Ranked Fighters that did not compete in 2023

Hell, even Tony wasn't dropping at first for the same reason. "He only lost to the champ, the last contender, and the next contender."

Yeah and in no world should a guy be consecutively booked against those 3 opponents to make a losing streak. The #50 ranked guy would have lost those 3 fights in a row too, that tells us nothing. Losses should mean dropping, and a really good top ranked fighter should end up turning that around pretty quickly.

I've always said, your record is your resume, and you gotta keep that shit updated. He's applying for the title contender position, and the interviewer should be going, "Can you explain these gaps?"
I don't think fighters should be ranked #1 or #2 after losing a title fight just because "they only lost to the champ". Give them a top 10 and then a top 5 and see where they really belong.

UFC money can't be that bad then.

How many of us could go "without a year of working"?

I make $110 an hour, but no way can I just "not work for a year."
He's still working, he's just not UFC'ing, cuz his everything else is holding him over just fine.

So actually quite the opposite of the point you were trying to make

Do you think Kattar can stop Aljos TDs sir?
Or do you think Aljo can take his back and slap on the body triangle and ride it out?

Kattar's age and coming back off a serious knee injury has me doubting his ability to keep Aljo off of him, especially in a 3 rounder where Aljo will have tons of energy to spam takedowns the entire fight. If kattar looks like he did before, I think he should be able to get the nod though. He's a big guy and has shown excellent tdd throughout his career.

Kattar's age and coming back off a serious knee injury has me doubting his ability to keep Aljo off of him, especially in a 3 rounder where Aljo will have tons of energy to spam takedowns the entire fight. If kattar looks like he did before, I think he should be able to get the nod though. He's a big guy and has shown excellent tdd throughout his career.

Im pulling for Kattar but like you said, his mobility is the biggest question mark in this one.
Aljo is going to be much bigger too, so he won't be as depleted as he usually is which could slow him a tad, but also help his cardio which he's never really had an issue with.

Honestly hope Kattar can catch him coming in though.

Define "he," as the original post mentioned several fighters.
Oh, ma b, broseph, for some reason, I had just imagined the conversation was still heavily on Ortega.

But a lot of them were out for a reason, or have some supplemental income

Oh, ma b, broseph, for some reason, I had just imagined the conversation was still heavily on Ortega.

But a lot of them were out for a reason, or have some supplemental income

Well, my comment was collective.

That said, every fighter in the universe has "supplemental income."

My point is, "by whatever means," life can't be "too bad" for ANY of these fighters ,,,

The fact that any adult person "doesn't have to fight (work)" for a year means they have enough money to take care of themselves for that amount of time.

I don't have that, and not many normal professionals do.

My point is, "by whatever means," life can't be "too bad" for ANY of these fighters ,,,

The fact that any adult person "doesn't have to fight (work)" for a year means they have enough money to take care of themselves for that amount of time.

Isn't that as simple as just increasing times into the supplemental? I have a bunch of clients I work with who have a full and part time job. I dont imagine that if they stop working at one, the other stays unchanged.

Some fighters are coaches, for example. And less training camps means they can get steadier pay with coaching

Some of these people I'm willing to give a pass ie, Moicano, Kattar, due to the severity of their injuries and Esparza for the pregnancy.

Rakic had a fight booked and his opponent pulled out and they couldn't replace them in time. so that was out of his control

Others like Schnell, Ortega, Cruz, Perez, Stipe, chandler appear to be sitting out to sit out or are habitual pull outs(looking at the FLWs here)

I kind of don't care about Cruz not fighting him being inactive in no way holds up the division he's in the bottom half of the top 15 and BW's top guys seem to fight pretty regularly.

Isn't that as simple as just increasing times into the supplemental? I have a bunch of clients I work with who have a full and part time job. I dont imagine that if they stop working at one, the other stays unchanged.

Some fighters are coaches, for example. And less training camps means they can get steadier pay with coaching

Impossible to say.

One thing for sure is, were they not you will see stars, they wouldn't have their "supplemental income" either.

E. g., Conor may not "need" the UFC anymore ... but he would be shit without the exposure he gained from the UFC.

So, again, I renew my statement that those UFC fighters, who don't need to fight for a whole year, can thank the UFC for this status.

Anybody who hasn't fought in 365 days should not be ranked, no exceptions.

"No exceptions" is always a dangerous territory. All you need are a couple of opponents in a row who pull out at the last moment, and you could be out through no fault of your own.

I can't believe the UFC holds much blame in this. I would think they'd want all the rank fighters fighting as much as possible since it would mean more money to them.

Chiasson was supposed to fight Yana Santos in July but Macy withdrew with some type of injury.

She was scheduled for the first card of 2024 (Jan. 13 vs Ketlen Vieira) but Vieira is now injured.

I would argue for a lot of UFC fighters fighting in the UFC is their supplemental income. Am I supposed to be impressed that a bunch of UFC fighters can financially survive without doing their side hustle for a year?

They still have to work for the year, but their work is something else.

I would argue for a lot of UFC fighters fighting in the UFC is their supplemental income. Am I supposed to be impressed that a bunch of UFC fighters can financially survive without doing their side hustle for a year?

They still have to work for the year, but their work is something else.

No shit?
People have to work?
They have to make life-choices?

It's so unfair ...

Ufc where the best fight the best 3x a year lol

Back