Q&A on Thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had a problem at Tiger all you had to do was talk to Ray and get it fixed. He is such a good guy he would probably still talk to you even after what you have written here.

All of these terrible, horrible things I've written, such as "I've trained there twice and I didn't enjoy it."

I apologize to everyone else for de-railing this thread with my opinions/personal insight; it's one of the reasons I haven't opened this thread in months: too much arguing, too little information.

By the way, if anyone ever swings by my gym in Philly to train, you're more than welcome to say whatever the hell you want about it here on Sherdog.

Bryan Lee,

It's you who know nothing about Thailand. I lived in Thailand for a year.

Your comment about English teachers being the lowest of the low is just a completely ignorant and offending comment. Why do you think they pay English teachers the same salary as someone with 5-10 years experience in finance? It's because they desperately need people to teach English.

Thailand has many problems and none are caused by foreigners. The Thai for Thai sex industry is 10 times bigger than the few Isaan girls who look for foreigners. Money for sex invades every layer of society in Thailand. From 300 baht Burmese hookers on the border to 30,000 baht superstar models in exclusive gentleman nightclubs.

You have the typical naive, patronizing view of Thailand.

Most English teachers are guys that could be Sherdog posters. A lot of them are young backpackers and they get a job because they want to stay.

As if you want to acknowledge it or not, the title of 'Ajarn' is very respected in Thailand, much more than saying you train Thaiboxing.

Bryan Lee,

It's you who know nothing about Thailand. I lived in Thailand for a year.

No, Its you who do not know what your writing about. Please tell me what you learned in a year that makes your commentary more valid than mine since I have lived here full time close to a decade?

Your comment about English teachers being the lowest of the low is just a completely ignorant and offending comment. Why do you think they pay English teachers the same salary as someone with 5-10 years experience in finance? It's because they desperately need people to teach English.

Because westerners will work for 500 bucks a month but will not work for 200 hundred bucks per month like locals. Because parents like to see a foreign face around the school whether the foreign face is a qualified teacher or not.

Thailand has many problems and none are caused by foreigners. The Thai for Thai sex industry is 10 times bigger than the few Isaan girls who look for foreigners. Money for sex invades every layer of society in Thailand. From 300 baht Burmese hookers on the border to 30,000 baht superstar models in exclusive gentleman nightclubs.

Foreigners cause plenty of problems in Thailand but you are correct about the sex industry. Few foreigners have a clue to what goes on within it. Unfortunately I know all to well about women being raped, sold, and even murdered in Thailand. I am completely disgusted by the entire drama.

You have the typical naive, patronizing view of Thailand.

No, I have a understanding of Thailand that goes so far beyond your one years experience as a tourist here that we are not even in the same conversation.

Most English teachers are guys that could be Sherdog posters. A lot of them are young backpackers and they get a job because they want to stay.

Maybe you misunderstood me, I dont have a problem with English teachers or English teachers training and or posting on Sherdog. However there is a huge problem with unqualified teachers in Thailand. Up until two years ago there was no background for sex offenders, no fact check on any documents and as long as you had a copy of a teaching certificate you can buy on Khaoson Road from hawkers and a white face you were hired.

As if you want to acknowledge it or not, the title of 'Ajarn' is very respected in Thailand, much more than saying you train Thaiboxing.

Again you are incorrect, the only thing respected here other than Royalty is money and raw power. Do not confuse common courtesy and local culture with respect. I did not come to Thailand to train in Muay Thai, I have a somewhat normal life here and got involved with Muay Thai because I like Muay Thai and live in Thailand.

All of these terrible, horrible things I've written, such as "I've trained there twice and I didn't enjoy it."

I apologize to everyone else for de-railing this thread with my opinions/personal insight; it's one of the reasons I haven't opened this thread in months: too much arguing, too little information.

By the way, if anyone ever swings by my gym in Philly to train, you're more than welcome to say whatever the hell you want about it here on Sherdog.

You made a incorrect statement that there is "Poor training" at Tiger when Ramazan just got back from down there and said it was good.

If you want to be the local Muay Thai Expert in Philadelphia based on holidays in Thailand go for it. Just dont get on the net and tell people a gym in Thailand has poor Muay Thai training the same week one of the best Muay Thai fighters in the world tells his friends the place is good.

You made a incorrect statement that there is "Poor training" at Tiger when Ramazan just got back from down there and said it was good.

If you want to be the local Muay Thai Expert in Philadelphia based on holidays in Thailand go for it. Just dont get on the net and tell people a gym in Thailand has poor Muay Thai training the same week one of the best Muay Thai fighters in the world tells his friends the place is good.

