Physical media fans: Name a movie series or TV series and I'll say if I own the complete collection

Burgundy focused on a female dominant, just over another female in a world were it seems men don't exist.
I didn't say none of those focus on Female Dominants or male submissives; I said none of those focus on Female Dominants and male submissives.

If you're curious to compare, this is my collection. Though I doubt if there's a lot of common ground since my collection is predominantly made up of genre films.
https://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=660390&action=hybrid
Of the stuff on that list, I have Alien, Aliens, The Amazing Spider-Man, The Avengers (2012), Banshee, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, The Bride of Frankenstein, The Cabin in the Woods, Captain America: The First Avenger, Death Proof, Deep Blue Sea, Don't Look Now, Dredd, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Frankenstein (1931), From Dusk Till Dawn, The Ghost of Frankenstein, House of Frankenstein, Jaws, The Night Stalker, The Night Strangler (and Kolchak: The Night Stalker), Once Upon a Time... In Hollywood, RoboCop (1987), The Shining (1980), Son of Frankenstein, The Thing (1982), Thor, Watchmen, The Wicker Man (1973), and World War Z. Of course, that only scratches the surface.

Of the stuff on that list, I have Alien, Aliens, The Amazing Spider-Man, The Avengers (2012), Banshee, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, The Bride of Frankenstein, The Cabin in the Woods, Captain America: The First Avenger, Death Proof, Deep Blue Sea, Don't Look Now, Dredd, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Frankenstein (1931), From Dusk Till Dawn, The Ghost of Frankenstein, House of Frankenstein, Jaws, The Night Stalker, The Night Strangler (and Kolchak: The Night Stalker), Once Upon a Time... In Hollywood, RoboCop (1987), The Shining (1980), Son of Frankenstein, The Thing (1982), Thor, Watchmen, The Wicker Man (1973), and World War Z. Of course, that only scratches the surface.

OK, that's cool. That's more than I expected to have in common. We'd probably have quite a few more if I hadn't given the vast majority of my DVD collection to my daughter when I made the move from Buffalo to Arizona. I had several hundred but I was focusing on upgrading my collection to Blu-ray & 4K UHD. So, rather than transport my DVD collection with me I kept about fifty or so favorites & gave the rest to my daughter.

@FemdomFilmFan, how long have you been collecting physical media?

Which formats do you predominantly collect these days? DVD or Blu-ray? Have you gotten into 4K UHD stuff yet?

What do you watch your collection on?

I actually began collecting VHS as a kid but didn't have all that large of a collection of pre-recorded tapes before the advent of the DVD revolution. I was an early adopter of that format & I bought my first player & pile of movies back in 1995. And I've been collecting ever since.

Then I bought my first Blu-ray player in 2010 & then my first 4K UHD Blu-ray player about three years ago. Consequently, I buy every film that I want in 4K if it's available & if not, then I'll get the Blu. These days, the only time that I'll buy a DVD of a film is if it's only available in that format & it's unlikely that there will be a Blu-ray upgrade available anytime soon.

As for what I watch my movies on, I've got a 65" LG OLED in the bedroom along with an LG 4K UHD Blu-ray player.
And in the living room, I've got an 82" LG 4K UHD TV along with the latest LG 4K UHD Blu-ray player that's equipped with Dolby Vision & Dolby Atmos sound.

@FemdomFilmFan, how long have you been collecting physical media?
Since the first Covid lockdown in Ireland began back in March last year.

Which formats do you predominantly collect these days? DVD or Blu-ray?
Both. Blu-ray when I have a choice.

Have you gotten into 4K UHD stuff yet?
Don't yet have a 4K TV.

What do you watch your collection on?
Mostly my laptop. The closer I can sit to the screen, the more detail I can make out. I have an external Blu-ray drive hooked up to it.

the only time that I'll buy a DVD of a film is if it's only available in that format & it's unlikely that there will be a Blu-ray upgrade available anytime soon.
The only time I'll buy a film on DVD is when there's a certain scene in the film I like to fap to. Then I'll upgrade just that scene using Topaz Video Enhance AI.

As for what I watch my movies on, I've got a 65" LG OLED in the bedroom along with an LG 4K UHD Blu-ray player.
And in the living room, I've got an 82" LG 4K UHD TV along with the latest LG 4K UHD Blu-ray player that's equipped with Dolby Vision & Dolby Atmos sound.
Both of those sound like heaven compared to my 50" Full HD.

Back