Premier League Thread 2023/24 V17: I could eat Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
@LEWIS540 Fair play if he got it together recently but ETH obsession with getting you a ball playing goalkeeper(of course he knew him from Ajax already) made you take your eyes off the fact that you still need a keeper that can make saves(for more than a couple of months). De Gea had a mistake in him, but he made a lot of saves, something Onana is incapable of. De Gea also kept the most clean sheets last season too. If anyone is rating Onana better than de Gea by much I can't take that seriously.

No idea where you're getting this Onana is incapable of making saves narrative. He's faced more shots than any other GK in the top half and has the highest save % in the league.....his shop stopping has been well above average.

de Gea didn't have to deal without Martinez, Shaw, AWB, Malacia, Varane and Casemiro for large parts of the season.

Statistically de Gea was a bottom 5 keeper last season and Onana is top 5 this season.

Clean sheet statistic doesn't really say anything.

Onana has been better than de Gea was in the last 2-3 seasons, pretty clearly, already. He'll also likely get even better in the coming seasons too once the squad improves and he gets a settled defence.

If you asked me in November I'd have called him a dud, but it's just not the case anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back