Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

But people only care about the fights which happened under "international rules". If a thai fights 100 or more times in the stadiums and 10 times abroad, internet logic say that the 10 fights are what should define their career.

who has ever said that?

Damn the Chinese guy looked good but I thought the fight could of gone either way. It wasn't that much of a bad decision that they had to overturn it.

So why didn't they overturn Lerdsila vs Sok Thy? Is it because Sok Thy is Cambodian?
Lerdsila vs Sok Thy rematch is happening this Sat on the Jakarta card.
I expect it will be in a cage this time.

Hope lerdsila comes in better shape, he faded early in the first fight.

The guys who made the ONE finances articles did half a show on them.

Paul, the economist, Jason, the attorney and John, the MMA expert; The Show Money Crew, are back to spew their sometimes educated, sometimes random theories on the only show exclusively dedicated to the business of MMA. This time they cover ONE Championship issues and the (UFC) Anti-Trust Suit.

Cosmo vs Holzken up next

Lerdsila vs Sok Thy rematch just finished. Lerdsila looked in much better shape than he did in their first fight and won every round comfortably.
The cage didn't do Sok Thy any favours with his kind of fighting style.

Good to see Holzken performing in KB again.

happy to see holzken win
sad to see cosmo lose

I did not expect it to go that way tbh

Coming up on 7th Dec, 4 Muay Thai bouts.

47181237_2104898736200037_8558816256860356608_o.jpg

Do they still have Sam-A signed? Or is he retired again? I posted a gif of him online and there was a small discussion and I heard that he retired again and isn't in Evolve gym anymore either. Is this true?

Are they fighting under Muay Thai rules with MMA gloves, or are they fighting under MMA rules without takedowns?

Nice KO, but if people are going to stay quiet about this then I don't want hear any complaints about mismatches in other promotions no more.

Hopefully.

Hope they find a rule set that works for them both. Neither full Thai or KB. Something in between.
Both guys are experienced in both rulesets, it's just a matter of agreeing.

I don't think it gives much advantage to either guy, either way.

Edit: I assume they would be using the big gloves though

Last edited:
Nice KO, but if people are going to stay quiet about this then I don't want hear any complaints about mismatches in other promotions no more.
Yeah this was pretty terrible. Not been a fan of the matchmaking for a lot of their muay thai fights, for kb ones seemingly been a little better.

Marquee name vs. some abcdefg world champion

at ONE it's a given that it'll be mismatches. I don't care for it but it is what you get. and thais fight competitive matches since their teens so IMO it's only fair that they can collect a few easy checks when they're older. with that said, Panpayak did get KTFO by one of these nobodies at Thai Fight;

Hopefully.

Hope they find a rule set that works for them both. Neither full Thai or KB. Something in between.

What would that be? IMO kickboxing rules is just fine for both;

Both guys are experienced in both rulesets, it's just a matter of agreeing.

I don't think it gives much advantage to either guy, either way

muay thai rules is a big advantage for Yod.

Back