Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

I still think that Petrosyan would be the worst matchup for Allazov if he ever came back

Last edited:
Who are some of the better farangs nowadays? Obviously some guys like Julio Lobo, Rafi Bohic have a good record. Fabio Reis and Daniel Rodriguez as well.

Guys like Haggerty, Irwin, Tyson Harrison, Siasirani, have some good wins but not sure if they have proven to be consistent yet.
I really like Daniel Rodriguez. Just finished watching his last fight in RWS. Seems like he's improving with every fight or could just be his opponents.

Haggerty reminds me of petchmorakot. It's on and off. Sometimes he looks really good like he did against NongO even before he got the KO but at other times he looks kinda meh like he did vs kuzmin.

Nico Carillo has looked impressive recently. He's there to be hit but tough.

Johan Ghazali is a 16 year old from Malaysia. Already has had a few fights in ONE friday fights and he looks decent.

The female fighter Yu Yau Pui who recently beat Marie Ruumet has looked relentless in her fights so far. Marie handled the onslaught a lot better than any of the previous opponents.

I really like Daniel Rodriguez. Just finished watching his last fight in RWS. Seems like he's improving with every fight or could just be his opponents.

Haggerty reminds me of petchmorakot. It's on and off. Sometimes he looks really good like he did against NongO even before he got the KO but at other times he looks kinda meh like he did vs kuzmin.

Nico Carillo has looked impressive recently. He's there to be hit but tough.

Johan Ghazali is a 16 year old from Malaysia. Already has had a few fights in ONE friday fights and he looks decent.

The female fighter Yu Yau Pui who recently beat Marie Ruumet has looked relentless in her fights so far. Marie handled the onslaught a lot better than any of the previous opponents.
I feel like many non-thais face less often and therefore have an advantage in preparation and weight cutting. In many fights, they look much bigger than their Thai opponents. Nico Carillo looked like a giant compared to Muangthai.

I feel like many non-thais face less often and therefore have an advantage in preparation and weight cutting. In many fights, they look much bigger than their Thai opponents. Nico Carillo looked like a giant compared to Muangthai.
I agree. Not sure if the same hydration tests are used for the ONE friday fights but if they do I'm not sure how nico passes them. Not only is he bigger but he looks very lean. His first fight in ONE was at 155 where I think he belongs but then he dropped down to 145 for muangthai and I dont see how he could beat a hydration test at that weight unless he has some type of secret formula.

Who are some of the better farangs nowadays? Obviously some guys like Julio Lobo, Rafi Bohic have a good record. Fabio Reis and Daniel Rodriguez as well.

Guys like Haggerty, Irwin, Tyson Harrison, Siasirani, have some good wins but not sure if they have proven to be consistent yet.
Also Osmanov, Collins, and Cajaiba. I think Yusef still takes a fight in Belgium every now and then.

About time. I'll believe it when they're both in the ring. I have a feeling Rodtang will pull out.

Also isn't Superlek in the US for a seminar tour around that time? Shady timing. Let's hope he cancels the tour and trains full time for this.
also they are making this fight on a Friday card?

View attachment 995101
I am trying to not get excited but it’s difficult
also seems like the rest of the card will be epic as well

Isn't Superlek doing a bunch of seminars in the US in September?

Rodtang said in a recent interview that he hasn't really been training too hard for his last couple fights, maybe they are trying to handicap Superlek's prep to even the odds?

View attachment 995101
I am trying to not get excited but it’s difficult
also seems like the rest of the card will be epic as well

On one hand i want the whole card to be epic too, but on the other hand if the rest of the card has to be absolute garbage in order for Rodtang vs Superlek to finally happen, then i'd be ok with that.

Isn't Superlek doing a bunch of seminars in the US in September?

Rodtang said in a recent interview that he hasn't really been training too hard for his last couple fights, maybe they are trying to handicap Superlek's prep to even the odds?

seems like Rodtang has a seminar in Canada in the same period, I don’t know what will happen

On one hand i want the whole card to be epic too, but on the other hand if the rest of the card has to be absolute garbage in order for Rodtang vs Superlek to finally happen, then i'd be ok with that.

Chatri has said that the rest of the card will be huge as well
Basically they are doing a big Friday Fight event every 3 months and this will be the third
late september and the beginning of october may be memorable for One fans

Back