Reconstruction: knees & shoulder

Squats (low-bar)
20/40 x 5
60/80 x 3
100/120 x 2
140/155/167.5 x 1
182.5 x 1
150 x 1 x 3

Getting this 182.5x1 was as close as missing that second 177.5 rep was on Friday. Cosmic balance is now restored.

Form was better than last workout, but the groove wasn

Nice, dude. Your first 400 lb squat is a big milestone. I'd say the descent of your speed was the difference between missing that double the other day and hitting that one because you broke right through that sticking point.

^ thanks. It may well be so. My groove was off the other day so it is possible I was focusing more on controlling the weight on the descent. Groove was still not 100% on 182.5, but definitely significantly better.

Throws Class
Worked on discus throws, farm was entirely shitty, way way worse than last Thursday. Nothing went right. Got maybe 3-4 half-decent discus throws, and maybe 30 really shitty ones.

...at the S&C place:

SOHP
60/70 x 1
72.5 x 1 x 4
67.5 x 2 x 3

Chin-ups
BW x 10 x 5

Seated DB Press
17.5 x 10 x 4

Cable Ext./Int. Shoulder Rotations
smthn x 10 x 3

Last edited:
lol at you slapping yourself with that music in the background.
How come you dont have an ipod to the gym!?
Congrats on getting 400 man. That must of felt good, considering the long road of injuries you've had to gone through.

You deserve a bouncebreak, to keep it related:
when training it is important to warm up
xq8Om.gif

then you can squat
jhUCA.gif

then do some core work, so you can be awesome like Miaou and do shit beltless
side-planks-booty.gif

followed by some stretches
a-hot-hardbody-stretching-park.gif

^ thanks, breh!

lol at you slapping yourself with that music in the background.
How come you dont have an ipod to the gym!?
Congrats on getting 400 man. That must of felt good, considering the long road of injuries you've had to gone through.

You deserve a bouncebreak, to keep it related:
when training it is important to warm up
xq8Om.gif

then you can squat
jhUCA.gif

then do some core work, so you can be awesome like Miaou and do shit beltless
side-planks-booty.gif

followed by some stretches
a-hot-hardbody-stretching-park.gif

Lulz! awesome spoiler is awesome. Thanks!

When I started this log I used to carry an old shitty mp3 player with me; it was definitely useful to isolate me from the rest of the gym so I didn't have to listen to the shitty radio music and to other people's chit-chat, and so people would think twice before engaging me with idle talk. Once that broke down a couple of years ago I never bothered buying a new one mainly because I'm a cheap bastard.

One other thing is that, while I'm not responsive to stuff like caffeine, my CNS is fairly responsive to music and finding the right music to match my mood takes a bit of extra work and can sometimes be a bit of a hit or miss (for me it would probably be something that needs to be practiced and refined). When I was still using an mp3 player I'd try to find different type of songs for my warmup, different songs for my worksets, and different songs for the long breaks between heavy worksets; it sometimes became too much of a hassle (especially on a shitty mp3 player like the one I had).

All in all, if I had an ipod hanging around I'd probably use it (at least to some extent), but I don't so I don't! :)

Music makes me.feel like dancing

IMG_0529_2.jpg

Yes I know her face is broke and her body is substandard. Hit the 2x and you'll get an upgrade

^ That is some pretty strong motivation, that pic was horrible!

Squats (low-bar)
20/40 x 5
60/80 x 3
100/120 x 2
130 x 1
140 x 1
150 x 1
160 x 1
170 x 1
150 x 1

Did these at the S&C place (different bars and different racks that the ones I'm used to). Form and muscle activation were not perfect. Without the safety pins set in the precise height that I've gotten used to always squatting over, it was a bit harder for me to have an idea of my depth and how deeper I need to go to get full ROM. 170 was not a grind, but it was much slower than I would've liked.

At this point I'm debating whether I should do another very short session on Thursday where I work up to something like a 140 single, or just do a couple of 100-120 singles, or I'd be better off without it and going straight to Saturday's "meet".

The gym meet will have 5 kg increments. For attempt selection I'm thinking 170-185-190. I'm pretty solid on my second attempt: 185 will give me my much sought-after 2xBW and if anything goes wrong I'll still have another go at it. 190 right after I hit 185 will probably not happen (might have an actual shot at it with an easier second attempt), but whatcha gonna do.

BW this morning = 92.3 kg.

Nice squat, no belt? Good luck on Saturday.

I've never posted here, but every time I read your user name, it sounds more like "meow", like from a cat. Just throwing it out there.

But other than that, good lifting and good luck at your gym meet.

Back