Locked PWD 1165: F'n Turtlenecks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone that watched that season knows that book and movie was complete bullshit.

They had one of the best rotations in baseball including a CY Young winner and a roided to the gills MVP in Tejada.
But they had to pay for pop. That’s hard times daddeh.

David Justice was the first baseball player I can remember being a fan, even before Chipper
52975246.jpg

"David Justice" is just a money name for a guy who's cranking home runs and then Papa Roll told me he was married to that pretty girl from the Flinstones movie and it was all over with!

tumblr_p4x7z9g6nv1txtch1o1_400.gif

@Sycho Sid @Stargazer Rex @The Clinch

Cataclysm Classic launch in like 35 minutes and hundreds of people hovered around where the first quest will be like the good ol days.

The sight of it is a good ol hit of nostalgia dopamine.

Been blasting the MoP remix for cosmetics, mounts, and old rep like a dork.

..and it’s easy leveling to finish up allied race heritage gear. …which is just more cosmetics.

This MF’s going over Gunther isn’t he

I never seen that movie tbh.
It's one of my favorite movies of all time and I don't even like/understand baseball that much. It's a movie that's a lot more about taking risks, leadership and management. Baseball is just the medium for which it's explained. I highly recommend it.

It's one of my favorite movies of all time and I don't even like/understand baseball that much. It's a movie that's a lot more about taking risks, leadership and management. Baseball is just the medium for which it's explained. I highly recommend it.
I'll put that on my que because I respect your taste.

"Should we mention Miguel Tejada and Barry Zito, who won AL MVP and Cy Young respectively that season?"
"Nah, not important. Let's go over that "gets on base" speech again though."

Good movie. Hollywood always fabricates things or dramatizes them because 9/10 times the real story is too boring.

Beane took a huge chance using analytics before anyone was using it. A huge risk that is now the norm. Some of the guys were from that approach. The team that was fielded that year was mostly built off old school scouting.

Still a great movie that I watch every year before opening day.

If it 's Jey Uso vs Tama Tonga in the finals.....those Saudi cops gonna cover them like it's Ferguson.

Beane took a huge chance using analytics before anyone was using it. A huge risk that is now the norm. Some of the guys were from that approach. The team that was fielded that year was mostly built off old school scouting.

Still a great movie that I watch every year before opening day.
Kind of looks like that movie was just to give those analytics nerds fap fuel tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back