Realistically, who is able to beat Charlie Olives?

0-2 vs. Dustin
poirier_original_crop_650x440.jpg
I don't get you..?

No, It’s really that far off. Holloway hasn’t beaten one notable opponent at LW but he’s gonna come in and dust off the champion who just had 2 incredible finishes over elite fighters. One of those guys Max lost to

not happening
Holloway already beat Oliveira lol

His biggest flaw is his boxing defense so I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Gaethje clips and finishes him early but aside from that I don't really see any other way they win. And yes, Charles should still be favored over Justin.

Yeah a guy who hasn’t beaten anyone notable at LW and got beaten up by the guy Charles just finished in under 3 rounds is gonna be Oliveras Kryptonite.

some hot take
Max literally has a win over Charles tho lol

He has been knocked down alot. Chandler was very close to winning, Dustin knocked him down, and Justin his very hard. Justin can definitely won. The obvious key to anyone is to not get taken down

1. Makhachev (#4)/Dariush (#3) Winner
2. Arman Tsarukyan (#13); Demonstrated serious knockout power in his last fight and would be very difficult to submit due to his own grappling.
3. Joel Alvarez #15; Demonstrated serious knockout power in his last fight and is himself a submission artist.

Last edited:
Charles is an amazing talent but he's getting tagged hard in first rounds. Benny, Islam, Justin, Chandler, Fizev and yes...even dustin and McGregor can beat Charles.

Beneil and Islam are Oliveira's toughest matchups.

They are skilled enough on the ground to pose a threat, there's no gaurentee they can finish, but I do not see Oliveira completely dominating on ground or getting dominated.

Striking i see Oliveira having the edge with both but seeing how much damage he absorbs on the feet, Beneil would have a better chance with his heavy hands.

Gaethje, could also put Oliveira away, but as the fight wears on I see Oliveira taking over and getting the sub

Gaethje. I want to see what Charles does when his opponent doesn't fade.

Because he lost to Dustin that means he must lose to Oli as well? Oli as in the guy he finished already within a round . . .
Wasn’t even a real win lol at Max celebration after that injury. And lol at you for bringing that fight up and not even watching it. Meanwhile max still fighting midgets at 145 and losing while Charles the 155 champion.

I think Islam can suffocate his BJJ and it would be 50/50 against Justin. I’m not encouraged by the fact that he gets dropped. I think he’s a beatable champ.

Max Holloway ain’t beating shit at LW

Islam, Justin, and Fiziev (in the future) could potentially all be really tough fights for Charles
Justin is a real threat due to his thunderous punching power and crippling leg kicks.. but I think he will struggle on the ground vs Charles

Back