Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

It takes a promoter to offer him those fights.

It's not like he had a fight booked with Petrosyan or anything...
Too bad Petro ducked him...oh sorry I meant injury. Like Chingiz injury before the sittichai fight lol.

Its funny that Petro was supposed to fight Yodwicha. Pulled out due to injury and now will still be fighting in Bellator yet its not against the original opponent? Maybe Yodwichas team have other obligations but I cant help but wonder if Petro team had second thoughts. Yodwichas is a very dangerous opponent for petro. More dangerous than Chingiz IMO.

Anyone who saw yodwichas fight the other night shows exactly why he shouldn't be competing in TopKing. Felt bad for his opponent. He had no business being in there. There are a select few that can compete with him at his weight in muaythai but everyone else are lambs to the slaughter. He should either fight at catch weights in the stadiums against other thais or make that full kickboxing transition. Mismatch fun should be over now. He's been doing this for over 2 years since his last fight against Rittewada. Time for him to step it up and test himself against some of the best in kb.
Or he could go the other route and take MT fights at 75kg vs Toby Smith and the Frenchies.

Or he could go the other route and take MT fights at 75kg vs Toby Smith and the Frenchies.
He beats Toby but than what? Only a few other options at that weight.

At 155 under kb there is marat, chingiz, sittichai, superbon, yodsanklai, petro and so many others.

Anyone who saw yodwichas fight the other night shows exactly why he shouldn't be competing in TopKing. Felt bad for his opponent. He had no business being in there. There are a select few that can compete with him at his weight in muaythai but everyone else are lambs to the slaughter. He should either fight at catch weights in the stadiums against other thais or make that full kickboxing transition. Mismatch fun should be over now. He's been doing this for over 2 years since his last fight against Rittewada. Time for him to step it up and test himself against some of the best in kb.
He mostly fights nobodies in top king. Mazzeti almost beat him

Congrats to Kulabdum on winning the Sports Writers award

panpayak is fighting on the Thai fight event tomorrow
32077615_1826652814061686_2807907725290242048_o.jpg

Well if you want a passive guy like Panpayak to not be passive throw him a can in Thai Fight.

Interesting. I've always thought Panpayak was too passive for these 3 round faster pace fights compared to Superlek but hopefully he proves me wrong.

He's maybe passive (reactive) against *checks résumé...* the best fighters in the world. Ya know, because that's a conducive way to win fights and stuff.

What does Superlek have to do with Panpayak fighting on a Thai Fight show?

He's maybe passive (reactive) against *checks résumé...* the best fighters in the world. Ya know, because that's a conducive way to win fights and stuff.
Its a little more complicated than that. Not every Thai regardless on how successful they are in the stadiums has the right style for foreigners. And when I say right style I don't just mean winning. I mean the right style to win whilst putting on a good show thus building a fan base other than stadium gamblers who only really care about making money.

Like I said hopefully Panpayak proves me wrong.

What does Superlek have to do with Panpayak fighting on a Thai Fight show?
I was comparing them a little while ago on how I felt they would do in these type of fights.

Its a little more complicated than that. Not every Thai regardless on how successful they are in the stadiums has the right style for foreigners.
What would foreigners bring that Panpayak's style couldn't handle, or put on a show with? How is he different from Yodwicha who you cream your pants over now that he's smashing foreigners?

Its a little more complicated than that. Not every Thai regardless on how successful they are in the stadiums has the right style for foreigners. And when I say right style I don't just mean winning. I mean the right style to win whilst putting on a good show thus building a fan base other than stadium gamblers who only really care about making money.

Like I said hopefully Panpayak proves me wrong.

I was comparing them a little while ago on how I felt they would do in these type of fights.

Why pessimistically conclude how an elite fighter will do in this type of environment by reason of how he fights against the absolute best? History tells us the result is heavily tilted to the elite fighter.

What would foreigners bring that Panpayak's style couldn't handle, or put on a show with?
Its more than likely Pan will win but just depends on how he wins. One of the things I hated about some of Sittichai's earlier fights was him not turning up the pressure. Not that he couldn't but instead played it safe.

How is he different from Yodwicha?
How is he not different from Yodwicha? They both have completely different styles. Yodwicha is a walk forward muay khao and Panpayak is a slick southpaw muay tae.

I didn't like Yodwicha at first because of the excessive clinching. I wanted to see him be more well rounded which he has shown but you could tell the power and killer instinct was always there. Panpayak not so sure but we'll see.

Why pessimistically conclude how an elite fighter will do in this type of environment by reason of how he fights against the absolute best? History tells us the result is heavily tilted to the elite fighter.
It wasn't a foregone conclusion. Just pointing out a couple things about his style and wondering if he can switch it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back