Professional Wrestling Discussion Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smigg said:
Yeah, it's off the Rise and Fall DVD, I've been meaning to get that for so long, I stumbled upon these by accident.

The Austin promos where he mimics Hogan and Bischoff aren't there though, those are two of the most hilarious promos ever

Rise and Fall's well worth the money.

Yep, Rise and Fall is great, its honestly the only WWE dvd like that I've ever made it watching through all the way to the end. Didn't get through all the extra matches tho, not because they couldn't hold my attention but more because there was so many of them. It's been out for so long you could probably find it discounted too.

I imported both Rise and Fall and the Chris Benoit DVD. I didn't want to risk our censors snipping anything, like they did with the Ric Flair set.

Francis Rossi said:
I imported both Rise and Fall and the Chris Benoit DVD. I didn't want to risk our censors snipping anything, like they did with the Ric Flair set.

wutt?..really?..what country do you live in?

MeGaMaNx18 said:
wutt?..really?..what country do you live in?
The UK. They excised the bit where Terry Funk put a plastic bag over Flair's head. They slapped a 15 certificate on it, so I fail to see why they deemed that necessary.

Yep, Rise and Fall is great, its honestly the only WWE dvd like that I've ever made it watching through all the way to the end. Didn't get through all the extra matches tho, not because they couldn't hold my attention but more because there was so many of them. It's been out for so long you could probably find it discounted too.

Wasn't the Road Warriors' DVD made by the E, too?

If you couldn't watch that one all the way through you need to lay off the crack a bit.

the Road Warrior dvd was really great...btw..i heard Benoit lost to the fuckin Miz on friday..WTF..i don't care that MVP interfered..thats bullshit

UK didn't get the Billy Graham DVD at all.

They refused to let it be sold unless a lot of blood from a particular match (I forget which) was cut out, which E didn't want to do.

Road Warriors was good
ECW was awsome
Piper one is good

The Miz is a waste of life. The only good parts of his matches is listening to JBL verbally abuse him, and watching him get hit in the face.

MIKEMCCANN said:
UK didn't get the Billy Graham DVD at all.

They refused to let it be sold unless a lot of blood from a particular match (I forget which) was cut out, which E didn't want to do.

Road Warriors was good
ECW was awsome
Piper one is good

Sky Sports showed an hour long heavily edited special though.

Never seen the Road Warriors dvd, I was never really a fan of theirs so I didn't bother to buy it. Plus all my money went into scoring coke anyways.

I downloaded the Billy Graham DVD due it it being banned here, and the documentary part was good. The matches on the other hand...

The Road Warriors DVD was good too. Even the matches didn't suck. Well, the scaffold match did.

Yeah, I remember seeing Sky Sport's version.

I usually prefer the docu part of the DVD's to the matches. I think because with most of them I've seen the mateches before (many, many times in the case of the Bret one).

If Dana was really smart, he'd start releasing these on the original UFC guys, now that he can put their Pride fights in as well.

Ken Shamrock
Don Frye
Mark Coleman
Mark Kerr (though most will have seen Smashing Machine)

What do you think?

That would be a great idea, I know there's been DVDs for Royce, Shamrock and Tank Abbott, but I think they need to use the same format as the WWE ones, with other guys telling their own stories about the guys on the DVD.

Can you imagine what a Tank Abbott one would be like with Ken Shamrock on there, that would be a must watch.

Sounds a great idea. They'd certainly be good as a "Hall of Fame" range. Stop being petty and induct people who deserve a spot, then release a DVD for them.

Smigg said:
That would be a great idea, I know there's been DVDs for Royce, Shamrock and Tank Abbott, but I think they need to use the same format as the WWE ones, with other guys telling their own stories about the guys on the DVD.

Can you imagine what a Tank Abbott one would be like with Ken Shamrock on there, that would be a must watch.

i do not think the tank or royce dvd ever was released in the usa

Francis Rossi said:
Ah, how to rile up morons on an MMA board - mention pro-wrestling.

Or how to rile up morons in the wrestling thread, mention how the Miz "beat" Benoit, how Cena no sold Michaels working his leg at Wrestlemania, how CM Punk is overrated, and countless other moronic arguments. AT least the people in the MMA discussion realize they're not very bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back