PWD 501: TV Ratings and PPV Buys (No One Cares... Except Struggle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you're gonna have a CW division don't have them wrestle like everyone else ffs

WWE style needs to take a backseat once in awhile

I was one of the posters interested in a CW division, but not like the one we got. (I'm not sure, but I think other posters were in the same boat as me.) I wanted the division to be mostly for guys that were already around, but were too small to be at all believable against Brock, Braun, Roman, etc. Guys like Kalisto, Neville, Sin Cara, Tyler Breeze, Balor, Gable, Ziggler, Slater, etc. So as to utilize the roster they already had that was doing a whole lot of nothing, not to bring in a bunch of guys that were even smaller than them, who weren't established, who, mostly, had zero personalities, and who were going to create their own stupid "universe" within the WWE with its own show and stupid purple ropes.

Raw is 3 hours long with a whole lot of shitty filler. I think a 15-minute match between Gable and Ziggler where the winner gets a CW title shot at Balor at the next PPV is a much better use of time then another replay package of some shit we've already seen twice that week or another garbage backstage segment or whatever. And if a guy like Balor is able to get over in the division, he can move up to the HW division, like Jericho did.

Ego would have never allowed that to happen

looks like nia jax might have walked out also

Nia Jax should allow HHH and Vince to double team her while Maddox cries in the corner for the push she's got compared to her talent, ability and safety level.

In an interview with Metal Injection, Chris Jericho gave his thoughts on the firing of Jimmy Jacobs by WWE. Jacobs was fired for posting a photo with the Bullet Club when they “invaded” RAW.

He said: “Jimmy’s good and if I was there I would’ve tried to help him out, but it’s not the smartest of moves. If I work at McDonalds and post a picture of me hanging out with guys from Wendy’s and hashtag ‘Wendy’s is great,’ McDonalds might not be too happy about it. I think Jimmy’s a smart guy and maybe wouldn’t surprise me if he knew something was going to happen. Maybe he was getting sick of it, I don’t know. I just know as soon as I saw that picture, I was just like ‘ooof,’ with the hashtag ‘#BCInvasion,’ you can’t do that man. I mean, you can’t. Was it a fireable offense? Well, it’s not my decision, obviously Vince thought it was, which tells me there was probably some other stuff going on and that was the final straw. And I will say this, last year, 2016, Jimmy Jacobs was my co-writer on all of it. All of it! And the weeks he wasn’t there I was like ‘Ah f**k, I don’t like this, I want Jimmy.’ So he’s very talented, and he really got me. I worked with him a few times and I went to [head writer] Dave Kapoor, I want Scoville, which is his real name, Chris Scoville, on every Jericho promo. No one else. Because that’s how much I trusted his talent, his instincts.“

https://411mania.com/wrestling/chris...bs-wwe-firing/

Motherfucking writers have work names? The fuck

Fuck, for a long time I'd said I was born either a decade too early or a decade too early.

Well, it's definitely a decade too late. I couldn't stand to be younger than late 20s at the absolute youngest right now. I'm definitely on the progressive side of things but the far left is cannibalizing the left as a whole. I predicted this when the Tea Party stuff was at peak, that the pc police brigade of the left would be far worse for the left than the tea party ever was for the right.

The divisiveness is pretty impressive, tho. Like ... I saw someone post a "Me, too" ... if you haven't seen that, women are posting that to share they've been sexually harassed / assaulted ... which is the kicker, it lumps catcalling in with rape ... the person I'm talking about even specifically said they were posting it literally because to be a woman is to be sexually harassed. As in, the implication is that she has never herself been harassed/assaulted, and yet she's contributing to this narrative. And, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a false narrative, but we don't need for everyone who has never been harassed/assaulted to say they have been.

Just, fuck, this is me being extremely uncomfortable with the situation when I generally basically agree with the broader policy perspectives of these people. I can't imagine how insane this must all seem to someone who is more centrist than I am or even on the right. And that's what I'm talking about with regard to the divisiveness ... these are things that cannot be said in public spaces, even with the best intent of creating a dialogue that strengthens the argument ... respond to any given person's post and you're "making their assault about you".

