Planned Parenthood Still Achieving Its Goals: Tweet Encourages Black Women To Abort Their Children

they prevent an unwanted pregnancy, which is what we were talking about. and yeah, std's are a problem, but not so much for your average teen where the sexual circle is pretty much closed off to populations that have a lot of STD's, especially the serious ones. So, making condoms readily available, and freaking guys out about STD's to use condoms, at least with skanks if not with their girlfriends, is important. And most STD's are treatable, and are not going to cause you long term damage. This isn't the 1930's era of medicine that Al Capone faced.
I've heard the std outbreaks are pretty bad in the inner cities.

If you just care about pregnancy, you're right. But I care about a lot more than that.

teachman

Good God. Learn to read, and provide something to this discussion other than you ignorance.

Try to decipher Rip's puzzle like construction of words here. Give yourself an hour or so, let it sink in

"Christians are concerned with a person's heart and we don't want to give our teens unhealthy pills and condoms so they can have sex."

Still didn't answer my question

Still didn't answer my question

What, your question of "How is abstinence not a good practice?"

Obviously not doing a behavior precludes you from the consequences of said behavior, but it is simply not reasonable to expect teenagers to simply not have sex because of Jesus. And when you couple this with a disdain for birth control and condoms, you get more abortions and teen pregnancies, which is something a group like Planned Parenthood helps alleviate.

You are swinging at a tee absent a ball for some reason.

What, your question of "How is abstinence not a good practice?"

Obviously not doing a behavior precludes you from the consequences of said behavior, but it is simply not reasonable to expect teenagers to simply not have sex because of Jesus. And when you couple this with a disdain for birth control and condoms, you get more abortions and teen pregnancies, which is something a group like Planned Parenthood helps alleviate.

You are swinging at a tee absent a ball for some reason.

So you admit you were wrong about abstinence being bad? Thats great news

Divorce is one statistic that goes bad the more sex partners you have before you're married.

And suicide rate goes higher for those who marry at a younger age.

Now let's not embarrass ourselves with more correlation arguments.

Clearly written is a bit of a stretch. You literally flip flopped on abstinence.

My position, which I articulated clearly, over and over, seems too complicated for you to comprehend. So I will do it again.

Abstinence is a surefire way to not get any sexually transmitted diseases or pregnancies. However, kids do not often abstain, given what humans know about human nature. Abstinence only education leads to ignorance and bad outcomes regarding diseases, and unwanted pregnancies when those who abstained do end up having sex. When this abstinence only education is coupled with a disdain for prophylactics, it leads to worsening outcomes.

It is not complicated, you just have trouble with comprehension. Admitting the problem is the first step to amending it.

Back