• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Police Officer gives brutal slam to suspect for spitting at him, Brutal slam included

"He used a martial arts takedown that could have killed Bernard Kersh," Stroth said. "He is lucky to be alive."
About the only mistake I see from that officer. Should have used more force and crushed his skull permanently. This guy is literally a waste of oxygen.

That cop should be charged, he purposefully directed his head into the curb to street transition to inflict maximum damage. Spitting on someone is disgusting and a sure fire way to get into a fight, but the punishment has to fit the crime.
Disgusting? lol. It can spread infectious diseases and in the worst cases, lead to death. Anyone who spits in the eyes or mouth of another person literally has forfeited their right to keep living IMHO. 'Disgusting' doesn't scratch the surface of how bad spitting is.

Cop has definently seen Ortiz - Tanner and Shamrock - Zinoviev

Some (probably) schizophrenic or mentally ill person goes of the rails...

Good cop - try's to put the guy in handcuffs or subdue him.

Bad cop - Picks him up by the waist, lifts him up in the air and slams his head into the gutter, likely killing him.

Seriously, how the hell are people defending this? The cop had him subdued already with his hands around his waist.

Thank god everyone has cell phones with cameras these days so we can document this kind of shit.
The bodyslammer should go to jail for letting his feelings get in the way of being a professional.

Last edited:
Honestly the only strong opinion I have on this comes from seeing ol' Jesse there to do his job. I wonder if him, Sharpton, and Crump draw straws each time something happens to a black person?

No. Why did you only quote the first half of my post?
You think, "That said, jesus that body slam is some hard core Final Fight shit
giphy.gif
" adds meaning of some kind that changes the post if it's left out? The question is still the same. Should police react just like civilians when deliberately provoked?

yeah, good for you. Bootlicker is one of the most pathetic insults of all the retarded copblock twats.
So, I'm curious if you disagree with this assertion,
Retaliation should never* be the objective of police use of force. So, while this was plainly really far over the line, far less would be as well IMO.

*inb4 the exception that proves the rule.
I have been spit on many times. Many times. The worst that I ever saw was my first Super Bowl Sunday night. A guy beat up his gf and we arrested him. He then kicked out our window and we extracted him from the vehicle. From the glass, he had cuts on his face. I had cuts as well. We took him to the hospital where he proceeded to bite his lip and got a mouthful of blood. He then spit in an officers face. I will say that he did not need to bite his lip to get blood after that.

another incident, a crackwhore who had just stabbed someone, was in custody. She also had a bloody lip from her fight with the victim. She spit a bloody hocker right into an officer’s eye. She was hiv and hep c positive. Luckily, he was fine. But this is always the risk of someone spitting in your face.

I was surprised that I did not lose my shit when it happened to me. Ok, not really because I am pretty chill, but the person was taken down and arrested and charged with battery on an officer. It was the second offense for one guy(which is a felony), who could have faced life in prison. I actually told the prosecutor that I did not want that. He still got about five years, but that was with the other charges, which were felonies as well. But if you spit in someone’s face, you should expect to get your ass kicked. Or with a cop, you should not be expected to be treated gently. I am always. And I mean always professional, but I would rather be punched than spit on.
The "another incident, a crackwhore who.... was hiv and hep c positive" might be the exception that proves the rule, perhaps, if only for the immediate reaction a person must have in that situation. I didn't watch the video, but it seems there's nothing like that in this instance. Isn't the best revenge seeing the person go to prison?

@Darkballs @A.C. what's your take? Merely excessive or not even close to acceptable?

I may be wrong but spitting on anyone is generally charged as an assault. That being said, I understand why he did it, but there was a much better way of subduing the suspect.

Under Illinois law it’s a battery. I agree with the rest of your post though.

giphy.gif
" adds meaning of some kind that changes the post if it's left out? The question is still the same. Should police react just like civilians when deliberately provoked?

The "another incident, a crackwhore who.... was hiv and hep c positive" might be the exception that proves the rule, perhaps, if only for the immediate reaction a person must have in that situation. I didn't watch the video, but it seems there's nothing like that in this instance. Isn't the best revenge seeing the person go to prison?

@Darkballs @A.C. what's your take? Merely excessive or not even close to acceptable?
The second half of the post indicates the reaction was inappropriate, so yes, it does add meaning. And the meaning is, police officers should not behave that way.

Look at it this way.

You didn't answer my question. I asked you why you left that part of my post out, and you didn't tell me why. But we both know why you left it out. You left it out because it answers the question you wanted to ask. Which means you're moody and just looking for conflict because you don't think I'm angry enough about what the cop did.

