Pump the brakes ... has Islam faced a D1 wrestling All-American yet? Gregor for title eliminator

"gReGoR gOt kOeD bY kEvIn LeE"
Yeah, who did Islam get koed by?
Id like this matchup. I think Islam deserves a top 5 but let's not act like he's way out of Gregor's league or anything.

Nobody gives a nano fuck about D1 wrasslin outside of America.

Sorry.

Gregor's a fucking loser that doesn't fight. In the past three and a half years, he's beaten Diego Ferreira and fell victim to one of the nastiest head kick KOs I've ever seen.

If he wants to fight again, give him some hot young prospect looking to build his brand off someone's name.

Anyone can get flash KO'd by a brutal ass kick like that.

Plus, Islam has rose to the top beating wrestling noobs, aside from Arman. He's never faced the best America has to offer. Why should he rise to the top based purely on his easy schedule? Gregor would have beat all the same guys he beat.

Defensive D1wrestling vs. Khabib's wrestling:

Islam would do the same to any D1.

Defensive D1wrestling vs. Khabib's wrestling:

Islam would do the same to any D1.

What part about 4 time D1 All-American don't you understand? Gaethje barely made it as an All-American for 1 time, he's not on the same level.

I don't see why you'd award him a title shot without giving America's finest a crack at him first. I mean, this is America after all.

Islam vs. Gregor Gillespie for a title eliminator bout, winner gets Charles.

In case you didn't know:

NCAA Division I 149 lbs - 7th place out of Edinboro University (2006)
NCAA Division I 149 lbs - 1st place out of Edinboro University (2007)
NCAA Division I 157 lbs - 5th place out of Edinboro University (2008)
NCAA Division I 157 lbs - 4th place out of Edinboro University (2009)
Four time NCAA Division I All-American

Before you say "blah blah blah he doesn't deserve it", realize you were about to give Dariush a title eliminator with Islam with Beneil's best win being a split decision over Diego Feirrera. Gregor just crushed Feirrera.
His best win is #5 Ferguson who is still a better win than short notice #6 hooker and Gregor...... I'll hold my laughter in.

So in one corner you have a fighter that has gone 5-0 over the past 3 years (3-0 over the past year).

In the other corner you have a fighter that has fought twice in 3 years, and went 1-1 (and hasn't fought in over a year).

Yea, they're on equal footing. Sherlogic at its finest. And I'm not even an Islam fan.

His best win is #5 Ferguson who is still a better win than short notice #6 hooker and Gregor...... I'll hold my laughter in.

I dunno why you're bringing Hooker into it. I'm talking about Beneil's record, not Islam's.

Old Man Tony, with all due respect to a legend, is shot. His body is beat up and not as strong as it used to be. He's in the middle of a long losing streak.

Gregor beat Diego, just like Beneil, and he finished him. Gregor is right up there with Beneil.

Just let him fight daruish already so we can have a proper title fight against charles.

So in one corner you have a fighter that has gone 5-0 over the past 3 years (3-0 over the past year).

In the other corner you have a fighter that has fought twice in 3 years, and went 1-1 (and hasn't fought in over a year).

Yea, they're on equal footing. Sherlogic at its finest. And I'm not even an Islam fan.

That's right. Gregor is 7-1 in the UFC. and beat Diego, just like Beneil, but he finished him.

We need to see how elite American wrestling plays out against Islam. Gregor is as legit as they come.

I dunno why you're bringing Hooker into it. I'm talking about Beneil's record, not Islam's.

Old Man Tony, with all due respect to a legend, is shot. His body is beat up and not as strong as it used to be. He's in the middle of a long losing streak.

Gregor beat Diego, just like Beneil, and he finished him. Gregor is right up there with Beneil.
Tell Gregor to fight rather than self sabotage his career by refusing to fight.

What kind of logic is "I'll only fight guys ranked ahead of me?" That means by using Gregor's own logic know one ranked ahead of him should accept a fight with him and should be looking to get matched with higher ranked fighters.

Gregor should be fighting dudes like Bobby Green lol.
Yeah he should
Apparently, beating Bobby green earns you a title shot. At least in some ppl minds....

Tell Gregor to fight rather than self sabotage his career by refusing to fight.

What kind of logic is "I'll only fight guys ranked ahead of me?" That means by using Gregor's own logic know one ranked ahead of him should accept a fight with him and should be looking to get matched with higher ranked fighters.

I fear you're bringing logic to an illogical argument.

Ah, the classic American D1 myth.

Like Gaethje vs. Khabib.

You were fine with Beneil getting that even though his best win is Diego Fierrera (split decision) and a decision over Old Man Tony.

Look at Gregor's finish rate. He could make the jump, his American D1 All-American level wrestling will destroy Islam. Top tier of wrestler in a nation of 300 mill, you'd be surprised.
Gregor is currently calling for a fight with Dariush. Assuming Islam fights for the belt next, Gregor vs. Dariush is a fight I'd like to see. I'd give Dariush the next shot with a win.

Given how inactive Gregor has been, with a win against Dariush I'd still want to see him win one more.

Given that Dariush is still not ready for a fight and might refuse Gregor, I'd like to see him fight Brad Riddell or Mark O. Madsen, but that would require him agreeing to fight down the rankings.

Didn't Gregor just get removed from the rankings owing to inactivity? I mean despite that the UFC should give him what would be a number one contender fight, totally makes sense.

Back