Conor
James Toney
Overeem
JDS
Aldo
Saki
Machida
Schilt

He's in the top tier for MMA. Guys like Toney and Saki are there based on striking credentials rather than MMA success.

giphy.gif

This is his top 20 list in a thread made an hour ago.

Greatest strikers in MMA history:

1. GSP
2. Fedor
3. Cro Cop
4. Dillashaw
5. Gustafsson
6. Garbrandt
7. Wonderboy
8. Igor V
9. Stipe
10. Shogun
His assessment on Conor is in the same thread.

Conor has slow hands, overrated power and F level athleticism

He couldn't even jump onto a 2 foot tall log lmao

Guy is a bait artist, a shit troll.

He is great but not the best. I dont think he can pass Wonderboy, Rockhold, Anderson, TJ, Cody.

Is that the dude who got knocked out by a sloppy wrestler and outstruck by Ryo Chonan before getting spectacularly finished?

He also got tooled by Chael Sonnen (lol) on the feet in their first fight.
Old man, uninterested Anderson handed Chris the Fluke that KO on a silver platter.

This is what happened when prime Weidman stopped fighting past their prime Brazilians.

3CD63EAE-FDE4-4E3A-80AC-B6C586BF6ECD.jpeg
2AFB4D51-EA4E-4BB8-995C-7D560796930D.jpeg
FB85F619-D76E-4BB7-857A-E0B087B1D4FE.jpeg
796D5746-0127-4051-9644-CE90593C3033.jpeg

Conor relies on his solid chin far too much

I'd say Holloway at this point based on starching aldo twice

Conor is a great striker, no doubt. But he’s had significant reach advantages in most of his fights. It’s easier to use distance well when no one can hit you back.

But as far as technical greatness, there’s levels to this shit.

PKgumEo.gif

Last edited:
Most diverse counter striker ever but lets be real, Andy was putting counter clinics on guys like forest, leben, bader. The best striker he took out was with a front kick that wasn't a counter, and the best striker he countered against was okami.

Conor is a much more technical counter striker where he slips stuff by centimeters and throws fight ending shots. He took out the 10yr undefeated fw goat with a sliding back counter left, while aldo was mid throw. Conor's just a more accomplished counter striker.

Best there is, best there was, best there ever will be. That's KOFight228's opinion.

He’s great at what he does but he just spams left cross, left uppercut and left teep.

Just playing devils advocate but it’s partly true. He’s just great at making it work with his range, quickness, reaction, body work.

He has no lead hook (typically a quick power weapon), his right hand is not strong it’s just to pivot for his left again n again, he has no mid to high kicks (just teep to body), he has no knee from outside nor clinch.

His weapons seem limited is all, he is a great striker and his teeps are an underrated weapon.

Old man, uninterested Anderson handed Chris the Fluke that KO on a silver platter.

This is what happened when prime Weidman stopped fighting past their prime Brazilians.

View attachment 441505
View attachment 441511
View attachment 441509
View attachment 441507

? Old man Anderson...

Silva was on a 16 fight streak when he first fought weidman. He had also finished his last 4 opponents in under 2 rounds.

Weidman absolutely mauled Silva both times they fought.

Funny how Silva fanatics try to rewrite history. Suddenly Silva who looked unbeatable in 16 prior fights was suddenly past prime for the weidman fights

Guess those failed drug tests are being swept under the rug as well....

I say yes

His distance management, footwork, and ability to cut angles and cut off the ring are second-to-none. Only TJ Dillashaw and GSP are in the same ballpark imo. Silva relied more on timing and reflexes but his fundamentals were very poor.

What say you?

Truly a work of art right here. Using his lead hand to gauge distance and then his subtle feints with the rear hand + anticipation lead to this 13 second KO of the previous GOAT Featherweight.

LOL conor fanboys are so silly.
Kid, Aldo is still FW GOAT.

And Anderson Silva puts Conor to shame as a striker. And he had the balls to defend his belt.

And mods do nothing

<SelenaWow>

Good call out. Was about to go back and check, wondering if I had mixed poster names up in my head.

He’s great at what he does but he just spams left cross, left uppercut and left teep.

Just playing devils advocate but it’s partly true. He’s just great at making it work with his range, quickness, reaction, body work.

He has no lead hook (typically a quick power weapon), his right hand is not strong it’s just to pivot for his left again n again, he has no mid to high kicks (just teep to body), he has no knee from outside nor clinch.

His weapons seem limited is all, he is a great striker and his teeps are an underrated weapon.

I said it once and I’ll say it again, Conor is basically a southpaw with some pop.

This is rare, since southpaws are already rare and southies with power even more rare and to top it off, Conor has good speed. To me, he’s basically a miniature Vitor Belfort catching everyone with a punch they can’t prepare for since 90% of sparring partners are conventional.

*Its also why ANY athletic southpaw tends to have a decent win rate in virtually any sport. This isn’t rocket science.

Last edited:
Back