Presidential Pardons

In light of all the talk of Flynn receiving a pardon and the history of Mark Ritch, Iran Contra convictions being commuted, is there an argument for doing away with presidential pardons altogether?

Surely as the head of the executive, and upholding the law of the land as even just an optics issue, shouldn't this be done away with entirely?

Interested in alternative viewpoints.
i reserve judgement till i see how many slimy fucks ( and offspring) donnie pardons in his term

The constitution created the presidency and the federal government as well as establishing the supremacy of the federal government over the states.

You sound like a self educated man. Huzza
This right here DEMONSTRATES you don't have a CLUE about what you're talking about.

Learn something and then come back and talk to me.

Rape? You sound like a serious snowflake.

How is that even in the same realm as rape? Talk about insane and unstable.
Touching a woman's breast without consent is NOT rape?

Did you graduate high school? Or as I suspect was you just a drop out who now works at McDonald's?

Here is the definition of rape:

medical Definition of rape. : unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against the will usually of a female or with a person who is beneath a certain age or incapable of valid consent — compare sexual assault.

Again, what he did was definitely sexual assault bordering on rape.

Don't hate me, hate the FACTS.

I'm ok with most of Obamas pardons. Mostly drug offenders I believe. Good use of it in my opinion

I'm ok with Flynn being pardoned. In fact, I think he should be. I think the FBI obviously did not treat him fairly. And honestly, I don't trust the FBI

How was Flynn not treated fairly? He lied to them under oath and they figured it out?

I feel like this thread should use a voting poll, just to see how many people actually in favor of Presidents having pardon powers.

Sure, I'm all for that just as soon as all the previous people who was pardoned by PREVIOUS PRESIDENTS get locked back up with NO possibility of parole even for good behavior.

Deal?

This is terrible logic.

Allow wrongs to continue if previous wrongs can not be corrected? If anyone ever got away with it, everyone should be allowed to get away with it forever?

What am I missing here?

the problem here is that Democrats have supported Bill Clinton 100%, and only 16 years later taken a stand.

if this pardon is wrong now, why was it okay for 16 years ???
He's also a serial sexual assaulter and likely a child rapist/pedophile. Never hear Hillary supporters say shit about the degenerate she's married to for decades.

They're also good for political donations if I remember correctly.
qsyvDgC.gif

This is terrible logic.

Excellent, let us observe the limited mindset of a liberal. This should be fun...

Allow wrongs to continue if previous wrongs can not be corrected? If anyone ever got away with it, everyone should be allowed to get away with it forever?

First you must prove that presidential pardons are wrong to begin with. Then even if you do, yes previous presidential pardons should be retracted.

Look at it like this, in court DA's usually need fingerprint evidence, motive, a crime weapon, etc to convict.

If a case in the past had none of those things, then yes, the defendant who sentenced to life in prison SHOULD have his case retried.

What am I missing here?

Your brain, critical thinking skills, observation and analysis. The kind of things most liberals lack. Shall I go on?

What's stopping someone like Doctor Doom from hacking the fuck out of everything, dominating the fake news social media, bribing and murdering his way to the presidency, then when caught, pardoning all henchmen and pardoning himself?
A well-informed electorate
<{Heymansnicker}>

Back