Prime GSP vs Woodley ... who wins?

GSPs boxing isn't all that great tbh. Couple that with the TD threat being gone, and Woodley beats him.

And I hate Woodley.

If GSP's boxing isn't great, then Woodleys is even worse. What does he have apart from an overhand right?

GSP is the GOAT.

If GSP's boxing isn't great, then Woodleys is even worse. What does he have apart from an overhand right?

GSP is the GOAT.

What is even more limited than GSPs offensive boxing is his defensive boxing. That's what would make the difference vs Woodley.

But as I have stated several times on Sherdog, GSP relies on building off of his jab. If he can't establish a jab and the TD threat is gone, any dangerous striker would light him up.

He struggled once his jab and TD were taken away vs Johny. A much less skilled striker was outstriking GSP and even establishing his own jab even though Johny's jab is one of his worst aspects being a left centered southpaw, unlike Diaz who is a jab centered southpaw. He struggled to fight outside of his bread and butter, once Johny slowed he went back to what he knows.

Most of his defensive tactics are to shoot a TD or clinch up and he tends to reach for the clinch leaving him very open for shots.

Woodley actually has the ability to adjust and adapt mid fight without his corner telling him so. GSP almost lacks that ability almost entirely mostly because he comes from such a gameplan centered camp for years he always relied on it.

In my opinion, Woodley would catch him. He is faster and hits much harder than Bisping who was landing often on GSP before he used the TD threat to land a big left hook. It would only be a matter of time until he caught GSP with something heavy.

People like you don't like to admit it but GSP has fought mostly 1 dimensional fighters or fighters with very glaring holes in their game. That's 90% of his entire career. You probably think he has been clean his whole career too huh?

What is even more limited than GSPs offensive boxing is his defensive boxing. That's what would make the difference vs Woodley.

But as I have stated several times on Sherdog, GSP relies on building off of his jab. If he can't establish a jab and the TD threat is gone, any dangerous striker would light him up.

He struggled once his jab and TD were taken away vs Johny. A much less skilled striker was outstriking GSP and even establishing his own jab even though Johny's jab is one of his worst aspects being a left centered southpaw, unlike Diaz who is a jab centered southpaw. He struggled to fight outside of his bread and butter, once Johny slowed he went back to what he knows.

Most of his defensive tactics are to shoot a TD or clinch up and he tends to reach for the clinch leaving him very open for shots.

Woodley actually has the ability to adjust and adapt mid fight without his corner telling him so. GSP almost lacks that ability almost entirely mostly because he comes from such a gameplan centered camp for years he always relied on it.

In my opinion, Woodley would catch him. He is faster and hits much harder than Bisping who was landing often on GSP before he used the TD threat to land a big left hook. It would only be a matter of time until he caught GSP with something heavy.

People like you don't like to admit it but GSP has fought mostly 1 dimensional fighters or fighters with very glaring holes in their game. That's 90% of his entire career. You probably think he has been clean his whole career too huh?

Woodleys adjusting to Marquardt and Rory’s striking was great.

George is a very dynamic striker when he wants to be. He’s landed all kinds of shit in prior fights like axe kicks you often never see in mma

Problem. When has Woodley ever shown the ability to shut down a jab? Oh, that's right, never.

Everyone talks about Tyrone power being an issue.

It’s possible and more than likely Hendricks hit harder, also the much bigger bisping that fought at LHW successfully for some time more than likely hits harder as well.

Woodleys “power” won’t be something that shocks him. Cote for sure hits harder and they spent lots and lots of time training together when he was hitting like a truck. And the crow as well. He’s seen it before.

Also the shot that dropped bisping before the gnp flurry might be a harder shot than woodleys ever tired off. It might actually be the other way around now, the new version of George might actually have the power advantage.

Let’s look at how marquart straight pieced up woodley with his power, marquart trainee a lot with Goerge

Looking at everything I don’t think woodleys proposed power, isn’t anything George hasn’t seen and overcome.

And the advantage today might go the other way.

Woodley doesn’t do well backing up, how funny would it be if it played out like GSP herion with GSP striking him down as he backs up and falls to the floor koed.

And the most important part of Hendricks' "success" against GSP is the fact he is a southpaw.

Woodleys adjusting to Marquardt and Rory’s striking was great.

George is a very dynamic striker when he wants to be. He’s landed all kinds of shit in prior fights like axe kicks you often never see in mma

That is all you've got as a rebuttle? To try to insult Woodley in hopes that it will bother me? Lol you do realize I'm not a Woodley fan and that I genuinely dislike him inside and outside of the cage?

Cool, George has landed an axe kick or a superman punch, wow incredible, doesn't convince me of anything new.

Problem. When has Woodley ever shown the ability to shut down a jab? Oh, that's right, never.

The only fight he desperately needed to was in a fight vs someone with a much better jab than George, though that is unpopular opinion.

Mental game is the X factor here, Gsp gets the W.

GSP does what he always did against the exact same type of fighter.

50-45...Unless Georges pushes the pace frantically...Then it's GSP by making Woodley tired as fuck.

And GSP tapped to strikes at the hands of Serra; both occurred at a different time and place. Also, the guy Woodley just beat embarrassed that same GSP lite.

Yeah. One was like 10 years ago while the other was more recent.

Shame Woodley couldn’t actually beat Rory himself.

That is all you've got as a rebuttle? To try to insult Woodley in hopes that it will bother me? Lol you do realize I'm not a Woodley fan and that I genuinely dislike him inside and outside of the cage?

Cool, George has landed an axe kick or a superman punch, wow incredible, doesn't convince me of anything new.

It wasn’t insulting him, it was a rebuttal to the statement of how good woodley is (isn’t in actuality) in adjusting his game plan, it also worked wonders with maia right?

Go watch George’s rematch against Hughes there was some great dynamic striking used there. Hughes had no idea what to do and looked dumbfounded.

GSPs boxing isn't all that great tbh. Couple that with the TD threat being gone, and Woodley beats him.

And I hate Woodley.
If the takedown threat was there for Hughes, Hendricks, Koscheck, Fitch and Shields, what makes you think it wouldn't be there for Woodley?

The only fight he desperately needed to was in a fight vs someone with a much better jab than George, though that is unpopular opinion.

I don’t think I’ve heard Rory’s jab is supposed to be better, if that’s an opinion it must be a very unpopular one , like it’s yours and yours alone.

If the takedown threat was there for Hughes, Hendricks, Koscheck, Fitch and Shields, what makes you think it wouldn't be there for Woodley?

Woodley In a lot of ways is just a worse version of the other mentioned fighters, I don’t get how anyone doesn’t think it would be a walk in the park for George.

Woodley has perfect timing. The old guard, just got to old and battle worn, so he had an easy road to championship.

And the new breed isn’t quite experienced enough yet.

Ww is just dry now.

Prime GSP with ease. It's not even close.

It would be there just like all the rest, and Woodley wouldn’t be able to stop it

The only thing that matters is GSP thinks Woodley wins. Otherwise they would be fighting.

Back