Rematches that never happened where you would take the loser to win

Shogun vs. Hendo III

Just keep fighting him until he's old enough to get ktfo? Pretty dangerous game though as shogun also declined badly after those fights.

Doesn't really explain why he was getting his ass kicked in round one.
Cain won the first round, buddeh.

Aldo vs Conor.

Thumbs up for Conor on his win. Aldo was Proven as a great in his division, it was a travesty he didn't get a rematch. Conor NEVER solidified himself as dominant in ANY division, before or since, but his PPV numbers proved his worth to the ufc.

Aspinall vs Blaydes
MM vs Cejudo (3)
Eddie vs RDA
Alex vs Izzy

Some predictions that came true:

Cain vs JDS 2
Hall vs Mousasi
Conor vs Nate

It is curious that I saw the opposite way.
Cain lost his biggest weapons which was constant pressure, Takedown and Ground'n'Pound.
Cain was afraid of following Werdum to the ground, so Werdum baited him repeatedly, but Cain remained standing.
That gave confidence to Werdum, and he started to beat the shit out of Cain. when Cain finally gave up his strategy (of not going to the ground), and reverted back to his instincts and he finally followed Werdum to the ground, and Werdum easily caught him with the choke. By the time they hit the ground, Werdum was already smiling.

I do concede about Cain arriving just days before the fight. But then again, it's not like Werdum hid the fact he would go so early to get acclimated to the high Altitude.
Cain is a professional. They made an informed decision. I mean, it's common knowledge that fighting at altitude air is more Rarefied. They should have known that and trained accordingly.

This is on them, so it should not be used as a valid excuse.But regardless of Gas tank, I just don't see how Cain could beat Werdum.

And it's not because I dislike Cain, but Werdum had the exact attributes to counter Cain.
With his 2nd degree BB in BJJ, Cain was right to fear the ground game of the man who just beat Fedor.
But add his Black belt in Judo and combine with Muay Thai (in which he is also a Black belt)... I don't think anyone could drop Werdum if he ever chose to stand... but the man loves the ground... with reason. I contend that he was beating Overeem, if he didn't fall to the ground every time AO raised his hand... That looked so stupid!!! He begging Overeem to go to the ground... IMHO he lost because of the appearance that AO was dropping him.

So it wasn't the altitude. That didn't help. But Cain lost because Werdum had all the answers.

Also add that like 60 seconds prior they told Cain no double legs, only single legs(bc of the choke) and we walked out and shot a double when he always grabs singles prior to this fight.

A few guys thought that was Cains way out, his way of valiantly(?) quitting.

Also add that like 60 seconds prior they told Cain no double legs, only single legs(bc of the choke) and we walked out and shot a double when he always grabs singles prior to this fight.

A few guys thought that was Cains way out, his way of valiantly(?) quitting.
hahaha yeah, I heard the rumors, but I don't think Cain would do that.
IMO he wanted to surprise Werdum or do something different since standing up was leading to the Thay Plum.

Back