Multiplatform Resident Evil 4: Remake

Are you excited for the remake?

• Total voters
Ya I disagree entirely.

I predict an RE5 and 6 remake to do just as poorly sales wise.

The game that started this entire franchise? Survival horror.
The top two games that sold the most? Survival horror.
The game that turned this franchise around again? Survival horror.

By all means...they can retread the mistake of going down the action horror road again, thinking this time it will be better. But it won't. I just don't think that many players are playing survival horror.

COD with zombies is boring.
Just as poorly as what? 4 remake is one of Capcom’s fastest selling titles of all time lol. It’s selling twice as fast as the “survival horror” RE7 and faster than RE2make. Let me know how it’s doing four years from now.

Thinking it will be better than 5 and 6 which are two of their best selling in the franchise?

Think you’re confusing your preferences for reality. I would love a return to a smaller scope game and a return to actual zombies. I don’t think a slow methodical game where you’re scrapping to get by is going to sell as well as their recent titles have.

Just as poorly as what? 4 remake is one of Capcom’s fastest selling titles of all time lol. It’s selling twice as fast as the “survival horror” RE7 and faster than RE2make. Let me know how it’s doing four years from now.

Thinking it will be better than 5 and 6 which are two of their best selling in the franchise?

Think you’re confusing your preferences for reality. I would love a return to a smaller scope game and a return to actual zombies. I don’t think a slow methodical game where you’re scrapping to get by is going to sell as well as their recent titles have.
They should make Zombies faster and able to kill you with one bite but with single headshot taking them down. That would be fun.

Finished my Pro S+ run at 2hr 14min. Now it's time for my leisurely NG pro run with infinite ammo where I get to crack open every box and slaughter every enemy. After this final run it will be time to give it a much needed break before the VR mode comes out.

Finished my Pro S+ run at 2hr 14min. Now it's time for my leisurely NG pro run with infinite ammo where I get to crack open every box and slaughter every enemy. After this final run it will be time to give it a much needed break before the VR mode comes out.
Always so cathartic after those runs lol.

Welp. Time will tell. If more people are entertained by spin kicking not zombies and resident evil goes full COD again, that's fine. Leaves the market open for someone else to make survival horror and I'll move onto that.

Went through the game on HC last night as fast as I could with unlimited weapons. I clocked in at 49 minutes.

The WR on Professional NG is 45 minutes. I don’t know how these guys do it. There are some skips but I’m basically skipping every boss fight with the rocket launcher.

I totally thought I was done with this and moved on Lies of P on Gamepass. Went to play and my kid was logged in on his Xbox to play Roblox, and found myself starting a new SW run.

Decided to focus on weapons I typically ignored so the Blast Bow is getting a lot action. It's been fun but real easy to get in trouble if you miss a shot with the reload time. It feels like swapping the weapon out has some extra frames, so jumping to a new weapon on a missed shot still takes a bit longer than normal. I biffed a shot at a chainsaw guy rushing me and took the saw to the guts.

I totally thought I was done with this and moved on Lies of P on Gamepass. Went to play and my kid was logged in on his Xbox to play Roblox, and found myself starting a new SW run.

Decided to focus on weapons I typically ignored so the Blast Bow is getting a lot action. It's been fun but real easy to get in trouble if you miss a shot with the reload time. It feels like swapping the weapon out has some extra frames, so jumping to a new weapon on a missed shot still takes a bit longer than normal. I biffed a shot at a chainsaw guy rushing me and took the saw to the guts.
Lol, I realized I never did a Pro run on the main game without using a bonus weapon, think i ended up using the unbreakable knife, so I started a fresh casual Pro run yesterday.

VR mode on PS drops on 12/8. Really excited to blast through this again in VR.

Played VR mode for about an hour. Super fun but need to play around with the VR settings before I carry on. Turning on easy reload was a must. Only played a few VR shooters, but have never enjoyed complex reloading mechanics.

Didn't think about it before I turned it off, but need to look for an accessibility setting if they allow single hand operation for rifles. I feel like using two hands on n VR shooters is the way to go for realism, but in execution it's feels sloppy because your hand are free floating and the weapon always feels off kilter. I've seen some really cool gun stock accessories for VR shooters, that I might splurge on now that I have a quality shooter.

This is the one I think I have my eye on:

How is it Capcom is able to drop VR into their games when so few others seem to be able to? Still straddling the fence on whether to get PSVR 2. Would be easier if more devs supported it.

How is it Capcom is able to drop VR into their games when so few others seem to be able to? Still straddling the fence on whether to get PSVR 2. Would be easier if more devs supported it.
It’s got enough on it already to justify the price. So far the games I own on it are RE4, RE8, GT7, Horizon CotM, Kayak, Synapse, Walkabout Mini Golf, Tentacular, Moss I & II, Before Your Eyes, Switchback VR, and Ancient Dungeon VR. Vertigo 2 is dropping soon as well and heard nothing but good things. I think my only disappointment is not getting the incredible Astrobot game rereleased on PSVR2. Hope they make another for this hardware

It’s got enough on it already to justify the price. So far the games I own on it are RE4, RE8, GT7, Horizon CotM, Kayak, Synapse, Walkabout Mini Golf, Tentacular, Moss I & II, Before Your Eyes, Switchback VR, and Ancient Dungeon VR. Vertigo 2 is dropping soon as well and heard nothing but good things. I think my only disappointment is not getting the incredible Astrobot game rereleased on PSVR2. Hope they make another for this hardware
I'm going to get one before Christmas (it's my gift to myself), I was just hoping for some kind of black Friday deal or bundle by now but nope.

Bumping this thread to let the PC users know about a RE4make mod you may be interested in... especially if you've already beaten it on its hardest difficulty.

Saying it's a even harder mode is being a bit simplistic. Just watch the shorter video above, and if you'd like to see an abridged playthrough up to the cave troll boss, watch the video below.

For those who are wondering "How tough does this Berserker mod get?"

Check out...
54:16
1:15:22
1:32:17

I'd be interested in any FromSoft game has difficulty anywhere close to this, because from what I understand is their bosses are tough and do major damage to you and you do barely any damage to them, but you can learn their patterns and that's how you win.

In this RE4 Berserker, you're constantly overwhelmed with tough enemies coming at you from all angles and its insanely difficult to avoid being surrounded and overwhelmed.

Most likely because Capcom built that RE Engine from the ground up:

RE Engine features various improvements over MT Framework, including new anti-aliasing and volumetric lighting features.[11] The engine also allows developers to use photogrammetry to create higher quality assets. It also includes improved VR support over its predecessor, allowing it to hit high framerates necessary to avoid motion sickness.[7] It also includes tools to make animation faster, such as modular rigging, motion matching, procedural animation and motion retargeting.[12][13][14] RE Engine also has various new physics simulation options which allow for more realistic debris.[15]

Something about this game pisses me off and I'm not sure what.

Back