Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

Tournament field for November K-1 event has been announced.

Uehara Makoto vs Pacome Assi
K-JEE vs Antonio Plazibat
Iwashita Masahiro vs Roel Mannaart
Koichi Pettas vs Ibrahim El Bouni

Ugh. I like Plazibat, Mannaart and El Bouni on the card. K-1 Japan reaaaally needs to get over its addiction on putting 4 locals in every card. This is sucky.

Yes, Plazibat is a Superkombat product and a very interesting light heavyweight. He has the potential to make it to the top 10 but honestly he is worse than Belgaroui. El Bouni also does well now but for me Plazibat could be better, although not as good puncher as the Moroccan. And El Bouni is now top 10. Funny is that I know both El Bouni and Kwasi and they are both under Stoica brothers. So the talent pool is poorer.

And Spetcu is also on the card, I am happy for him. The winner between Japanese local Urabe and Spetcu will become official challenger for the title of Wei Rui.

Koya Urabe vs. Cristian Spectu
Hiramoto Ren vs Sasaki Daizo
Yamato Tetsuya vs Nakazawa Jun

And Spetcu is also on the card, I am happy for him. The winner between Japanese local Urabe and Spetcu will become official challenger for the title of Wei Rui.
Sorta doubt they would give Spetcu the rematch even if he upsets Koya. His defeat was pretty onesided. I imagine they bring up Rukiya if Koya slips here.

A friendly reminder that

1. K-1 67.5kg goes down on Monday. Not the greatest card, but some fun superfights and tournament should be a brawl
2. K-1 is implementing KO bonuses from the next event including bonuses for the audience. With every KO, supposedly there will a code or something that people can tweet to be eligible for a lottery with a prize of roughly $2K.

Now, not sure if Abema will honor the winners if they are Softether using pirates, but hey can't hurt

They should pay us FOR being softether using megafans ffs.

Looks like Tenshin is angling for a fight with Ignacio Capllonch in November. Would be a good fight

South American kickboxer that's been taking fights in RISE. Supposedly he is 73-2 or something.

Ignacio-Capllonch-10.jpg

His last opponent named him "totem pole"

Ignacio Capllonch is a kickboxer from argentina with some good TKD background

on the start of his career he was all about moving around the ring throwing unorthodox TKD spinning hook kicks,Tornado kicks ,axe kicks and other stuff

it worked well because he fought against not good level regional competition so his opponents dont knew well how to do against an unexpected offensive style

since then his hands got better and he can now throw some decent straights and short hooks-uppers

but he haves some major flaws

as many TKD stylish kickboxer his stance is too opened to defended and check lowkicks,turning him susceptible to get hurted bad on his rear or back leg,he also sucks a bit on close combat,lots of free knees enters on his mid section for free

he had some fights on WGP against some good guys at national level,his most notable opponent was WGP champion and K-1 Journeyman Paulo Tebar,who lowkicked him up and finished him with a high kick KO in the second round

after this loss he started to train on a more traditional way,balanced kickboxing.

He is 4-1 on wgp promotion(but two of his victories were against really bad guys),his best victory on the promotion was over Ricardo Koreano

this KO was over a can but it was a cool overhand right to watch

Ignacio is 5´5 tall and his original weight is 60kg,so he is going to have some good weight and height advantage over Tenshin to make things interesting

Ignacio Capllonch is a kickboxer from argentina with some good TKD background

on the start of his career he was all about moving around the ring throwing unorthodox TKD spinning hook kicks,Tornado kicks ,axe kicks and other stuff

it worked well because he fought against not good level regional competition so his opponents dont knew well how to do against an unexpected offensive style

since then his hands got better and he can now throw some decent straights and short hooks-uppers

but he haves some major flaws

as many TKD stylish kickboxer his stance is too opened to defended and check lowkicks,turning him susceptible to get hurted bad on his rear or back leg,he also sucks a bit on close combat,lots of free knees enters on his mid section for free

he had some fights on WGP against some good guys at national level,his most notable opponent was WGP champion and K-1 Journeyman Paulo Tebar,who lowkicked him up and finished him with a high kick KO in the second round

after this loss he started to train on a more traditional way,balanced kickboxing.

He is 4-1 on wgp promotion(but two of his victories were against really bad guys),his best victory on the promotion was over Ricardo Koreano

this KO was over a can but it was a cool overhand right to watch

Ignacio is 5´5 tall and his original weight is 60kg,so he is going to have some good weight and height advantage over Tenshin to make things interesting

nice breakdown. I totally missed this guy on WGP. actually haven't watched WGP in a long time now. sounds like Tenshin could fuck him up though.

K-1 going down now. Still prelims.

Supposedly there will be a qq GoH link that lets you bypass the vpn nonsense. @Shadess any confirmation?

damn, I really want to see Kimura win. why they gotta give him Kubo as a first round opponent.

damn, I really want to see Kimura win. why they gotta give him Kubo as a first round opponent.
Kimura used to train with Kubo and considered him a big brother figure. Japan TV feasts upon drama. There was never going to be a happy ending

Back