Reality check: SJWs don't want to help only persecute

Virtue signaling is a silly buzz word. Anytime that anybody voices any moral opinion, they can be accused of virtue signaling.

I wish people would stop using buzz words and express themselves with their own words. That would force deeper thought.

That is not surprising. Look how worked up TS is over it. Some people love having something to rage over, and shit sites like Yahoo know exactly what to post to get clicks.

What do you think would be a better expression than virtue signalling?

To me the obvious difference is a SJW personally attacks/ridicules/corrects someone who says the wrong thing. Speaking out on an issue in general wouldn't make one an SJW.
I'd say openness to dialogue as well.

I'd say openness to dialogue as well.

giphy.webp

Move to Seattle....

These racist fucks are everywhere
It's so bad but so hilarious at the same time.

Be half Japanese and have some pasty white fat fuck with goofy dyed hair try to tell me how all Asians think and I'm just like
tumblr_inline_ovvhblMGww1ra3lr6_540.gif

What do you think would be a better expression than virtue signalling?

I think that debating their actual statement instead of dismissing it as disingenuous would be better. Otherwise, people will just throw the buzz-phrase at the problem and nobody learns anything.

I think that debating their actual statement instead of dismissing it as disingenuous would be better. Otherwise, people will just throw the buzz-phrase at the problem and nobody learns anything.

Very similar to how SLWLs and SJWs call everyone racist, sexist or bigoted .

I heard a guy say "Asian" to describe a person yesterday, and everyone got weird. A hush over the room.

Maybe it's not real but people got seriously fucking weird in the last however many years.
thats because the problem was created by weaving it into mainstream society.

its like the word "fam", who the fuck started that...isnt that originally uk slang?

things are contagious when talked about often. ideas especially will seep itno the minds of others if introduced.

there was no "alt right" 15yrs ago like there is today...but if you introuduce the concept to a frustrated 20yr old white guy...then you just created a problem that wasnt there before.

people in movements automaticaly look for opposition...if there isnt any around...they unintentionally create them....

"look! i was on the bus and a woman said men are scum!!....let me retweet this to all my friends and hopefully a youtuber will talk about it!!"

video gets 1million hits and now everyone is afraid of that woman on the bus...it could be any woman...at any time....maybe someone you know....WATCH OUT!..

He was talking about slavery in Libya.

"But Hillary..." indeed.
There's a difference between social justice in the form of combating legitimate slavery in third world countries, and being in America sitting down to protest "muh rights" when in reality, Americans have it pretty damn good.

Be half Japanese and have some pasty white fat fuck with goofy dyed hair try to tell me how all Asians think and I'm just like

No, it's even more hilarious when you're half asian and an SJW or SLWL lectures you on what movies to watch and that your movie selection should have more POC in it...

Hahahah...

No, it's even more hilarious when you're half asian and an SJW or SLWL lectures you on what movies to watch and that your movie selection should have more POC in it...

Hahahah...
The best bit for me is when they're some Anime weeaboo and going on and on about it... while wearing a T-shirt for the ScarJo GITS movie....

{<jordan}

EDIT:
The most entertaining thing though as they're shopping Uwajimiya is to drop the bomb on them:
"You know the International District is the way it is because until about the 1950s Seattle had on the books and enforced a law dictating where Asians could live right?"

Last edited:

I sort of doubt that really happens to you.

The best bit for me is when they're some Anime weeaboo and going on and on about it... while wearing a T-shirt for the ScarJo GITS movie....

{<jordan}

EDIT:
The most entertaining thing though as they're shopping Uwajimiya is to drop the bomb on them:
"You know the International District is the way it is because until about the 1950s Seattle had on the books and enforced a law dictating where Asians could live right?"
They, them.... Those are racist buzz words, friend. Sounds like you've let an experience with a person sour you.

I sort of doubt that really happens to you.
You'd be incorrect then.

And the reason is I don't look Asian. I look like a giant fat Native, Samoan, or a super tall Mexican not half Japanese.

I'd believe you've met SOMEONE like that. I do not believe its a regular experience for you.
At college up here 3 years ago it was. Taking a 400 level class called "Race and Politics" and outside of the prof you're the only minority can be hilarious as fuck when they can't place WHAT minority you are.

I would point you to the documentary how to start a revolution, or the book it was based on from Dictatorship to Democracy, as a rebutal to this.
Well, admittedly, I haven't really done a deep dive on Gene Sharp (the author of Dictatorship to democracy), but I think it's notable that his work was a major inspiration for the Arab Spring which certainly can't be called non violent, and lead to the rise of the most brutal reactionary movement since the Nazis. I'm not saying that it's impossible for something good to come of this (I'm really holding out hopes for Rojava), but it doesn't really bode well for the idea of peaceful revolution.

Oh, so you Too? Lol
Luckily I was at Western so it was a bunch of UW wannabes from like West Bellevue that didn't have the grades for UW but GOD was it awful.

The best is the "no offense but... *insert something about Mexico"
"I'm not Mexican so why would I take offense you racist?"

Well, admittedly, I haven't really done a deep dive on Gene Sharp (the author of Dictatorship to democracy), but I think it's notable that his work was a major inspiration for the Arab Spring which certainly can't be called non violent, and lead to the rise of the most brutal reactionary movement since the Nazis. I'm not saying that it's impossible for something good to come of this (I'm really holding out hopes for Rojava), but it doesn't really bode well for the idea of peaceful revolution.

You have to differentiate between the CIA use of this playbook, from actual people using it.

Give the documentary a watch. It is interesting in the very least. The part where they show human behavior spreading through a concert, is atleast intellectually intriguing.

I was looking for a link to the full movie, as I believe gene sharp made It free, but I can't find it anywhere now. Weird.

Back