Prime GSP vs Woodley ... who wins?

I got GSP winning now, let alone "prime" GSP.

gsp_contest.jpg

73TlOubl.jpg

Well, if they fought now, who do you think would win? GSP would crush, not even a question imo.

GSPs boxing isn't all that great tbh. Couple that with the TD threat being gone, and Woodley beats him.

And I hate Woodley.
Wat? Rory was able to take Woodley down, prime GSP would easily do it.

Definitely GSP. In fact I think he would still beat him today

GSP would embarrass Woodely.....en route to a 50/45 decision of course

GSP times his stiff jab better than Rory but Rory has a more versatile jab, feints it better and more often, doubles up/changes levels with his jab more often, and while GSP has a high landing percentage with his jab, Rorys is more constant and creates more openings.

No, just no. Full Stop.

Georges has the most complex jab game in MMA history. He utilizes 6 different kinds of jabs, mixing them all in so you never know which one is coming. Here is an article detailing what I'm talking about.

- The Springing Jab
- The Staggered Jab
- The Level-Change Jab
- The Safety Lead
- The Shortened Right Straight
- The Superman Jab

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/jack-slack-an-almost-complete-georges-st-pierre-striking-primer

Woodley is a live dog. 60-40 for GSP but I wouldn't be surprised if Woodley landed hard on George often.

People are acting like Woodley has no chance... did they even watch the Wonderboy fights? He got the better of the best striker in WW history, albeit with the threat of the takedown. George is much stiffer than Wonderboy and doesn't get his head off the centerline sometimes... plus he's never fought someone as fast and as powerful as Woodley.

GSP by extremely lopsided decision.

No question. All of Woodley's bad habits are the worst kind to have against GSP.

GSP has constant forward pressure which has historically been Woodley's only cryptenite. But I could also see Woodley not choosing to back up (and wait to explode off of the cage) like he usually does. So I could see this become a clinch fest...in which Woodley might gas out first.

Even with the above, I'd still favor Woodley. If he catches Georges with anything of power (and he will) he's going in for the kill. I can see Woodley catching GSPs timing and making him pay for it.

Woodley is a live dog. 60-40 for GSP but I wouldn't be surprised if Woodley landed hard on George often.

People are acting like Woodley has no chance... did they even watch the Wonderboy fights? He got the better of the best striker in WW history, albeit with the threat of the takedown. George is much stiffer than Wonderboy and doesn't get his head off the centerline sometimes... plus he's never fought someone as fast and as powerful as Woodley.
Anything can happen, but after following GSP's entire career, I just don't see anything that makes me think Woodley has much of a chance. People have been saying this about GSP forever. The Next Guy was always the one to beat him. This is just more of the same. I've said it before, Woodley is average with some very timely wins. He's just looked weak to terrible too many times. WW these days is a shadow of what it used to be.

I don't know why people still doubt GSP. What will it take?

Wat? Rory was able to take Woodley down, prime GSP would easily do it.

people on this forum are either super new to MMA, old and don't care anymore, or just say stupid shit for no reason

Rory outjabbed and outwrestled woodley

GSP is better than him at both of those aspects of MMA hands down.

The same as the second koscheck fight, but worse.

Ya’ll day GSP can’t take Woodley down but he had no problem handling josh koscheck. Come on now children.

I don't concede Woodley poses any more of a threat than prime Kos or Hendricks did. Woodley has just had a longer prime than both those guys but not better. GSP owned Kos prime for prime and eeked out an ugly albeit controversial win over Hendricks out of prime.

Prime GSP was the least hit champ in MMA along with prime Machida and post surgery/prime GSP became the most hit champ. And yet post prime GSP still beat Condit and Diaz in fights that were more than half on the feet and striking.

Woodley head hunts like Kos but loses everywhere else.

Back