I mean, jesus christ, no one is FOR sexual assault. But there are some folks in the outrage sect who'd like you to think there are.

i agree.

if you're gonna have a CW division don't have them wrestle like everyone else ffs

WWE style needs to take a backseat once in awhile

Vince doesn't approve of the buffet style where you get a little bit of everything. American wrestling/cruiser/brawler/big hoss. Good WCW gave you a good mix.

Motherfucking writers have work names? The fuck
He is talking about Jacobs (real name Scoville).

Most pro wrestlers continue using their gimmick name, or people still refer to them as their gimmick name, even when not wrestling anymore.

I use way less than my fair share of offtopic rants here, I think.

I just read Jlaw say she was forced to do a nude line up. I think she might wanna look up the word forced .

And so much of it is just hear say and speculation and no proof. Why the fuck didnt you speak out years ago if you were so upset and it just all seems like hysteria .

Im not saying there arent creeps but it seems like its so hip to be a victim and say me too then twist a story to paint yourself as one.

Or rose mcgowen throwing stones in glass houses you new he was a creep let him fuck ya let him pay ya and didnt say shit and you wanna say others enabled him.

Or republicans acting like democrats are some degenerates when the same fuckery been goin on at fox and the president is one of these grabby men

Man all this shit is irritating me

That's for damn sure, but they're not going to. If even Trips thinks Raw should be 2 hours, but it's not, then it ain't getting changed.
Big Money Dave himself said that the tv rights money and ad revenue is the best source of income that WWE has right now. Business wise they can’t cut down to 2 hours unfortunately

Regarding, J-Law, it's fair to assume that she didn't "speak out" at the time because she was scared of having her career ended before it started. So her decision was either deal with a shitty thing like that and have a chance at the career she wanted, or stand up for herself and end up a legal secretary doing a nude lineup for @warriorscomeout for way less money. She even said in the interview I read that by the time she got Hunger Games she could tell people to fuck off because she was a star, but that she wanted newer girls to be able to say no without having to give up their careers.

A lot of people have eaten shit at their jobs when they're younger and newer. A lot of people have put up with stuff from asshole bosses when they were 22 that they'd never put up with when they're 35.

Big Money Dave himself said that the tv rights money and ad revenue is the best source of income that WWE has right now. Business wise they can’t cut down to 2 hours unfortunately

And somehow they can't find 10 minutes for Summer Rae to play with her hair and giggle?

That's for damn sure, but they're not going to. If even Trips thinks Raw should be 2 hours, but it's not, then it ain't getting changed.

They make too much money for ad revenue to cut down to 3 hours now, they have boxed themselves into a corner.

And somehow they can't find 10 minutes for Summer Rae to play with her hair and giggle?
And rub lotion on her legs
OQUSMXI.gif

Regarding, J-Law, it's fair to assume that she didn't "speak out" at the time because she was scared of having her career ended before it started. So her decision was either deal with a shitty thing like that and have a chance at the career she wanted, or stand up for herself and end up a legal secretary doing a nude lineup for @warriorscomeout for way less money. She even said in the interview I read that by the time she got Hunger Games she could tell people to fuck off because she was a star, but that she wanted newer girls to be able to say no without having to give up their careers.

A lot of people have eaten shit at their jobs when they're younger and newer. A lot of people have put up with stuff from asshole bosses when they were 22 that they'd never put up with when they're 35.

Here's my take on it, you are only hearing now about the women who said no because the secret go out. Meaning

1. If the NYT never wrote that story, he would still be doing it and everyone who have known and said nothing

2. All the women who are complaining about it now means that there are 10x the number of women who did bang him willingly and those women are your biggest stars in the business right now.

If Hollywood didn't spend so much of their time virtue signaling their purity to everyone this would blow over but they are major league hypocrites in that town. All the shit they complain about they are the biggest offenders off.

Last edited:
George Brett's homerun being ruled legitimate is the biggest travesty in the history of America.

Let's be honest, WWE is about 5 years past due on some Future Endeavors. They need to trim the fat bad.

Brock
Randy
whole 205
ryder
mojo
gallows
anderson
ziggler
bo
axel
wyatt

Who would you endeavor?

I had an electrical inspector come today so I grabbed a bunch of busy work and brought it home. Instead of doing any of it I watched two episodes of TWD and took a nap.

I am @Gutter Chris

Idk if anyone has ever microchipped their dog or not but goddamn you should see the needle they use for that thing. Looked like a damn phillips head screwdriver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back