He is expressing his opinion based on his experiences there. I know many people who have stated that they received poor training at Tiger. A member of this forum posted while he was at Tiger, he said he was not happy with the training at all and was passed over for padwork. They forgot about him. I'm sure Ramazan was take care of very well, he is a pro after all, but there are other people who are not receiving the same standard of training.

No, Its you who do not know what your writing about. Please tell me what you learned in a year that makes your commentary more valid than mine since I have lived here full time close to a decade?

Because westerners will work for 500 bucks a month but will not work for 200 hundred bucks per month like locals. Because parents like to see a foreign face around the school whether the foreign face is a qualified teacher or not.

Foreigners cause plenty of problems in Thailand but you are correct about the sex industry. Few foreigners have a clue to what goes on within it. Unfortunately I know all to well about women being raped, sold, and even murdered in Thailand. I am completely disgusted by the entire drama.

No, I have a understanding of Thailand that goes so far beyond your one years experience as a tourist here that we are not even in the same conversation.

Maybe you misunderstood me, I dont have a problem with English teachers or English teachers training and or posting on Sherdog. However there is a huge problem with unqualified teachers in Thailand. Up until two years ago there was no background for sex offenders, no fact check on any documents and as long as you had a copy of a teaching certificate you can buy on Khaoson Road from hawkers and a white face you were hired.

Again you are incorrect, the only thing respected here other than Royalty is money and raw power. Do not confuse common courtesy and local culture with respect. I did not come to Thailand to train in Muay Thai, I have a somewhat normal life here and got involved with Muay Thai because I like Muay Thai and live in Thailand.

I have to agree with Bryan on this point. Most of the english teachers in Thailand should not be teaching. Most professional teachers with a legit degree in education are in the international school system. Many of the language school teachers are either dirty backpackers or pedo scum and have no business teaching.

^^^ Fuck you, honestly.

Pedo scum? Are you fucking retarded? I didn't know Gary Glitter was an English teacher. How many English teachers do you know exactly? I can guarantee you that a native English speaker is better than a Thai English teacher 9/10, education or no education. Thai English teaching in public schools is appalling. It consists mostly of singing 'Happy Birthday To You'. Thais are actually taught English for several years, yet most have no practical language skills cause their teachers suck.

And no, Thai don't give a shit that you are there to train Thai boxing. Most Thais think of Thai boxing as something for the lower classes. You ask any random Thai who they respect the most, the thaiboxer or the teacher.

Teaching English is a perfectly legitimate way of financing your stay in Thailand, while training or traveling.

I'm planning to go for 7 weeks. I will be buying tickets in about 2months. Leaving in October. Most likely will be going to Sinbi camp and staying there as well... I have no intentions of drinking and going crazy while in Thailand. Just wana train as hard as i can while being there and visit some temples and historic landmarks. Also i wana get at least 1fight there...

He is expressing his opinion based on his experiences there. I know many people who have stated that they received poor training at Tiger. A member of this forum posted while he was at Tiger, he said he was not happy with the training at all and was passed over for padwork. They forgot about him. I'm sure Ramazan was take care of very well, he is a pro after all, but there are other people who are not receiving the same standard of training.

Fair enough, he is entitled to his opinion. My understanding is he was probably happier at a place that was not as International and was more Thai. I'm in the opposite position over here because I deal almost exclusively with Thai people so I'm very happy to go to places like Rompo back when my friends were all there training. I'm not a pro fighter or anything close to it but I work with pro fighters when I can. Most of the fighters and people involved with Muay Thai or Jiu Jitsu that stay in Thailand year round go out of their way to help each other.

I'm sick and tired of all the retarded and borderline off topic arguments in this thread.

I'm sick and tired of all the retarded and borderline off topic arguments in this thread.

So what do you want to know about? Visas are little bit tight these days so its best to get a one year in your home country before you come if you plan on staying for more than thirty days. Before you could just pop down to Malaysia for a short trip and come back with another thirty day visa but now its only fifteen.

If you show up in Thailand with thirty days and need more than fifteen you will have stand in line all day in Laos or KL then come back the next day and pickup your passport for sixty more days.

A couple places like the Fox Camp at Samui can hook you up with the documents you need for a one year Visa but the last I heard you still need to travel to Laos and go to the consulate which is no fun unless you stand in line with some skinny backpacker chick and get a hook up for the night.

A Japanese guy is running Rompo, the ever colorful Pek is currently AWOL in Klong Toey, most likely he is loosing money gambling on his favorite game which is the Thai version of Chess. He seems to really suck at it but loves the game and loves to bet it on more than anything.

