Regardless Of His Blatant Racism, Colby Covington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, because quality of competition has no effect on whether a fighter has wins or losses on their record.

Brilliant. This is up there with all of your "steroids are awesome" threads.
A win is a win, and science and technology is awesome.

is a better notch on Tyron Woodleys's belt (if he wins) than Carlos Condit. Although Carlos Condit is a better celebrity, his record in the UFC is atrocious.

Colby Covington is (8-1) while Carlos Condit is (7-6).

When you use my algorithm of judging fighters, which is purely based on objective data i.e. (1) Longest winning streak (2) Opponent's record on fight night, and (3) Finishing rate, if Tyron Woodley beats Colby Covington, that is a bigger notch than Carlos Condit.

Facts based opinion.
Colby??

Wheres my Boomerang?

Yes, and wins over nobodies < than a mixed record against world-beaters.
If you are losing, maybe you are a nobody get preferential treatment because of your celebrity. The distinction between winner and loser is victory. Winning is everything.

It's always cute when someone as mentally deficient as you thinks they're clever.
When you argue with facts, you don't need mental gymnastics.

Colby "The Racist Snitch" Magana has a better UFC record than Carlos Condit. That's that.

Comparing Colby to Condit in terms of records is like comparing the Las Vegas Golden Knights to the Toronto Maple Leafs only that the Golden Knights have actually beaten great teams while Colby is pure dogshit.

TS consistently makes the worst threads.

giphy.gif

UnselfishFoolhardyBoilweevil-max-14mb.gif

PROBLEM ??

<{vega}>.

I think Colby is a a smart going the heel route as there are barely any heels in MMA. I want to see Colby get his shot at the title... Tyron will stuff a few takedowns and KO him on the feet and it will be glorious. Soooo his shtick obviously works, bc it worked on me!
That's what I've been thinking all this time. The way that he just irks me unlike any other fighter has in the previous 5 years or so must have a reason behind it. Here we have a legitimate heel for once.

is a better notch on Tyron Woodleys's belt (if he wins) than Carlos Condit. Although Carlos Condit is a better celebrity, his record in the UFC is atrocious.

When you use my algorithm of judging fighters, which is purely based on objective data i.e. (1) Longest winning streak (2) Opponent's record on fight night, and (3) Finishing rate, if Tyron Woodley beats Colby Covington, that is a bigger notch than Carlos Condit.

Facts based opinion.

So Condit's losses to Woodley, and afterwards count against him here? Are you ever not on drugs? Covington fought 5 guys who will never sniff the top ten, and lost to one of them. *ALL* of Condit's UFC opponents have been ranked in the top ten at some point.

i, for one, totally appreciate the threadstarter's refreshing approach to an objective based ranking system through robust algorithm. i would love to see complete rankings for each division using this algorithm. [/sarcasm]

Facts based opinion.
Brazilian isnt a race you dumb fukk

NBK was the WEC WW champion ( Successfully defended 3 times ). Yes, I know... You said UFC record. But, it’s also about context.

Lost a SD to Kampmann in his UFC debut.

Then beat Ellenberger, Rory, Hardy, and DHK in succession. Then beat Nick to become the Interim Champion.

Lost to GSP ( EVERY fighter the GOAT EVER fought lost to him ). No shame in that.

Then he lost to PRE-USADA Hendricks. Only 3 fighters were able to beat Pre-USADA Hendricks. All 3 were by decision. Johny’s record since USADA pretty much explains that. Absolutely, ZERO shame in losing to that version of Hendricks.

He then avenged the Kampmann loss. And, also beat Alves.

Since Hendricks, he also lost to Woodley, Robbie, and Maia. With VERY MANY ppl thinking he actually beat Robbie in that Title Fight.

And, I think that decision loss to Robbie in a title fight, just took his will to fight. Helping to explain the quick loss to Maia. When you devote your life to one goal like that. And then get screwed over. It can take the wind out of your sail.

Colby beat both DHK, and Maia by decision. And who else ??? A bunch of guys nobody ever heard of.

The strength of those resumes don’t even compare.

And, wtf is this “ racist “ shit ?

wthayta.gif

No one cares about Condits record because he turns up to KILL

Except the Diaz fight but hey
That was for his first taste of gold

So Condit's losses to Woodley, and afterwards count against him here? Are you ever not on drugs? Covington fought 5 guys who will never sniff the top ten, and lost to one of them. *ALL* of Condit's UFC opponents have been ranked in the top ten at some point.
He still lost. I go with facts. Didn't Colby just beat the guy who choke out Condit and made him quit MMA? LOL

I keep seeing these threads pop up and have yet to see one of his fights. The closest thing to a fight of his I’ve seen was getting whacked by a boomerang, and from the sound of it that exchange was more entertaining than his last bout.

No one cares about Condits record because he turns up to KILL

Except the Diaz fight but hey
That was for his first taste of gold
Still disappointed to this day that fight didn’t pan out as expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back