RED SPARROW Starring Jennifer Lawrence (51% Rotten Tomatoes Score)

That's true and if it was just this movie I'd agree but it's all movies I've seen her in. I guess in this movie it works for the character she's playing.

I thought she showed much more range in Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle. In films like this or Hunger Games, she's playing a very stoic character who cannot show weakness.

I didn’t realize people disliked her. I mean there are some really terrible actresses like Kristen Stewart, and Jessica Alba, JLO. But Lawrence has been great in quite a few...American Hustle, Silver Linings. She was great as Katniss in the 3 Hunger Games. I even liked her in Passengers, which is not strong material. And the Fappening was a goat showing. Total butthole excellence.

I thought she showed much more range in Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle. In films like this or Hunger Games, she's playing a very stoic character who cannot show weakness.

American Hustle was more of the same IMO. I'll give you Silver Linings though she was good in that.

My only complaint is that the identity of the mole was so telegraphed they might as well have put a neon sign around his neck.

I really did not see it coming. I kept assuming it was a character who had not yet appeared in the story yet.

Saw it tonight and actually thought it was a pretty cool film.

It's beautifully photographed and Jennifer Lawrence turns in a good performance. She also looks as good as she ever has and it's clear that she really put in the gym time for this one. Her body is nearly perfect.

It's a bit slow and longer than it needs to be, but overall I found it to be an interesting spy thriller and better than I expected it to be, based on the trailer.

7.5/10

I thought it was okay as well, I gave it a 7. The guy who played her uncle was quite good, I can see him playing Putin, he kinda even looks like him.

What really annoyed me was the entire Russian accents throughout the movie. So... let me get this straight, all of these native Russians decide to stop talking to each other in Russian but rather English in poor Russian accents... Okay, got it.. Even at home?<YeahOKJen>

I thought it was okay as well, I gave it a 7. The guy who played her uncle was quite good, I can see him playing Putin, he kinda even looks like him.

What really annoyed me was the entire Russian accents throughout the movie. So... let me get this straight, all of these native Russians decide to stop talking to each other in Russian but rather English in poor Russian accents... Okay, got it.. Even at home?<YeahOKJen>

Lawrence said even the other cast members were surprised by how much he looked like Putin when he was in role. They weren't aiming for that, it just happened.

But he's too tall to play the world's most powerful man(let);)

I didn’t realize people disliked her. I mean there are some really terrible actresses like Kristen Stewart, and Jessica Alba, JLO. But Lawrence has been great in quite a few...American Hustle, Silver Linings. She was great as Katniss in the 3 Hunger Games. I even liked her in Passengers, which is not strong material. And the Fappening was a goat showing. Total butthole excellence.

People hate her because of her Politics. I don't care for that part of her either, but I think she is a decent actress.

People hate her because of her Politics. I don't care for that part of her either, but I think she is a decent actress.

I get that, but 99% of Hollywood has terrible left wing asshat politics. I mean Tom Cruise is in a cult, but I still will watch the Mission Impossible sequel. Actors are stupid.

I get that, but 99% of Hollywood has terrible left wing asshat politics. I mean Tom Cruise is in a cult, but I still will watch the Mission Impossible sequel. Actors are stupid.

A lot of actors don't get this for some reason. That's why they were surprised their support for Hilary in '16 had no effect whatsoever on the final result. They think because the average person enjoys watching their movies, we must also care about their opinions. In reality, we're more like, "Dance for us, trained monkeys! DANCE!"<Lmaoo>

Back