Report UFC’s Fight Pass has 400,000 subscribers

Agreed, i highly doubt those big companies are looking for the back catalogue, they must see big money in live programming, i have had fight pass since inception and i have never watched a single invicta event live or in historical context so i have to be huge outlier in all this lol

IDK, catalogue has a lot of value
But from what i was told, Amazon made an offer that would include catalogue in Prime & offer live programming at a tier or per-event price.
That can change but that was the offer (or one of them)

Lol, I knew that... I forgot it was 2018 already hahaha my bad. I did the math without thinking and went into 2017 mode. I guess that kinda ruins my question doesn't it? Thanks for answering anyways!

Time fn flying by lol

Just so all PEOPLE know this you cannot cancel your fight pass without canceling your card.

$20 a month with PPVs included.

$20 a month with PPVs included.

Not going to happen
Since it looks like they won't be doing 1 PPV a month anymore in 2019

But a discount to FP members should be considered, but I doubt it

Ive tried numerous times and its still debtiing from my account.

That sucks

But I done it at least twice
I saw a card I wanted & signed up & canceled & had no issues

Maybe others that said they canceled can chime in

I remember when Fight Pass first came out and the type of Fight Nights they had. Compared to how many MMA organization and other combat sports they have on it now, it has come a long long way.

That’s a ton of money a year that they barely have to do anything for.

And people act like they’re full of shit when they say they just had their best year ever. MayMac and fight pass alone made them a ton of money last year.

People want so badly to be right that they refuse to acknowledge the opposite
But surprisingly even without the added sub numbers & MayMac 2017 would be their best year as far as profits go

must be all those people who buy it to watch Eddie Bravo's jiujitsu tournament and Polaris, since ufc is dying

Deleted my 1.5TB+ UFC collection (recordings from all the ufc events that i have attended to :)) from the hdd and subscribed to fight pass. The only problem that i have with it is that the events are all cut up into individual fights and, as a result, that special atmosphere that i would enjoy when watching the full thing is completely removed.

$20 a month + PPV sounds great. Where i live, the 60$ PPV model represents 20-30% of ones salary, it doesn't make sense.

fightpass is value for money imo. PPVs on the other hand is not

Crunching numbers, that is about $30-40m a year before content/staff expenses

Btw ... I was asked how I got to that
FP has $7.99 & 9.99 pricing
So lets say $9
Roku, etc. all take a cut
WWE is rumored to make about $7.5 from $9.99
So $7 per at 400k per is about $34k a year

Not going to happen
Since it looks like they won't be doing 1 PPV a month anymore in 2019

But a discount to FP members should be considered, but I doubt it

It worked for WWE.

Though there are still idiots actually paying for PPVs.

Not surprised I guess, it's about the best option if you're an mma fan and don't mind paying. I only cancelled mine because of the region blackouts, and I had binged a shitload of old fights and needed a break.
VPN connect through Romania and nothing is Blacked out fyi

I am suprised considering the lack of exclusive FP full events. I think UFC only got me for $10 once because i had already used the 1 week trial and they had a FP only event i wanted to see. I dont regret the purchase since it was a good card, but i wouldn't pay for the garbage prelims they have been putting on FP lately. Even the PPV's are the weakest ive seen in a long time, i can't imagine how bad PPV, and Fox/FS1 cards would be if they started thinning them out even more with FP.

Crunching numbers, that is about $30-40m a year before content/staff expenses
That is a very considerable figure.

Like you said, they also have exclusive fight pass content that comes out of that 30 - 40 mill. including a couple of entire events that they put entirely on Fight pass. Plus they got several programs that they make... & you can only watch them on fight pass. They have a dedicated tech support line & I'm sure a webdesigner. I'm not sure what the cost of their streaming service or equipment is... but that could get costly. So there is a considerable bit of expense that comes along with that.

Couldn't imagine it costing even half of that figure though. Maybe not even a quarter of that.... so that is some sweet profit. Would be interesting to know what their expenses are for running fight pass & creating exclusive content.

That figure doesn't really surprise me, to be honest. Actually, all things considered, I thought it would be higher.

Back