The second half of the post indicates the reaction was inappropriate, so yes, it does add meaning.

Look at it this way.

You didn't answer my question. I asked you why you left that part of my post out, and you didn't tell me why. But we both know why you left it out. You left it out because it answers the question you wanted to ask. Which means you're moody and just looking for conflict because you don't think I'm angry enough about what the cop did.
No, I left it out because it's irrelevant and I said so. If you don't think a cop should "throw down" it doesn't matter how excessive his reaction was. Any reaction would be excessive.

No, I left it out because it's irrelevant and I said so. If you don't think a cop should "throw down" it doesn't matter how excessive his reaction was. Any reaction would be excessive.
Both things you've said are untrue.

The second part of my post indicated that his reaction was excessive and therefore inappropriate. That answers your prior question, that is, should a cop throw down when spit in the face. That makes it pretty relevant.

That does not indicate that any reaction is excessive. I don't know how you came up with that but you're completely in the wrong. By law he has to react in some way, because spitting on someone is assault.

Last edited:
Both parties were wrong. The slam wouldn't of been that bad if not on concrete. I honestly thought he'd killed him.

If you spit on someone, that is throwing down. Aside from it being assault for good reason, it's a remarkably indignant gesture, such that its meaning is understood in unison across all languages and cultures.

That said, jesus that body slam is some hard core Final Fight shit
giphy.gif

More cities in the United States need a Mayor like Mike Haggard who isn't afraid to bring the pain to the scumbags who reside in it.

if you spit on an armed person, i literally don't care what happens to you

sorry

More evidence that wrestling/Judo is the best martial art

More cities in the United States need a Mayor like Mike Haggard who isn't afraid to bring the pain to the scumbags who reside in it.
Still don't know what the hell those fuckers were thinking kidnapping his daughter. They had to have seen him.

giphy.gif

Are you asking if I think that retaliation for attack is warranted? My answer is no, but when someone attacks you, your adrenaline goes way the hell up and what you plan as a simple take down can have too much umph. I have used more force than I intended a few times. I never went over the line, but when that adrenaline gets pumping, you are stronger and may find lifting someone up is easier than you expected. I once tried to do what is called a straight arm bar take down. It is used when someone tries to pull away when being cuffed. You rotate their shoulder and step back, forcing their chest to the ground. It is not a high level of force at all, but one time a female pulled away from us while being cuffed. She went after my partner and I did a straight armbar takedown on her and she skipped across the grass like a stone in the water. She was completely unharmed, but I had a holy shit moment because she could have landed on the gravel next to where she did land. I dealt with her many times after that and she would actually ask for me. I was professional the whole time, even afterwards, while my partner was a bit of a dick.

Do I think doing this slam on purpose would be too much? Yes. But I seriously doubt that he intended to slam him like that. I think it was adrenaline and having someone spit on you.

Are you asking if I think that retaliation for attack is warranted? My answer is no, but when someone attacks you, your adrenaline goes way the hell up and what you plan as a simple take down can have too much umph. I have used more force than I intended a few times. I never went over the line, but when that adrenaline gets pumping, you are stronger and may find lifting someone up is easier than you expected. I once tried to do what is called a straight arm bar take down. It is used when someone tries to pull away when being cuffed. You rotate their shoulder and step back, forcing their chest to the ground. It is not a high level of force at all, but one time a female pulled away from us while being cuffed. She went after my partner and I did a straight armbar takedown on her and she skipped across the grass like a stone in the water. She was completely unharmed, but I had a holy shit moment because she could have landed on the gravel next to where she did land. I dealt with her many times after that and she would actually ask for me. I was professional the whole time, even afterwards, while my partner was a bit of a dick.

Do I think doing this slam on purpose would be too much? Yes. But I seriously doubt that he intended to slam him like that. I think it was adrenaline and having someone spit on you.
I wasn't asking if it was warranted. I was asking if it is even acceptable to retaliate. The job is to deescalate, not meet attack with attack, isn't it?

I wasn't asking if it was warranted. I was asking if it is even acceptable to retaliate. The job is to deescalate, not meet attack with attack, isn't it?

No, that is not the job. On what are you basing this assertion? When violence commences their job is to thwart and arrest the perpetrator by any means necessary. Please correct me if I'm wrong but in your response to both the prior poster and myself, you seem to be implying that he shouldn't have done anything when the guy spit on him. If that's what you're advocating, it's crazy.

Deescalation is for situations in which diplomacy is at risk of failing, not for situations in which it has already failed.

Back