Media Real Madrid, the biggest soccer team and most followed sports franchise in the world, collab posted with Ilia

Lol. Reminds me of a headline from The Onion. Dude who spent an hour on internet now posts as expert on the Middle EaEast.l
I must have seen 20+ MMA stories today from my Spanish people today, literally nothing before...

Apparently it was free to watch on EuroSport there, and it was carnival weekend, so everyone got coked up all day, then went home to watch it in their carnival costumes... Honestly sad to have missed it.

Been trying for years to get then into it too...

WOW

Cowboys, Yankees, Patriots, Giants, Rams, Knicks, Bears, Raiders are only sports teams worth more. Madrid is valued at $6.7 billion dollars. They have 153 million followers on IG. For reference Lakers have 24 million.

Feels like Ilia is on verge of being the biggest superstar in UFC. If Justin KOs or seriously hurts Max then Ilia might not have a real threat @ FW for a long time too.

It just shows you how regional MMA still is

Lupin finally found a fighter he won't shit on when he has a bad performance down the road as he's so popular and just won the title. Wait, that's impossible, lol.

Forgive my ignorance / I know nothing about team sports.

I thought soccer was the biggest sport in the world? How can one of the biggest teams of the biggest sport be smaller than some football teams that aren't even at the top of their sport?

Basically because NFL is a closed market with one big league whereas if you want to buy a soccer team you have plenty to choose from across multiple leagues.

Also soccer teams aren't that profitable because although the turnover is massive the outgoings are insane in terms of transfer fees and wages.

WOW

Cowboys, Yankees, Patriots, Giants, Rams, Knicks, Bears, Raiders are only sports teams worth more. Madrid is valued at $6.7 billion dollars. They have 153 million followers on IG. For reference Lakers have 24 million.

Feels like Ilia is on verge of being the biggest superstar in UFC. If Justin KOs or seriously hurts Max then Ilia might not have a real threat @ FW for a long time too.

Lmao.

Real Madrid claiming him as a “Madridista”while he isn’t even from or representing Madrid, Topuria is from Alicante.

This is like the Spanish equivalent of the New York Yankees claiming Ilia as a “New Yorker” while he’s actually living and training in Pittsburgh.

Lmao.

Real Madrid claiming him as a “Madridista”while he isn’t even from or representing Madrid, Topuria is from Alicante.

This is like the Spanish equivalent of the New York Yankees claiming Ilia as a “New Yorker” while he’s actually living and training in Pittsburgh.

They just mean he's a Real Madrid fan

they mention him because he wants ufc spain event in real madrid's stadium :D

$$$

2qCyqlf.png

the UFC needs to change this flag if they want to reach their full potential in the Spanish market

I spend a lot of time in Spain, and have a lot of friends there.

Suddenly my instagram feed is full of overnight Spanish MMA experts... Its hilarious tbh.

FINALLY they have a spanish champ so... :D

Everyone became an expert over night

Forgive my ignorance / I know nothing about team sports.

I thought soccer was the biggest sport in the world? How can one of the biggest teams of the biggest sport be smaller than some football teams that aren't even at the top of their sport?
The following video gives a great explanation as to why NFL teams are richer than many of the worlds biggest Soccer Teams

Back