RED SPARROW Starring Jennifer Lawrence (51% Rotten Tomatoes Score)

LMFAO at one female reviewer moaning about how this is an, "Anti-Feminist movie" because of the nude scenes. Yeah, the only people who think that are women so fucking ugly no one wants to see them naked. On screen or anywhere else:rolleyes:

saw it becuase i had moviepass

i swear she keeps the same expression on her face the entire movie, the has the range of a tree. did get naked a couple times.

Which has tended to be my problem with her in the past, theres a difference between subtle and bland, someone like Johansson does the former well(indeed its her main strength I'd say) but Lawrence to me ends up more the latter, she's been better in more conventional roles.

At the end of the day nudity/sex onscreen can go both ways, sometimes its justified for the film, sometimes its obviously just looking for a cheap draw.

havent seen it but i have heard nothing but negative shit about this film from family and friends. Ill still see it but my hopes are down for sure

Okish start being predicted with 17 million but I'd imagine as with most R rated films its probably pretty frontloaded and isn't going to amount to much beyond its budget if that.

Honestly I think if anything exploited a lack of Black Widow film it was Besson's Lucy a few years ago, Ghost in the Shell didn't do much in the US last year for example.

Saw it tonight and actually thought it was a pretty cool film.

It's beautifully photographed and Jennifer Lawrence turns in a good performance. She also looks as good as she ever has and it's clear that she really put in the gym time for this one. Her body is nearly perfect.

It's a bit slow and longer than it needs to be, but overall I found it to be an interesting spy thriller and better than I expected it to be, based on the trailer.

7.5/10

At the end of the day nudity/sex onscreen can go both ways, sometimes its justified for the film, sometimes its obviously just looking for a cheap draw.

The thing is, there's not even that much nudity or sex. For a plot that's based on a character who has been trained to use sex as a weapon, we almost never see her actually do that.

Not that I'm complaining, actually, because it was a pleasant surprise that there was actually a good plot and it didn't just throw a bunch of gratuitous nudity at the screen, but I did notice that there was very little actual sex considering the fact that she went to whore school.

Getting naked in movies is something you do when you are trying to break out or when you are all used up

This is the truth, dont try and argue with me about it

Halle Berry

Come forth to me my Brethren

Went to see it. Had a decent fap at Jennifer's sexy scene, that was about it, bland movie overall

The thing is, there's not even that much nudity or sex. For a plot that's based on a character who has been trained to use sex as a weapon, we almost never see her actually do that.

Not that I'm complaining, actually, because it was a pleasant surprise that there was actually a good plot and it didn't just throw a bunch of gratuitous nudity at the screen, but I did notice that there was very little actual sex considering the fact that she went to whore school.

Boo!

Only thing missing from the Fappening leak was video of her getting pounded.

Still, sounds like one for the wank bank

Vlad Putin is obviously a huge Jennifer Lawrence fan.

"So you have new film coming out in which you play KGB assassin? I give you publicity you cannot buy, Jennifer! Is no problem. I just need to talk to Head of FSB London Station...":D

The movie was an adequate enough spy movie.

My only complaint is that the identity of the mole was so telegraphed they might as well have put a neon sign around his neck.

Just back from seeing it. Solid movie; easily a 7.

This is certainly not a Black Widow-style film or even an attempt to make a female James Bond movie. In fact, if JLaw's character arc resembles anyone, it's Pacino in Godfather - and before I get hit with incoming fire, I'm obviously not comparing the two in terms of quality. But like Michael, Dominika is pulled into a world she tried to avoid by her family, both those she loves and those she hates. And eventually proves to be just as ruthless as everyone else. If not more so. This is fitting, since Russia, including it's security services, is the ultimate Mafia State.

The film is based on a novel by an ex-CIA officer, and it shows. The world of real life spooks is presented as manipulative, sordid and cynical. Violence is not the highly stylised version of Bourne or Bond, but ugly and clumsy; even trained assassins make mistakes. Dominka throws up and screams while being tortured. This is not an easy film to watch. I'm far from squeamish, but even I winced at a couple of scenes. Particularly the leg break and the rape scene.

JLaw gives an excellent central performance as a woman who is forced to become just as manipulative and cold-blooded as those who try to use her. And as others have said, physically she's never looked better; she obviously put in serious gym time. The supporting cast is also uniformly strong.

A good film, but I doubt this will turn into a franchise. It's simply too uncomfortable at times to have mass appeal.

Last edited:
saw it becuase i had moviepass

i swear she keeps the same expression on her face the entire movie, the has the range of a tree. did get naked a couple times.

lol at her taking a year off to "fix our democracy"

She reminds me of that girl from twilight. Always the same exact face no range.

I know nothing about this movie besides my mother watched it on Easter and told me it was good.

Also, I don't know if it was an intentional homage, but the line, "Your body belongs to the State" was first used in the Bond novel, From Russia With Love.

Last edited:
Back