

Not sure if posted already but came across this post while reading through the UG...it's from an Instagram account....

derekpanza
The news of @baroni_nyba brutally murdering his girlfriend has me beyond disturbed. This animal has been threatening me for the past year all over my social media … of course the coward he is completely cowered to me when I confronted him in the middle of @bevsgym over his repeated threats … plenty of witnesses…. He’s a disgusting animal and the past ten or so promoters that worked with Phil should be ashamed. Two seconds with Phil and you can obviously see he has CTE, a drug problem, and combined with his bad character and violent nature … it was a perfect storm for destruction. For those that don’t know the full story Phil Baroni ran to Mexico to avoid arrest in NY for warrants regarding assaulting an ex girlfriend and threatening to kill his neighbors…. Now he brutally murdered what was his current girlfriend in Mexico. @danawhite once said Phil Baroni was the only fighter that ever threatened his life … they deserve each other…

Back