Social Qanon Megathread V1

Yeah, what's the argument? I'm just recommending that people actually read it because the arguments that C&H make are more interesting than just some silly CT about the media lying, and because it's incredibly harmful for people to think that any information that doesn't confirm their biases is "lies" that they can ignore. That, IMO, is how we get to the state where a good chunk of political arguments are based on false beliefs (climate change is a hoax, tax cuts for rich people don't add to the deficit, etc.).

The specific area of disagreement is clear. I think your model of media bias is both wrong and harmful. The MSM is hypervigilant about factual accuracy.

my model does not vary from noam chomsky's in any significant way. you have assumed and are now backtracking. you dont even know what my model is.

interesting that you think ct theories are more responsible for lack of trust and the propagation of misinformation than the fact that our most trusted news sources are propaganda machines and have been for years and years........

i would think that the existence of truly accurate news sources over time would in itself lead to the dissolution of ct factories as it is the very mistrust of media, the well earned mistrust of media, that is an underlying cause of ct's and the fertile ground that foments them.

in fact you point out the serious problem of ct's often ive noticed but i have personally never heard you lament the fact that our msm news sources and papers are propaganda arms, even when that fact seems directly relevant to an argument or position of another poster.

you know i read it. i just layed out the 5 filters of propaganda off the top of my head.

is there an argument here "jack the sophist", because all i see is wrong assumptions about my position and baseless accusations coming from you here.
First time "debating" jack, huh?

Trump's pardon of Lil Wayne said to be the breaking point for 'QAnon Shaman' in new court documents filled with bizarre anecdotes

Master.jpg

"He has been known to "capture and release" insects rather than kill them.

And he reflected on his life choices when President Donald Trump pardoned the rapper Lil Wayne last month.

These bizarre anecdotes are in court documents filed on Tuesday by counsel for the QAnon Shaman, Jacob Anthony Chansley, seeking a pretrial release.

In a video court hearing, Chansley told a judge that his body suffered when he ate food that was not "made by God." A federal judge eventually ordered the Washington, DC, jail to feed Chansley an organic diet."

Trump's pardon of Lil Wayne said to be the breaking point for 'QAnon Shaman' in new court documents filled with bizarre anecdotes | Business Insider India

I'm not insinuating or alleging anything. But Lil' Wayne could pay for a "platinum pardon" with $$$. What was the Q-Shaman going to pay with?

Screams?!?!?

img603593c9d920880018591ad1.jpg

Ive read a couple of his books...

Power and Hegemony was a great read as well ....certainly thought provoking

I think most of us (most people who care enough about political philosophy to even read places like this) have had our eyes opened in some ways by Chomsky, even if we have some disagreements with him. One of the smartest political commentators out there. That's one reason it's annoying to me to see him misrepresented as just a standard idiot CTer, the way SG did.

I think most of us (most people who care enough about political philosophy to even read places like this) have had our eyes opened in some ways by Chomsky, even if we have some disagreements with him. One of the smartest political commentators out there. That's one reason it's annoying to me to see him misrepresented as just a standard idiot CTer, the way SG did.

quote the specific area of disagreement jack or quit lying about me.

@Social Distance Warrior

my model does not vary from noam chomsky's in any significant way. you have assumed and are now backtracking. you dont even know what my model is.

You were saying that the MSM regularly lies, no? That's clearly not what C&H's thesis was in that book. Why not just be honest? You can promote your own CT without pretending that they agree with you, can't you?

interesting that you think ct theories are more responsible for lack of trust and the propagation of misinformation than the fact that our most trusted news sources are propaganda machines and have been for years and years........

i would think that the existence of truly accurate news sources over time would in itself lead to the dissolution of ct factories as it is the very mistrust of media, the well earned mistrust of media, that is an underlying cause of ct's and the fertile ground that foments them.

You would think very wrong. Any source of information that is accurate will piss off people who believe things that are not accurate. If I believe that climate change is a Chinese hoax, and the media reports accurately on the issue, I will think they're lying. Just to provide one example. It's not inaccuracy that leads to mistrust.

he is a sophist.

Yes, yes. Everyone who disagrees with you deserves some kind of nasty name. I get it. Bad Jack. Don't disagree with SG or you're sub-human.

interesting that this thread is still in the war room, but the thread about Crowder showing clear voter fraud and then being censored is sent to the great beyond.
You should update the election fraud thread.

You were saying that the MSM regularly lies, no? That's clearly not what C&H's thesis was in that book. Why not just be honest? You can promote your own CT without pretending that they agree with you, can't you?

You would think very wrong. Any source of information that is accurate will piss off people who believe things that are not accurate. If I believe that climate change is a Chinese hoax, and the media reports accurately on the issue, I will think they're lying. Just to provide one example. It's not inaccuracy that leads to mistrust.

Yes, yes. Everyone who disagrees with you deserves some kind of nasty name. I get it. Bad Jack. Don't disagree with SG or you're sub-human.

you are the only person i think is a sophist on this forum. quit pretending i do this with anyone who disagrees with me. that is another of the many lies you tell hoping your credibility (such as it is) will obfuscate that fact.

here is a direct quote from me above. address this or go away and for god sakes quite lying intentionally.

if your argument is that none of the people involved in propagating propaganda ever have a moral choice to make because they are so thoroughly indoctrinated that they truly never see through it you would be arguing against reason and certainly against chomsky's take on the matter.

if your argument is that my position is that news reporters and publishers are always aware of the misinformation they tell then you are assuming something i don't think.

edit for added content. here is the original post from me that you quoted and made your false assumptions from. this should make it all very easy to address.

everybody ought to read noam chomsky's book "manufacturing consent" and realize that both sides are absolute propagandists, that all of the news media are propagandists and that we need to call out lies, not sides or all is lost.

Last edited:
Funny, I just saw a car covered in “Q” stickers and my good friend severed ties with his brother because he couldn’t stand his incessant and psychotic Q-ramblings.

Just when you thought Lyin Tucker Carlson couldn't reach any lower. He's now stating that Qanon doesn't exist because "we spent all day trying to find it" and "it's not even a website".

He goes on to say that people shouldn't tell you what to think and if they do, you are a slave. Does anyone see the issue with that statement? Here is a guy, lying to you and saying not to believe the truth because then you are a slave while telling you to believe him, a guy who had to state in court that his show is not credible. This is the same thing Lyin Donald Trump said to his followers. That only Trump should be believed. How did that turn out? Apparently, when you believe a liar, you get lied to.

Tucker Carlson is a national treasure. Stay away from him you dirty leftists. I know you're looking for another scalp.

S
Lol at pretending not to know about Qanon in the year 2021.
So what they about ? Just hardcore Yrump fans and don’t like Rino’s or GOP? They just hate lefty or liberals too ? What separates them from Republicans?

S

So what they about ? Just hardcore Yrump fans and don’t like Rino’s or GOP? They just hate lefty or liberals too ? What separates them from Republicans?
Its funny because almost no one posting shit like that actually seems to know what it is either. I think 2 people in the whole thread have actually tried to articulate what it is.

Back