Faisal is opening a old gym back up in Bangkok. He has been hard at work the last few months fixing everything and the last pictures I saw a few days ago it looked really good. The place had gotten run down and he fixed the bathrooms and poured a bunch of new concrete. If anyone is thinking of coming over an you weigh more than 80 Kilo you may want to talk to him about training there because he is set up for training big guys being he himself is a big guy.

The Thailand Vs. Challenger fights going of on the 16th have the fighters psyched and getting ready. Outside of Faisal already winning a WBC Belt last week and the possibility of him fighting in Thailand again in 2010 this should be the biggest fight night of the the year as far as International Muay Thai inside Thailand goes. I want to make it down but I'm busy and will not know till the last second if I can make it or not.

Its Saturday night at midnight, the day is gone, hoping to see some good local fights down at the club on Sunday afternoon, fading out, its been a long day,,,,,

I'm planning to go for 7 weeks. I will be buying tickets in about 2months. Leaving in October. Most likely will be going to Sinbi camp and staying there as well... I have no intentions of drinking and going crazy while in Thailand. Just wana train as hard as i can while being there and visit some temples and historic landmarks. Also i wana get at least 1fight there...

If you are staying at Sinbi for 7 weeks, you can fight for sure. Just tell Sing you want to fight when he thinks you are ready. Make sure you run twice a day before training. Even if it is just a short 5k. It goes a long way in the eyes of the trainers.

If you are staying at Sinbi for 7 weeks, you can fight for sure. Just tell Sing you want to fight when he thinks you are ready. Make sure you run twice a day before training. Even if it is just a short 5k. It goes a long way in the eyes of the trainers.

Thanx for suggestions, i will def. do my best to make that morning run every day as much as i can.

So what do you want to know about? Visas are little bit tight these days so its best to get a one year in your home country before you come if you plan on staying for more than thirty days. Before you could just pop down to Malaysia for a short trip and come back with another thirty day visa but now its only fifteen.

If you show up in Thailand with thirty days and need more than fifteen you will have stand in line all day in Laos or KL then come back the next day and pickup your passport for sixty more days.

A couple places like the Fox Camp at Samui can hook you up with the documents you need for a one year Visa but the last I heard you still need to travel to Laos and go to the consulate which is no fun unless you stand in line with some skinny backpacker chick and get a hook up for the night.

A Japanese guy is running Rompo, the ever colorful Pek is currently AWOL in Klong Toey, most likely he is loosing money gambling on his favorite game which is the Thai version of Chess. He seems to really suck at it but loves the game and loves to bet it on more than anything.

Faisal is opening a old gym back up in Bangkok. He has been hard at work the last few months fixing everything and the last pictures I saw a few days ago it looked really good. The place had gotten run down and he fixed the bathrooms and poured a bunch of new concrete. If anyone is thinking of coming over an you weigh more than 80 Kilo you may want to talk to him about training there because he is set up for training big guys being he himself is a big guy.

The Thailand Vs. Challenger fights going of on the 16th have the fighters psyched and getting ready. Outside of Faisal already winning a WBC Belt last week and the possibility of him fighting in Thailand again in 2010 this should be the biggest fight night of the the year as far as International Muay Thai inside Thailand goes. I want to make it down but I'm busy and will not know till the last second if I can make it or not.

Its Saturday night at midnight, the day is gone, hoping to see some good local fights down at the club on Sunday afternoon, fading out, its been a long day,,,,,

You know when you stop arguing you actually have alot to offer this thread. Would it be possible for you to do a write up on how you came to be in thailand, what you do there and how you find life etc?

this is why i hardly read this thread anymore, the bar girl section was a bit ridiculous but neccesary i think... the rest of the bull shit on this thread makes me sick... i wish i could teep the shit out of most the people posting here

its like most of the questions that come up are things i checked out on google before my first trip. sherdog is NOT a god damn search engine. people should do research first, and if they have a camp related question, or area specific, etc be my guest. but all this bull shit about visa runs and everything... go look yourself

also good for douchebags that dont want to do their own research, check out MuayThaiLand - Living and Training at Authentic Muay Thai Boxing Camps in Thailand (as stated before many times) its full of information about everything people ask on here and is a fun forum as well not moderated by douche bags rubbing their e-cock. (no offense stand up mods are fine by me : )

this question is for anybody who has experience staying at Sinbi.

Where do you guys recommend staying at? I read on their website that they only have 10 rooms in their camp, which doesnt seem like a whole lot.

If i were able to secure a room on camp would that be best option or are there better places off the camp?

All I would prefer was that the room has it's own bathroom and a western style toilet.

Shoot me a PM, I'll get you in touch with a nice lady who owns a few apartments right around the corner from Sinbi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back