Report: Conor negotiations with UFC going well, with the possibility of two UFC fights in 2018

Khabib and his manager have said they won't fight Tony unless for real belt. Then in a recent interview Khabib said it's in the contract that its for real belt. Dana has said its for the real belt.

At worst we'll have two LW belts but I feel they are waiting until after weigh ins to strip him because this fight has proven elusive.

Even if they strip Conor doesnt hurt him. Gives him perfect excuse to fight Diaz in the trilogy and say he's doing a warmm up - then come back for LW champ in sept/oct whoever that may be.
I thought the same thing too, that they want both fighters to make it to the cage. But even then, if Conor is there to see Artem, can you imagine them stripping him in person and dealing with the inevitable PR backlash that would surely follow?

Let's not forget that Conor transformed what would have been the worst year in history in to the best year, owing to fight pass subs/etc for MayMac.

RDA was out with a legit injury, fuckhead dumbass. He didn't run. He's currently at 170 beating people's asses while Conor is refusing to fight at 155.

The things you life reject, 18 year old casual fans say is hilarious.

What you said is hilarious. Did you start watching the sport six months ago? Are you aware of his history prior to the last year? He called out everybody. Everybody. He practically fought Woodley backstage. As to RDA and his injury. All of these Brazilians talk real tough when it comes to fighting this Irishman. But when it’s time to actually fight they usually run or delay it.. Aldo pulled the same crap.

I thought the same thing too, that they want both fighters to make it to the cage. But even then, if Conor is there to see Artem, can you imagine them stripping him in person and dealing with the inevitable PR backlash that would surely follow?

Let's not forget that Conor transformed what would have been the worst year in history in to the best year, owing to fight pass subs/etc for MayMac.

If you mean financially (best year) for UFC?
It would have been without MayMac as well

Who else aside from Holloway? I don't think Holloway is a big fight that would generate huge interest. I've seen them going back and forth on social media, but my taking of it was because Holloway made comments about Conor being an 'exhibition fighter' and a couple of other smarmy comments, which I found odd, as Holloway was vocal about Conor having the power to pull some strings other fighters couldn't - and if he was in the same position, he'd do it too.

I can only assume Alvarez got the title shot because Ferguson was injured and Nurmagomedov was off for Ramadan. Prior to that he was scheduled to fight dos Anjos who was tearing it up - the fight was signed and good to go. My own thoughts are that if Conor had beaten dos Anjos, he might've gone up and fought Lawler at 200. I remember him doing an interview before he flew out to Vegas for the dos Anjos fight and talking about 'committing to 200' and when it was Diaz who came in as a replacement, he had talked about Lawler in a media scrum, so who knows. That's my take on it there.

But he was always going to reach a point where he couldn't fight past WW and would have to either go down to FW or LW. It'd be a bit daft having 3 belts if everything went his way. Personally I would have liked to have seen him fight Ferguson - but I don't care what any fighter says - they would have taken that fight for the money on offer. Now it looks like it's going to be the winner of Ferguson and Nurmagomedov.

I remember "journalists" after his fight with dos Anjos being disappointed that in his post fight interview he basically said; 'catch you later' I don't care about a fighter calling another one out to create some sort of buzz, but Nurmagomedov has upped his profile more recently with appearances and going back and forth with Conor on social media.

If he fights one of them and loses, he loses an MMA fight - big deal. This thing about him being scared to death of losing is whatever. I'd certainly watch him and Ferguson, but I think there'd be more interest in him and Nurmagomedov. He's undefeated. His call out at 205 was pretty good. They had some words backstage before 205. That gets fans hyped up a bit.

Artem is fighting on that card and it's only a 5 hour flight to New York, so I could see Conor doing a square off with the winner of Ferguson and Nurmagomedov. If that fight falls apart, then I don't know what the fuck they're going to do, so fingers and toes crossed it doesn't.

I agree with nearly everything you have said. Very solid points.

Wasn't trying to imply he was scared to death of losing but it helps his brand alot to keep winning and he knows it.

I definiely think both Ferg and Khabib are winnable fights for him, just not as winnable as a champ vs champ fight with Holloway which is why they won't say he has been stripped. Along with Holloway being so adamant about taking a fight at 155.

But yes Khabib fight is very marketable if he beats Ferg. Lots of backstory and a market for both.

What you said is hilarious. Did you start watching the sport six months ago? Are you aware of his history prior to the last year? He called out everybody. Everybody. He practically fought Woodley backstage. As to RDA and his injury. All of these Brazilians talk real tough when it comes to fighting this Irishman. But when it’s time to actually fight they usually run or delay it.. Aldo pulled the same crap.
I started watching before your pussy ass was born, bitch boy. You don't know a fucking thing about MMA. Conor is ducking Khabib and Tony more than RDA EVER ran, stupid ass fan boy.

RDA would rip Conor a brand new ass and shove the old one down his throat.

IF, and a big IF he does come back????

The ONLY two people he will fight is either Floyd, or Nate Diaz....In any case, after either one, he will retire and end this embarrassing facade that is a stain the combat sports history....

I honestly think either Khabib vs Tony happens for the interim belt, and Conor has already signed on to face the winner and they immediately start hype for the fight by bringing Conor in the cage to have a faceoff with the winner..

Or they strip him a couple weeks before the fight if they can't make anything happen, make Tony vs Khabib for the official belt and just go from there I would assume.

It's not like anyone sees Conor as the real champ and the belt is nothing more a promotional prop to him than anything at this point.

Wasn't trying to imply he was scared to death of losing but it helps his brand alot to keep winning and he knows it.

I know. Just repeating some of the popular opinions on here as to why he hasn't fought Ferguson or Nurmagomedov.

I definiely think both Ferg and Khabib are winnable fights for him, just not as winnable as a champ vs champ fight with Holloway which is why they won't say he has been stripped. Along with Holloway being so adamant about taking a fight at 155.

Hmmm. Well, it seems like Conor is going to be stripped and if he isn't and fights Holloway on his come back, that wouldn't make much sense, imo. Maybe he's letting Holloway know that he beat him and he has 'his belt' or something like that.

If he fought Edgar at 222, I wonder if that would have being at 145. Probably not, but from listening to Lockhart, he doesn't see him having an issue getting down to that weight.

I know. Just repeating some of the popular opinions on here as to why he hasn't fought Ferguson or Nurmagomedov.

Hmmm. Well, it seems like Conor is going to be stripped and if he isn't and fights Holloway on his come back, that wouldn't make much sense, imo. Maybe he's letting Holloway know that he beat him and he has 'his belt' or something like that.

If he fought Edgar at 222, I wonder if that would have being at 145. Probably not, but from listening to Lockhart, he doesn't see him having an issue getting down to that weight.

Getting down to 145 on 3 weeks notice? I can't see that being healthy and barely doable if at all.

Getting down to 145 on 3 weeks notice? I can't see that being healthy and barely doable if at all.

No, 3 weeks would be stretching it and he looks a lot bigger walking around.

Like I said, probably not at 145, but Lockhart has being working with him for a while now and just that Conor made the comment of 'fighting the last FW' struck me that it would be at FW.

Nah, 3 weeks notice and the fight is in Vegas, couldn't see it happening. Maybe slightly possible if they re-scheduled it a few weeks later.

roflcopter_gif_by_solaris_92-d6h7qbu.gif

Back