POLL: Does Volk deserve an immediate rematch?

Does Volk deserve an immediate rematch?

• Total voters
Going to have to agree. This was not a "questionable" stoppage, Volk got put to sleep in the second round. Two back-to-back KO losses. If I'm Volk I'm taking a year off. Let Illia defend against someone in the meanwhile.

let him go ahead and get ko'd again. I'm fine with it

Nah, we got a clear winner here and I don't think an immediate rematch would be that much different tbh
Volk needs time off but he's already 35.. Tough spot

I remember a time when rematches were reserved for close fights. Those were the days

I love Volk, I bet on him. He won round 1.

But he doesn't deserve a rematch.

He got slept. It wasn't a close fight or a split decision. He went to sleep.

Congrats to Topuria.
Bisping made a great point. He's coming off 2 KO's in a row. It might not be in his best interest to rematch Ilia. He needs some time off.

Not close enough imo. He did defend like five times though. Usman and Izzy got a rematch, though they were winning their fight over the five rounds.

If he did get it I wouldn't really be that hyped. More interested in Ilia vs Evloev/Max

Don't know why he'd want one. Guys should move up when they lose a step.

He should fire his team if they let him rematch.

He needs to take time off and heal.

Agreed. Almost all cases when a champ gets brutally KO'd they almost never fight the same and just get KO'd that much easier from future fighters. It's all downhill from here, but there are some exciting up and comers they can pair with Volk.

I'd say he deserves a match up for showing up last minute against Islam, but he gets stopped again by Top

Mods going to be working overtime tonight.

Lotta braindead thread starters.

I love Volk, I bet on him. He won round 1.

But he doesn't deserve a rematch.

He got slept. It wasn't a close fight or a split decision. He went to sleep.

Congrats to Topuria.
Every long time champ deserves a rematch. He came back toi fast after getting knocked out by islam

He probs deserves it on account of being a long standing champ.. whether that’s a smart move for him from a health pov.. who knows

Every long time champ deserves a rematch. He came back toi fast after getting knocked out by islam

I disagree. I think if its a close fight/split decision it makes sense.

Not if they get starched like that.

I agree. This was definitive.

Volk can get a rematch early 2025 after he gets a win by the end of 2024.

Volk needs a layup. He's 35 at a smaller weight class. He doesn't need to get his brains scrambled a third time in such a short timeframe.

They shouldn't interview people that just got KTFO.

He needs a long rest before any more fight talk... He's 1-3 in his last 4.

I disagree. I think if its a close fight/split decision it makes sense.

Not if they get starched like that.
I disagree, flukes do happen. Sometimes guys get caught. He was fighting too soon after the islam fight

Volk was looking good until he got knocked out because Ilia was allowing him to. He won the first round and was winning the 2nd round because Ilia had not shown that immense speed and power until he knocked Volk out. I have watched the slow motion and Ilia was a total monster in that moment. He simply was playing the patience game so no Volk is no match for Ilia.

Back