Movies RESIDENT EVIL: WELCOME TO RACCOON CITY (First Trailer)

A whole host of reasons that idiots in dark rooms decide on. Question is, would you rather be duped? You've now seen how cheesy it looks, and your expectations should be measured appropriately. Would you rather have been left in the dark on how it's obviously not gonna be some AAA master class of film making, that a fancy pants trailer might convince you of?

Gotta say though, I don't see what is so different in that trailer. It still looks pretty hammy.

The annoyance isn't that its obviously cheesy with piss-poor CGI, its that Hollywood with its deep talent pool COULD have taken the source material for the original games and turned them into cinematic classics.

Instead, we're getting a low-budget, low-effort, and embarassing mix-mash of the two original games crammed into one movie.

Look at Batman and the four villains of Rash Al-Ghoul (sp?), Scarecrow, Joker, and Two-Face. They're completely ridiculous, right?

Those four ridiculous characters were put into two movies and they should be on everyone's 'Top 10 Best Movies Of The Last 20 Years' lists. They're that good.

Now look at the original RE games, if each storyline was adapted into a movie (liberally), but taken seriously and also taken the intelligence of the fanbase seriously, they could individually be classics.

If they'd make RE movies like that, I'd pre-buy my tickets for me and all my friends, and pre-order the 4K BluRay.

saw this earlier today, its cool they are trying to go into the old school game lore, but its gonna be poop. so much material but no incentive to stick to the good stuff

I hope the green herb and Jill sandwiches make their way into the movie.

I dig the trailer.
Looks like it will be closer to actual game plot.
The series with Jovovich was straight garbage.

Casting is good outside latino Leon (lmao), who was'nt even part of RE1 to begin with

She might be mentioned in a doc or something but Claire isn't part of RE1 either and she seems to have gotten the majority of screen time in this trailer.

The annoyance isn't that its obviously cheesy with piss-poor CGI, its that Hollywood with its deep talent pool COULD have taken the source material for the original games and turned them into cinematic classics.

Instead, we're getting a low-budget, low-effort, and embarassing mix-mash of the two original games crammed into one movie.

Look at Batman and the four villains of Rash Al-Ghoul (sp?), Scarecrow, Joker, and Two-Face. They're completely ridiculous, right?

Those four ridiculous characters were put into two movies and they should be on everyone's 'Top 10 Best Movies Of The Last 20 Years' lists. They're that good.

Now look at the original RE games, if each storyline was adapted into a movie (liberally), but taken seriously and also taken the intelligence of the fanbase seriously, they could individually be classics.

If they'd make RE movies like that, I'd pre-buy my tickets for me and all my friends, and pre-order the 4K BluRay.

Cinematic classics...from "Resident Evil"? Yeah, I don't see it. The games are cheesy fun, and their stories are that of a midnight B-movie. There's not much depth there, and what is there is insanely over the top, incoherent and silly. I mean, take away all the in-game moment to moment tension that hooks you in the game, which can not be recreated in a movie, and what are you left with? Some very corny zombie movies, with embarrassingly bad writing and silly characters, that really only works in videogame form.

As for the Batman comparison, it comes down to writing and depth. There's nothing to pull from in the RE franchise, that can touch something like "The Killing Joke", or many other mature and well written stories within the Batman universe, that has made Batman more than the sum of it's parts over time, and has inspired writers and filmmakers to do more with it. With Resident Evil, what you see is what you get. There's not much depth to it's universe that would inspire something of such high quality that you're demanding. They're silly zombie movies, with silly one note characters, and the movies reflect that.

Could it be done? In theory, but I think someone would have to leave a LOT of the silly shit alone, and pretty much reinvent the franchise and make it their own. As is, if you're taking from the source material(as the fans demand), it's gonna reflect the source material, and the source material is, let's face it, pretty fucking stupid.

IGN gave it a 6/10.

If a hack website like IGN can only justify a 6 out of 10 as the highest they could go, for a videogame movie, it really shows how horrible of a movie it is.

The casting isn't good. If you're going to go with a bunch of unknowns then you have to give some eye candy, there is no known actors or eye candy in this low rate shitfest.

Looks fun, I like when video games movies are just kind of over the top action movies that don’t take themselves too seriously.

The casting isn't good. If you're going to go with a bunch of unknowns then you have to give some eye candy, there is no known actors or eye candy in this low rate shitfest.

You trying to Jack off to this movie?

when even the trailer is bad, you know the movie will be shit.

when even the trailer is bad, you know the movie will be shit.

Strangely enough, practically everything in that first trailer looked horrible.

You'd think they'd hide everything they could, keeping everything in shadow, give the impression it'd be a creepy horror movie.

But, surprisingly, they'd practically saying "We know you're a fan of the games, want to pay for a movie ticket to see them butchered on the big screen? We'll even throw in some shitty CGI."

I'm on the verge of applauding them, if they weren't butchering a movie I've been begging them to make for 23 years.

Saw it this afternoon since I have a day off, it was decent without a doubt better than any of the previous Resident evil movies, save maybe the first one...

I'm in the meh fence with a good chunk of you guys. Will likely end up seeing it cos the misses wants to but, well, meh...

Looks like shit. Looks like they cucked Chris and WTF did they do to Leon, is that really him lmao? I thought that was Oliveira as I heard they were combining games, but I'm guessing it's Resi 1/2 combined?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back