Prime Chuck vs prime Machida

eq1sna_jpg.gif

lol "Chocolate L"

why hasnt this always been a thing? lol

Machida, and it wouldn't be particularly competitive.

Anyone saying it would not be competitive is just silly. I give Prime Machida the edge but Chuck would not make it easy.

Wow, Sherdog has changed. Didn’t know this many people never heard of “Chocolate L” before.

Whoa, was "Chocolate L" always a thing? I may be late to the party, but it is the coolest thing ever.
I remember a thread on here years ago where someone said something to the extent of their young kid hearing his name and thinking it was Chocolate L, and it's been used here and there since. To this day I always get a chuckle out of it (pun originally not intended; now fully intended).

Chuck no question.

Machida in his prime skated by on his style when he first arrived, once he got sorted and the myth that he couldn't be hit was dispelled his slide started and he started getting outstruck, outwrestled etc.... He was 30.

Chuck in his prime on the other hand was exactly as advertised, Sprawl & Brawl with Dynamite in his hands and a granite chin. He was beatable but you needed to be tough as nails, have very good wrestling or a solid game plan.
Chucks slide was alot more sudden as he aged out and he couldn't take a shot anymore, he was 36.

Both we're obviously elite regardless how you feel about them, but for me, in their prime, it's Chuck. He wasn't flashy nor did he rely on deception (Except when he shoots for what seemed like his only takedown ever on Wand in the 3rd) He was just a really, really tough dude who could negate your wrestling and threw straight punches very, very hard.

Didn't Shogun teach us that hooks kill Machida?

Chuck don't throw hooks.

People vote like its a popularity contest... sorry Chuck was able to shine because he had a rock chin and sure he was a great striker but Machida when it comes to striking technique is MILES...MILES ahead of what Chuck ever had. Once Chuck lost his chin due to age, he was LOST.... he didnt have anything anymore...that is because he wasnt able to connect without getting hit too.

With that in mind Chuck simply never had the tools to compete with Machida on a striking battle...it would be a boring fight sure, because they would both wait but Machida had a lot more techniques to annoy Chuck and bring him into his game...Chuck was never known for being a "smart" fighter, sorry he never was...so Chuck would break first, he would be forced to attack and then its over
i agree but so was overeem

Machida wouldn't finish chuck

either guy could take it really

Hackleman admitted they avoided this fight
i think chuck was quite a bit past his best by the time machida came along tho

Machida was also the scariest fighter on the roster before he was figured out.

Hindsight is everything i guess

Machidas style gave people problems long after the shogun fight. Just cos you know what to do doesnt you can just go in there and do it.

Who would have won, Chocolate L or the dragon?
This is utterly stupid and implies that prime Machida was even remotely as dominant as prime Chuck. Prime Shogun would be a more reasonable discussion although it has been done to death.

Back