Range reports: Whatcha do this week?

I really want a bow.

Biggest mouse/shiner I ever got was from a bow. Imagine an unsupervised kid about 7 years old who can't hit shit and throws the bow at the ground in frustration. Now imagine that bow bouncing back up a little. I can't remember the lie I told to the adults, but I recall not wanting to admit the injury was self-inflicted due to stupidity. :oops::rolleyes:

Had another range day at the PD. Shot the shit out of the new pistol but forgot to put Chapstick on the lens of my Streamlight weapon light so I had to spend forever scrubbing all the carbon off it.

We did some breaching training on a steel training door and I embarrassed the shit out of myself. Couldn't get a solid footing on the gravel and just banged away on the door to no avail with the ram... Ah well. Still out shot the SWAT guys on both pistol and rifle.

Shot my bear kodiak bow some last night. I really like that thing.

If you were interested in upgrading to it Cabelas has it for $379 free shipping.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/SIG-...edium=AFF&utm_source=35987&rid=12&WT.tsrc=AFF

I'm extremely tempted to buy it. The great debacle, will it go down in price for blackfriday/cybermonday.

For the price you could buy a couple AR lowers and sell them when Hillary's president and make some loot, and then buy it?

I was too lazy to read through all the specs, is that thing Nightvision compatible? (I'm guess in not, but who knows)

The price is tempting to be sure, I'm still getting mileage from the yardage pro, but I my next purchase I want one of these contraptions:

WF0I8698.jpg

Last edited:
Been waiting for Cabelas to have a package deal. No one in my town sells bows.

I usually order from hunters friend. They are really good at setting up bows and then I can make small tweaks on my own.

The Fred bear kodiak is a recurve hunting bow, I shot a deer with it a few years ago but once im living in the states full time I plan to shoot more with it. All the other stuff inkilled with a bow was with compound bows.

So shot out to 935 yards with a 6.5 Creedmoor. Using factory Hornady 140gr eld. Using a magnetospeed v3 rifle was getting 2685 fps average out of 26". 7.4 mil drop out to that distance.

20161118_170615_zpslj5a9seu.jpg

20161118_195937_zpsfe58ale1.jpg

Last edited:
I shot bows today for a few hours. Tried some new Hoyt stuff and also a moxie antigen. Also shot a Matthews Safari, inused to have one of them but sold it awhile back, fun bow but my shoulders are pretty sore from pulling 85lbs all day.

I really want a bow.
Ive never had a bow, and Im a big fan of Arrow, so its inspired me to get one to teach myself. It would be good to know how to use in a variety of situations I think.

Spent most of Saturday up at Coyote Valley Sporting Clays in San Jose, CA shooting clays and enjoying some great company.

So shot out to 935 yards with a 6.5 Creedmoor. Using factory Hornady 140gr eld. Using a magnetospeed v3 rifle was getting 2685 fps average out of 26". 7.4 mil drop out to that distance.

20161118_170615_zpslj5a9seu.jpg

20161118_195937_zpsfe58ale1.jpg

How consistent was it/you at that distance?

Could you tell if it bucked wind or did anything better than anything else?

How consistent was it/you at that distance?

Could you tell if it bucked wind or did anything better than anything else?

Definitely better than .308. About 1 foot less drift(5 mph) and 5.5' less drop.

The scope was acting fucky. The click adjustments weren't correlating to the hits. 1 click was jumping a couple feet at that distance for some reason. So I couldn't fine tune a zero for that distance. But holding a 1' high and left about 6" I was getting very consistent hits in about a 12" diameter group with many hits in a 6" chest flap. Probably could have been consistent sub moa if I didn't have to hold over.

But anyway with the scope. We were quite confused. We took it back out last week. Brought it back to the 100y zero. It was off like 2" down and 4" left. So 6 clicks(.1 mil adjustments) up and 12 right. 2 shot groups touching each other but it was an inch high and 2 to the right. Scope was level and all that. So a few more adjustments we get the thing zeroed. We mess with adjustments from there and it still is fucky but shoots tight consistent groups after the adjustments.

We decided to return it to zero and put up another shoot n c. Out of nowhere it starts matching the inputs. 6 clicks right, tight group 2" right of center. 12 clicks left, tight group 2" left of center. 6 clicks back right and 6 up, 2" high, 12 clicks down, 2" low.

Basically left really confused but it was working perfectly. To be continued I suppose.

Definitely better than .308. About 1 foot less drift(5 mph) and 5.5' less drop.

The scope was acting fucky. The click adjustments weren't correlating to the hits. 1 click was jumping a couple feet at that distance for some reason. So I couldn't fine tune a zero for that distance. But holding a 1' high and left about 6" I was getting very consistent hits in about a 12" diameter group with many hits in a 6" chest flap. Probably could have been consistent sub moa if I didn't have to hold over.

But anyway with the scope. We were quite confused. We took it back out last week. Brought it back to the 100y zero. It was off like 2" down and 4" left. So 6 clicks(.1 mil adjustments) up and 12 right. 2 shot groups touching each other but it was an inch high and 2 to the right. Scope was level and all that. So a few more adjustments we get the thing zeroed. We mess with adjustments from there and it still is fucky but shoots tight consistent groups after the adjustments.

We decided to return it to zero and put up another shoot n c. Out of nowhere it starts matching the inputs. 6 clicks right, tight group 2" right of center. 12 clicks left, tight group 2" left of center. 6 clicks back right and 6 up, 2" high, 12 clicks down, 2" low.

Basically left really confused but it was working perfectly. To be continued I suppose.

To be continued indeed.

Makes me think it'll be saving the screwy-ness for the next time you need it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back