Media Pound 4 Pound with Kamaru & Henry, Ep. 5 (Guest: Dana White)

Do you agree?

• Total voters
GSP went into detail about the conversations he had with UFC about this fight. Like I said, he asked for certain demands and they declined. GSP stated it during one of those celeb boing fights where he was on the commentary booth. Not accepting the fight because he was afraid would be silly, GSP was afraid before every fight. Being afraid doesn't stop fighters from accepting fights.
The classic strategy of piling up "demands" to avoid a fight to take place.
It's obvious GSP wasnt interested on the Silva fight. Not necesarily because of fear. Simply it was too risky a fight, it wasnt worthy.
I dont blame him

How is it a lie when the issue was in large part due to bulking up? He wasn't fighting Khabib at 185 lbs. Danaher has spoken about it in detail. GSP had a terrible camp for Diaz, Hendricks and then the Bisping fight.

Dana has no issue giving Conor title shot after title shot and we all know Conor has never defended anything aside from Rape Accusations. He didn't even defend Cage Warriors titles.

Dana gifted Jon the vacant HW title against an easy match up with Cyril and he is letting him "Defend" against Stipe while there is a legitimate "Interim" title holder in Aspinall. Jon won't even agree he will defend that and in fact has publicly stated he is likely to retire. Stipe is more likely to defend against Tom if he win then Jon is yet the UFC and Dana have no problem with it.

Dana's whining about "Contractually Obligated" to defend applies to every UFC champion. They have to defend, vacate or be stripped. GSP could have held onto the UFC MW title for months or years and left the UFC, Whittaker and the MW division in limbo but he chose to let them move on without concern for clinging to the title like McGregor did.

It was clear GSP never intended on defending that shit.

Every single interview leading up to the Bisping fight people asked him if he was going to defend and he never said Yes I will defend it. He instead said it very politically "It is in my contract that I have to defend it!"

So GSP probably didn't want to lie about it, so he didn't. But that made it very clear to me that he was never going to defend it.

It was clear GSP never intended on defending that shit.

Every single interview leading up to the Bisping fight people asked him if he was going to defend and he never said Yes I will defend it. He instead said it very politically "It is in my contract that I have to defend it!"

So GSP probably didn't want to lie about it, so he didn't. But that made it very clear to me that he was never going to defend it.
Leading up to the fight like when he was having major stomach issues? The "Its in my contract" line was straight from Dana's mouth. Every champ is "Contractually Obligated" to defend. Its defend or vacate. Nobody has it in their contract where the UFC can chose a contender and he can show up and fight you whether you agree to or not. Maybe now with the UFC/WWE merger into TKO they will have "Money in the Bank" style clauses but that didn't exist back in 2017.

Its funny you are saying he never wanted to lie but he post I replied to stated he lied?

Leading up to the fight like when he was having major stomach issues? The "Its in my contract" line was straight from Dana's mouth. Every champ is "Contractually Obligated" to defend. Its defend or vacate. Nobody has it in their contract where the UFC can chose a contender and he can show up and fight you whether you agree to or not. Maybe now with the UFC/WWE merger into TKO they will have "Money in the Bank" style clauses but that didn't exist back in 2017.

Its funny you are saying he never wanted to lie but he post I replied to stated he lied?

I don't care about whatever post you were replying to.

What do you mean from Dana's mouth. I watched GSP give that response to several interviews. And when he did that instead of just saying "Yes I will defend" I already knew something was up. It was a political answer to give because he didn't want to lie because GSP is a man of honor.

Prime BJ Penn easily murders any version of Masvidal, and the fact that you don't know that is absolutely adorable.

You are acting like one those people that argue Michael Jordan can best Lebron lol.

Sigh the new generation. Is always superior to the old. In another 10 years, athletes will be even faster, stronger, and better skilled. Usman will look like shit compared to the WW champion 15 years from now.

Usman is basically an upgraded human compared to GSP, like comparing a iPhone 11 to an iPhone 12. You can call GSP goat based on defenses and legacy but it’s absurd to think he can match up to Usman skill for skill.

What do you mean from Dana's mouth.
I remember Dana spouting that line. Sounds to me like GSP was following the script Dana was saying. Dana tries to bully GSP like when he retired the first time and Dana said GSP owed the UFC & Hendricks a rematch.

I think if GSP had been healthy enough he would have had no issue fighting Robert Whittaker.

GSP fought very few fighters with KO power that could defend TD’s extremely well due to the evolution of the division at his time. Like every fighter in the top 10 today is vastly more dangerous in a well rounded skillset than who GSP fougt his whole career. When he fought more evolved fighters with TD defense wrestling and could turn his lights out he was headed towards the door. He absolutely is a great though
LOL bro, talk about revisionist history.

Arguments like yours have been debunked before. People will be saying the same thing about Usman's opponents 10-20 years from now. They'll say he was never that good, had weak competition, etc., was lucky to be champion. You cannot look back on history and retroactively judge how good competition was, because it's impossible to be unbiased. You will see Jon Fitch as he was towards the end of his career, not Jon Fitch as he was at the time he was on his huge winning streak.

GSP was a beast and prime GSP would definitely beat Usman.

Obviously he doesnt care, but I can't understand how Dana White expects people to react to outlandish shit like this. I dont care what anyone says, from talking shit about fighters at post fight conferences to basically ruining the lives (by not paying) of just about every guy who had a hand in the UFC rising, to the the UFC ruining any chance the MMA being looked at as a legitimate sport -- Dana white has done far more to hurt MMA as a whole than to help it. Had Scott Coker been the UFC guy MMA would be in a much better place.

I agree and I love watching a GSP fanboy crying, the most fragile and pathetic fanbase ever
You may not agree but Usman? Really? IDK man he had a great career but idk if GOAT.

I think it's not a grude but Kamaru is still active so Dana is promoting his assets

I think it's not a grude but Kamaru is still active so Dana is promoting his assets
I can see that and that could very well be true, but I don’t think it’s out of the question to say that Dana was/is bitter towards GSP.

yeah for sure...Superior skills? whats that?wooden boxing and foot stomps...wow what a toolbox to draw from.
GSP would double leg Usman all day. Usmans supposed superior wrestling wouldnt be superior at all, considering GSP's proven skill. Fuck me even Edwards took Usman down and Colby was too chicken shit to try.
Usmans boxing is rather rudimentary and wooden, As previously mentioned, GSP's awesome jab would catch him every time.
Usman wont be doing his pissy foot stomps on GSP, he wouldnt even get him against the cage to be able to do that .
Who was the better competition? Colby, Mas? Give me a break.
You forget , or dont have a fucking clue, that GSP was the master of game planning, would have him figured out from the start , not that theres is much to figure out besides footstomps and cage pinning.
What did Usman have ? EPO induced stamina. SkIllZ
GSP will always be the GOAT , and you will always be the fan of mediocrity , backing a cesspool of losers.
I dont need to watch fightpass, I was watching them as they happened.
Usman just wasnt that good.

You realize the sport evolves right? Another 15 years and the WW champion will make prime Usman look like shit.

The WW champion of tomorrow will be an upgraded version of the one of the today and the past.

You are acting like one of those people who argue Michael Jordan can beat Lebron lol.

Usman is too strong for GSP, too fast, too much stamina, better nutrition, better coaches, more collective experience, and more skilled.

Usman will make dominant GSP the way GSP dominated Hughes.

You can’t compare the fighters of yesterday to the ones today. Just like how the WW champion 15 years from now will be faster, stronger, and more skilled than Usman.

Back